Pointless and silly over the top rant #5687

Alki

Prince
It's a bloody outrage I tells ya. A bloody outrage!

Edinburgh is a city state in Civ 5 (how cool is that?) with irrational as a characteristic! How in the name of all that is Holy can Edinburgh be classed as Irattional? The city was at the forefront of the of the Industrial revolution and was so enlightened it's nickname was the Athens of The North.

I demand an explanantion, retraction, apology and or free copy of the game to help placate my righteous rage.

i agree that it is incorrect to be Irrational....surely as the capital of Scotland it should be Inventive, i mean, who else would deep-fry Mars bars..!! ;-)

You are right, and not only I will cancel my pre-order and make a thread every day asking everyone to do the same so that evil greedy corporation learn the lesson, I will also burn my old copies of Civ1, Civ2, Civ3 and Civ4.

It's a bloody outrage I tells ya. A bloody outrage!

Edinburgh is a city state in Civ 5 (how cool is that?) with irrational as a characteristic! How in the name of all that is Holy can Edinburgh be classed as Irattional? The city was at the forefront of the of the Industrial revolution and was so enlightened it's nickname was the Athens of The North.

I demand an explanantion, retraction, apology and or free copy of the game to help placate my righteous rage.

I think it's meant to represent Scotland in general, and the irrational character is the political nature of the state, not an attribute of it's character.

Does anyone know what's the ingame effect of city states being "irrational"?

Btw I wonder why Warsaw is "hostile"...

Well, they did keep attacking England....

Though it worked rather well on many occasions.

Does anyone know what's the ingame effect of city states being "irrational"?
I think these mostly control what missions they ask for.

So Edinburgh would ask you to do things like stand on your head and whistle a show tune while juggling salted herrings.

Perhaps the irrational bit refers to the duality of the city that influence Dr Jeckel an Mr Hyde?

I also resent this classification. I lived there for 6 months and loved it.

The city state personalities are distributed pretty randomly, just to maintain a decent amount of each one, and distributed across the different AI types (so eg not all irrational city states are military). They have an irrational personality type, they have to assign it *somewhere*. Which city states would you prefer it go to?

Irrational probably means things like: they're more likely to attack and to ask you to attack another city state that is more powerful than them.
They have a higher variance in some parameter values that determine things like making demands and declaring war.

*Edit*
Also, its well known that all Scots are crazy.

Edinburgh being Irrational isn't half as weird as Geneva being Irrational. The Swiss? Really? I think Harry Lime would beg to differ.

Do we know that those "Irrational" and "Hostile" tags are permanent? Maybe they're randomly determined with each game, and we just have a snapshot of a game where the Scots are crazy and the Koreans are mad.

Top Bottom