A New Forum "Current Affairs"?

Shld there be a new forum for politics and serious issues?

• Yes

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • No

Votes: 39 40.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight-Dragon

Unhidden Dragon
Retired Moderator
Due to heavy OT activity (a good sign! :goodjob: ), I've raised the proposal for a separate forum for politics and serious issues debates. Tentatively to be called "Current Affairs" (name will be finalized later - you can also suggest a name here).

OT will be retained for the purposes of community building and light-handed, fun stuff and other non-political, non-serious news etc.

Now is a chance for your voice to be heard. Pls vote, and also tell what you think, if you wish so. :smoke:

No spamming... :hammer:

I had to vote no. I like it how it is.

and the reason its so busy is because Ive started spamming here now instead of elsewhere :lol:

Sounds like Australia for the convicts... It might be used as an excuse for some major spam and general pissing contests. Are you going to take on the task of being the moderator?

Easier moderating, and less chance of people of posting the same news threads, due to heavy traffic.

No need to search for all the quizzes.

Longer thread retention in both forums.

Too lazy to think of more... :p

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
Sounds like Australia for the convicts... It might be used as an excuse for some major spam and general pissing contests. Are you going to take on the task of being the moderator?
Will be part of Colosseum - same mods as OT now. Just a place to gather all the serious threads. ;)

Same rules still apply, and same level of moderation.

In hot times (911, Iraq War), mods can shut down the whole politics forum w/o affecting the fun easy-going threads. Tentatively proposed...

I agree with XIII, sometimes I find it a pain to read through news topics to find quizzes or vice versa. Also, another alternative is to have a quiz/game forum and use this for everything else.

KD, that was the most extraordinary of circumstances when the OT got locked. I doubt that would ever be a problem again.

Originally posted by naervod
I agree with XIII, sometimes I find it a pain to read through news topics to find quizzes or vice versa. Also, another alternative is to have a quiz/game forum and use this for everything else.
Too few quizzes/games to merit their own forum... These will be deleted eventually anyways. ;)

Originally posted by Immortal
KD, that was the most extraordinary of circumstances when the OT got locked. I doubt that would ever be a problem again.
**** happens sometimes. :p

I'd like to reserve such a last resort for action - seeing how few truly effective tools we mods have at our disposal to do our job, w/o getting cranky and mean.

I'm a nice guy; it's not in my nature to be cranky and mean. :p

When I tried to, I tend to go overboard... :mischief:

I'm even nice enough to ask what you guys think, before getting TF to make it final. :p

because some exchanges we would all care to forget mods and posters. and I cant delete them myself.

Originally posted by WildFire
Why do moderators care about deleting threads if post counts don't matter?
It matters to TF. :king: :p

And people complained, about these spam threads.

I agree with Immortal for the most part, I dont think its needed, though If times do get hot enough It might be wise, but as most have seen, my recent spam quest has been in OT:groucho: :mischief: and a good deal on the policicle stuff well.... and cher..... and its convienent......

Basically, I come to the OT to get a dose of everything, not to focus on a particular topic. I hate having to browse multiple forums. I frequent three as it is: OT, Computer, and Site Feedback. Sometimes I drop by humor, but I don't like to have to read through all those posts too much, so I tend to stay away from there as well.

I would hate having to go to a Current Affairs, OT, Computer, and Site Feedback. I'm lazy too, and I like it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom