Japanese WW2 Battleship PLACEHOLDER

one_time_poster

Chieftain
I use this unit in my own mod, so I thought I'd release it for everybody:

I say PLACEHOLDER because this isn't a complete unit. It's a cut and paste (a very, very smooth cut and paste, but still cut and paste) of one of Wyrmshadows units: the Yavuz class, with the Yamato Superstructure made by Vingrjoe placed on top.

It looks distinctive, but as it is made up of old units, it looks old. So up against Vingrjoe's new North Carolina it looks like a pile of... well...lets just say its just a placeholder, until someone who actually can make graphics makes a better looking japanese battleship.

Note, it does not have an ini file, death animation, or sounds attached. If you want to use it, just copy another .ini file and rename the entries

Best,
Shane

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/120856/IJN.zip

ten character limit la la la

Attachments

• demo.gif
    demo.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 802
Very interseting one time'. I assume you were going for the Pogoda mast look of several of the battleship classes of the IJN.

I commend you for having the patience to do cut and paste gfx.

@vingrjoe
Yes, I was indeed trying to go for the 'pagoda' look, but this is as good as I can get with cut and paste. And I'm not going to start trying to do 3d models of my own. I appreciate the compliment about my abundant patience, but if I really had any patience, I would have made a death animation too! :lol: Anyway thanks for your yamato, which provided part of the ship!

Top Bottom