Maps For Civ IV or Civ IV Warlords

Gottesfreunde

Chieftain
i notice that there is a MOD for Civ IV Warlords that PC users can play that allows for 24 civs. When i attempt to load this on my Mac, it won't load... so then i find out that many of the MOD's don't work with the Mac version. Ok.

But, i would REALLY like a map/mod that would allow me to play with 24 civs on the Mac version... does anyone know of one? Does anyone have the skills to make one if one does not already exist? If you have the skills, but not the time, can you tell me how to do it?

I haven't looked at it, but I would hazard a guess that it uses a custom DLL. And the Mac version can't handle a custom DLL, which makes such a mod impractical for the Mac version.

[I say "impractical" because nothing is "impossible" given enough time and resources.]

Yes, i'm aware of the .DLL issue... but i was wondering what could be done on the Mac side of things to create such a map.

The maximum number of civs is only alterable in a dll as far as I am aware.

You're correct, Alan.

I found out about the limitation after attempting to create a map with 24 civilizations. It wouldn't work and, after checking with some of the more enlightened minds in the mod community, discovered why. The Macintosh version would need, at the very least, a patch in order to accomodate all 24 civilizations.

What you can do, however, is cherry pick the civilizations. For instance, a European map I'm working on (but not as of late, since my plate is full with other must-do things) contains both vanilla and Warlords civilizations, just not all 24 possibilities due to the limits.

I also got my hands on a Northern Hemisphere map, courtesy of the mod community, although someone else is supposed to be working (as time allows) on an even better NH map. In time, I hope to seed both vanilla and Warlord civilizations on those maps.

Gatekeeper

Top Bottom