Am I screwed?

Elite

Comrade
Ok, I've stared a game on Normal difficulty, I named my civ the Imperium and I started out in the middle of the galaxy, I'm currently allied with the Altarians, and the races that have been defeated are:

most of the minor races(mostly gobbled up by my Empire)
the Altarians(killed by Thalans)
Drengin(killed by ???)

the other races are still alive and knocking on my doorstep(trying to invade my planets)

Terra is in the middle of the Galaxy, and I own most planets surrounding it, so, what do you think my next move should be?

My borders and military are a bit stretched out, any idea's?

Are you already at war with the other races? If so I would say make peace any way you can. Next design a defender with only one weak weapon so as to make it cheap and purchase a butt-load of them. This will make you appear strong to the A.I. and will prevent them from attacking you again (cheesy, I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do). Now, use the time you have bought for yourself to build up an uber-powerful armada of warships and send those other races running with their tails between their legs.

Of course this is all assuming that you have a decent economy that can handle the production of those powerful ships and enough of a surplus to spam those weak defenders.

I'm not sure if my economy can handle it, but I do get a lot of credits each turn(really, I can barely hold the eastern fringe of the galaxy)
Hell, most of my Empire's borders I can barely hold onto, I would send a fleet to the Thalan's but they rethought war with me(after I sent out about 5 Super Star Destroyers) the larges(and best) ships in the galaxy, the lessuians are the ONLY ones that have ever defeated my fleets, I'm at war with:

Korx
Iconian refuge

I'm at peace with:
Thalans
Yor

I'm allied to:
some minor races that are in no position to help anyone save themselves
Drath legion

My plan that failed:
I made a push into the Iconian controlled part of the galaxy(which all I did was cause a bulge in their lines) they went from average military strength to weak military in one turn(I literally broke their back, but not their resolve)
then the Thalan's declared war on me(I tried to bring everyone into war against them but this was their reply:"They are to strong! no way!")

I was always telling myself:"Oh come on! I could most easily break their back should they come to me!"

later on the Thalans made peace with me(resulting in the peace I have had for a while) the only thing that saved the Iconians?

A Korx fleet was in the system and I was at war with them(their fleet was closer then the any Iconian's worlds) so I tried to outrun them, but they cought up and kicked my fleet all the way back to Terra(and believe it or not, that fleet owned that section of the galaxy!)

that fleet which I named:"Destroyer" literally owned that part of the galaxy, being nigh invincible(until the Korx showed up)

the only reason I have the eastern fringe of the galaxy? because my allies, the Altarians surrendered to me after the Drath legion took a couple of their planets.

any other idea's, I'll try and make peace with the Korx(their part of the galaxy is to far away for me to worry about) the Iconian's, i'll try and spam them, if they are not at peace with me.

First, make peace with the Korx anyway you can. Accept whatever terms they want, no matter how humiliating (you'll be getting your revenge later).

Just remember that the weak defenders I told you to build are not meant for fighting, but for a sort of propoganda effort. Due to the way the A.I. calculates military strength, churning out many weak defenders will make you appear strong and make your enemies think twice before attacking you. This will buy you enough time to shift your economy towards military production and allow you to rebound from your early losses.

As for your allies, your "paper tiger" military should make you appear strong enough to convince them to enter the war. Now don't expect them to do great things (although they can) and fight as if they weren't even there. Your allies should be used to create a buffer between you and your enemies to buy you even more time to mobilize your war machine.

Now, for that really strong Korx fleet, avoid it at all costs. Try to lure it away from your invasion fleets with a powerful, yet expendable fleet that can tie it up and weaken it. This should allow you to focus your main war effort on taking their planets. Once you take enough of their worlds, you will see them completely collapse, and that strong fleet will become nothing more than a minor annoyance.

I already tried to avoid it once(though I really just keeping my planets well protected from that fleet) now I am making the Iconian's beg for mercy(as I unleash fleet after fleet of Super Star Destroyer's upon their hapless worlds)

the Acrean's, I'm also alleid with I just checked, and I just checked my economy, appearently, I spent a lot of my money on powerful ships in a attempt to wipe out the iconion presence above me(it succeeded for about 3 turns, then the ships protecting the enemy's worlds got stronger and stronger)

I've made peace with the Korx(just costed be about 2 techs) and I'm being the peacemaker around the galaxy(due to my efforts, the galaxy isn't at it's throat to much anymore)

though, i can't say that the minor races won't be wiped out soon(I only helped the bigger races)

I've been pumping out SSD's like crazy(Super Star Destroyer's) and actually been able to conquer a few new worlds(ones that are above me)

I'm currently in the process of spamming the Iconian's with a lot of Tie fighters(the weakest yet cheapest of my military units, next to X-Wings)

The X-Wings, I've formed into tiny fleets all called "Rogue Squadren".

I as much as I would love to reclaim some worlds that the Arcaen's took from me(luck them I'm to spread out for a full offensive)

I've check imperial maps on the Imperium of Man, and I own as much as they do, and I'm just as spread out as they.

So far, I've scouted out that part of the galaxy that the Iconian's own(I'm at peace with them now) I see that that All-powerful Korx fleet is gone(I'm still at war with the Arcaen's, I think) and I have High espionage levels, I knoe just about everything about the Arcean's(some of their planets were uphappy with their government) like 39% happiness, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a fleet knocking at their doorstep, turnd out, my intelligence was a bit utdated, because their popularity rose before I even came knockin' at their doorstep.

Well, it sounds like you were able to pull yourself out of the crisis you were in and are making some relly good gains. The only advice I have left for you is to just keep a cool head, don't panic, and stick with strategies and tactics that seem to be working and you should come out on top.

Where are you tech wise? I find on normal that if you have something the AI covets(like any of the "[insert size here] hull building" techs) you can trade them for a ton of technologies. Or for Peace.

I've research most of the military techs(with me having completly researched Starbase defenses) and researching all of the diplomacy option(I think) I'm actually quite farther advanced then other races(which is we are all somewhere around the middle of the tech race).

Now that I screwed up the Iconian's military and wiped out a number of minor races, I want some suggestions on wo should I invade next?

Drath Legion
Iconian refuge
Korx Dominion(I've just about screwed up their entire military)

Who should I attack now?

Top Bottom