City State Civil War

Draconarius

Chieftain
I had a rather strange occurrence in my latest game. Around the modern era, two of my city state allies started wailing on one another and didn't stop until the end of the game. Neither got very far, but they did manage to pillage each other's resources which was a little bit annoying. Is this is a normal occurrence, and is there any way to get them to leave each other alone?

I have no idea how this could happen. Do you have a screen shot? Most city states make peace with the other civilizations or city states once they're no longer allied with the common enemy.

I've tried this as well. I think its because both city states use to be allied with 2 different civs, that was at war with each other and then you snagged both cities who then ends up in some permanent war limbo state... IIRC

There is definitely a problem with city state peace negotiations, I have seen it happen numerous times. For some reason they seem to never make peace with each other sometimes when their allies change.

I have no idea how this could happen. Do you have a screen shot? Most city states make peace with the other civilizations or city states once they're no longer allied with the common enemy.

Actually, yes. They were still at it when I took out the final capital to win, and are still going at it in the post-game.

Spoiler :

Here's Mogadishu and Tyre during my turn. You can see the crippled Artillery in Tyre, and the pillaged farmland in Mogadishu.

Spoiler :

And this is what happened after I hit end turn. Mogadishu's Artillery opens up on Tyre's Infantry.

I've tried this as well. I think its because both city states use to be allied with 2 different civs, that was at war with each other and then you snagged both cities who then ends up in some permanent war limbo state... IIRC

That's probably what happened. I remember stealing both from other civs, and all hell was breaking loose across the world at the time so they could have been at war with each other when I did. Nice to know my game isn't going crazy on me.

This is a definite glitch, it has happened to me more than once and I HATE it. It was cool at first, I was like "Wow, those city-states are at war with each other, I didn't know that could happen!" But once I realized it was a bug, that there was no way to fix it (or there is, but it would involve waiting for one city to ally with another civ and then going to war and making peace), and those city states were just going to spend the ENTIRE REST OF THE GAME pointlessly and uselessly wailing on each other (every end-turn I had to watch them destroy each other's units, but never bother actually trying to take the other city), it got old really fast. When it happens now I tend to either reload or quit, as I just find it really annoying. Definitely something the devs need to fix.

Top Bottom