Sitting Bull

RedRalph

Deity
I have found him to be extremely aggressive so far, though supposedly he isnt. als he never, ever forgives you for a slight. anyone else found this?

He knows what happened last time he tried to make peace with a newly met civ! :D

I had him as a near neighbour for five games in a row (he's the new Montezuma in that regard!). About half the time he's a good ally and quite peaceful, and about half the time he either backstabs me or declares war very early (usually resulting in my crushing him, oddly enough). The problem is he's so hard to invade you usually have to buy him off/appease him until the midgame.

All jokes aside I wonder has he been programmed never to again trust a Civ that attacked him?

I had the same problem. I attacked him once, he never trusted me again. Paranoid lot those natives.... Then again I was playing a European nation...:rolleyes:

I had Pericles refuse to talk to me for 100's and 100's of years. I fact he only started to talk to me when I attack him and forced capitulation.

If I remember I was only really good terms +5 same religion +2 for others.

Then he changed religion and someone asked me to stop trading with him which I did, but then he refused to talk for 1000 years.

Reading from his AI file, Sitting Bull is quite the isolationist. He isn't the most agressive, but he does make frequent demands, witch can sour relationships. On the pluss side he is very unlikly to declare war if he is not your neighbour, and he also values friendship more than most.

Pericles seems by looking at his data to be a moderate warrior, the emphasis here is placed on wonder constructing and tech trading. He is a good neighbour. Why he refused to talk to you seems like a bug. I thought they only refused to talk at the begining of wars. Perhaps he was the vassal of someone else?

KK

One time, I canceled an Open Border treaty with Sitting Bull because Isabella wanted me to. I didn't realize Sitting Bull just switched to Buddhism, so I accepted her request/demand.

Sitting Bull didn't talk to me again for like 100 turns.

Man thats cold. You shouldn't have Washington as your portrait, perhaps Monty is better suited.

Sitting Bull is a very worthy opponent, and a satisfying conquest. All tough he can be frustrating as well when he hides in his cities.

I have yet to meet Sitting Bull in game, but when I do I shall enjoy slaughtering him and every man, woman and child in his empire.
Yeah I was thinking if I was one of the USA civs, and I ran Slavery, and Sitting Bull was my vassal, that'd be pretty f-ed up.

A fun fact about Sitting Bull is that he is almost a warmonger. His unit build rate is pretty high, and he is frequent fighter. Unlike his peers however his respect for other warmongers is pretty low and he usually likes the player.

I also found a stat in the AI file called iRefuseToTalkWarThreshold. I think this only applies during wartime. Sitting Bull has the highest ranking of all the AIs in this stat. Pericles is average.

KK

Top Bottom