Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

Look for the goody huts ;) With the Exp. trait there you won`t run into any barbarians, you`ll just find gold, cities, settlers and of course - techs... Sounds good enough to me..

Exp trait could be really overpower if you get several settlers and techs in a row at the beginning, especially the settlers.

Look for the goody huts With the Exp. trait there you won`t run into any barbarians, you`ll just find gold, cities, settlers and of course - techs... Sounds good enough to me..

I never knew that:confused:The Pedia should mention that, all it says is "passive minor barbarians are friendlier". I play random everything games and have yet to play an expansionist faction so I didn't know that:p

If you fall behind so you can only research something that everyone else has then ya skrewed, but if ya researching something they dont have then you can get trade a tech of each person who doesnt have it but has something else. So for every tech I get, I then get sevoral more techs from trades, every time I finish researching someone I check all my contacts :). Assuming that ya not really far ahead or really far behind of course...

Its only at the start that i seem to be behind, but i think that has to do with the Black Library.

my early game strategy is to expand quickly to get lots of tax income, then while i use my best (usually the capital) city to start building infrastructure and wonders, my other cities are training units to attack my closest rival :evil:

sounds good :), heres a question, do you build up a large agressive force before declaring war, or wait untill you can make superior units and declare war strieght away before they research thier versions of them?

No more overpowering than getting a free tech at the start of each era (scientific), or growing more food for more settlers (agricultural), i would think :)

Depends on how many goody huts. I was thinking of the Warhammer fantansy world map for someone converted to 2.5 half year ago. There was a lot of goodie huts, and that was overpowering.

I always seem to end up behind in techs, and need to get goody huts and the Black Library. must be something wrong with my strategy... :hmm:

What difficulty level, civ, and map size and type (assuming it's random) are you playing?

I usually make 1 settler and 1 unit till I have 10 cities, then I make workers and shrines for each city, and then I go 1 unit, 1 building, 1 unit, 1 building etc. till I run out of buildings, then I just build units. And then I run out of cash, then I raise taxes.. then I fall behind in techs.. then I go kill someone and then it goes well from there :) I`m playing with the Empire 90 % of times, but I win to fast. I want my steam tanks to fight daemons. If I go up a level I get left behind in techs and then they slaughter me..

Mrtn once recomended I should play Kislev when going up a level, but I`m affraid I`ll get used to their style, and it will mess things up when I have a go with the Empire.

BTW -Why is the Empire called Reikland in the game?

I'm afraid I have the same answer as usual ;) - because the mod was based on Warhammer world, not just army books. Reikland is the central province that stretches its dominion over other provinces, thus forming the Empire. The game starts long before the Empire was formed, and if Reikland ends up a very weak civ in a game, it'd look silly (to me, I imagine WFB purists that don't even consider WFRP "canon" have different opinion...).
ps your sig is disturbing :hide:

sounds good :), heres a question, do you build up a large agressive force before declaring war, or wait untill you can make superior units and declare war strieght away before they research thier versions of them?
I usually build up a large aggressive force. i dont really mind if they have some good units, cos i hope to destroy them in my attack before they can retaliate. i often build the Palace of the Wizard Caliph, too, which gives me defence 8 Earth Elementals that are good to bring along for the ride :)

What difficulty level, civ, and map size and type (assuming it's random) are you playing?
i usually play Warlord (don't know the WH equvilant, Orc Slayer maybe?), regular random, 12 civs i think...

I often let them attack first if I can predict which city they will attack, although I am a bit of a bully in that I only declare war on guys weaker/smaller than me and leave the big guys untill I am stronger from my invasions ;)

Undead civs are fun as you can totally kick ass as soon as you get your undead units at the end of the first era and wipe out any civ ya fancy that is still in the first era :)

If someone attacks me, and I begin to lose, I have my people call some people, and voila, my enemy`s neighbours gang up on him ;)

Undead civs can become really pesky when you play against them, those Sylvannians gave me alot of trouble in the past, attacking with several dozen vampires. I can keep up with Khemri if they are not way ahead of me in techs, and I don`t recall ever having trouble with Lahmians..

Hey Stormy, if you dig up those unit lines for the orcs and goblins again I could change them in the editor/civipedia and post it here over the weekend...

Hey Stormy, if you dig up those unit lines for the orcs and goblins again I could change them in the editor/civipedia and post it here over the weekend...

There is a reason stuff like that was posted in the development thread, and not in the mod thread.

And just to reitterate, this mod is not under development...

Top Bottom