Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Is the Enter functionality on the Game Setup incompatible with other mods that affect it? Or can they be merged easily?

If no other mods use the Enter key at that screen, it's a simple addition to the code. This is true for both screens I've edited, which has no functionality for any keys except Escape. (This seems to be true for majority of UI screens; they rarely employ keyboard shortcuts except Escape.) One caveat is some mods use mainly anonymous functions, so you may have to turn the function you want into a named function, or just copy the code block inside those functions into where the Enter key is executed.

EDIT: Solved! It wasn't of course TopPanel I should have looked at, but rather notification panel. Disregard post.

A while ago I lost my modded EUI setup based on an old version of EUI. In this version I remember having the diplo dropdown list as shown in the image (which is the default UI). In newer versions (and at least dating back to 1.27b) the top panel has been modified to instead of showing the dropdown list it goes to the Diplomacy Overview screen.

Am I remembering wrong here or did EUI always mod the right side in TopPanel? If not, does anyone have an older version to share that still has the right side intact, or at least has the dropdown list instead of going straight to Diplomacy Overview? For interacting with large numbers of city states and even civs themselves the I find the dropdown significantly better than the diplo overview screen. (although diplo overview screen is good for missing luxes and trade deal history of course).

IMG REMOVED

What are you talking about?! I am at the same exact place in here and there is only 12 lines and THIS is nowhere to be found! I'm so irritated I hate this, you know I'm uninstalling it's not worth the :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)ing effort.

The offending lines that create the annoying background are inside
CityBannerManager.xml

Look for the first lines, and out-comment the following code:

Code:
<Grid Anchor="R,C" Size="240,Full"
	Texture="Grid9BlackIndentFade8.dds"
	LSize="8,28"  LTexStart="0,8"
	CSize="28,28" CTexStart="8,8"
	Color="255,255,255,160"/>
<Grid Anchor="L,C" Size="240,Full"
	Texture="Grid9BlackIndentFade8Right.dds"
	CSize="28,28" CTexStart="8,8"
	RSize="8,28"  RTexStart="36,8"
	Color="255,255,255,160"/>

and that's it. No more annoying ribbon background.

The offending lines that create the annoying background are inside
CityBannerManager.xml

I was under the impression that the version I am on, v1.28f, is the latest version, but checking now I see there is a v1.28g and the relevant code moved to this file between those versions.

Somehow I missed the announcement of the update (actually looking now I still don't see it).

This mod messed up my UI, I deleted the mod and I still have the interface from the mod before. It also split my loading screen in half with the leader picture on the left and the text on the right. How do I fix this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling civ v twice and deleting all the files off my computer related to Civ V but they kept coming back.

Hi, when i play with EUI my mouse appears on a lower layer than all interfaces. Is there a way i can fix this?

Hi, when i play with EUI my mouse appears on a lower layer than all interfaces. Is there a way i can fix this?

I just dealt with this yesterday. You need to go into the settings for your graphics card and disable Stereoscopic 3D. It worked like a charm for me.

I just discovered this mod yesterday and I absolutely love it. I wish this had been part of the base game, the interface & lack of information was one of my big beefs with Civ5. This is a huge improvement, thank you so much for making this!

Hey guys,

Tried to do a search on this but haven't been able to find an answer as of yet. Everytime I hover over a building icon in the tech tree I get a tooltip error. Example of when I hover over the shrine icon:

http://imgur.com/Na4gIsy

Any clue what causes this? It's a fresh install with no mods enabled or even installed.

Thanks!

Darn, now the game keeps crashing. :(

I'm just using this and Acken's Minimalistic Balance. The first game I made it like 75 turns or so, but then I couldn't advance the turn without it crashing. I started a new game and I made it around 20 turns or so before it crashed. It crashes after I finish the turn.

Any ideas?

Darn, now the game keeps crashing. :(

I'm just using this and Acken's Minimalistic Balance. The first game I made it like 75 turns or so, but then I couldn't advance the turn without it crashing. I started a new game and I made it around 20 turns or so before it crashed. It crashes after I finish the turn.

Any ideas?

Sounds quite similar to the issue which I reported a while back.

Did you download the latest version of EUI?

Hi ya all :) Installed community balance patch just a few days ago and the only glich i've seen so far is city name not displaying or all of the city names on continent are on the same tile, on the middle of the sea for example, in a bundle. You must have given a fix somewhere on this forum cos its not that im the first who has it but i just cant find it anywhere and its making me crazy.Barbarian are roaming around my citys and I cant do a thing about it (city wise). So pleease, help!

Here it is - for EUI v.1.28.
Rename and copy to "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\UnitPanel\"

Attachments

• UnitPanel.lua.txt
    92.6 KB · Views: 141
Oh my god. 5 minutes after starting to use this mod and I am blown away.

Thank you SO MUCH for all your work into this. It is INCREDIBLE. I was going to post a couple of the features I really love, like when your border expands from culture it will tell you what new resource you may have gained access to! But now there is SO MUCH I LOVE -- I can't talk about it all.

Good lord almighty you have breathed new life into CiV.

GLORIOUS

btw I created an account here just to post this... cheers!

Just found this mod and love it. I have two errors I was wondering if anyone knew a solution for:

In the city screen when I hover buildings (either already built or in the queue list) it says "TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILT_IN_X_CITIES". When I hover over wonders I get "TXT_KEY_EUI_WONDER_BUILT_BY"

Thanks

Just found this mod and love it. I have two errors I was wondering if anyone knew a solution for:

In the city screen when I hover buildings (either already built or in the queue list) it says "TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILT_IN_X_CITIES". When I hover over wonders I get "TXT_KEY_EUI_WONDER_BUILT_BY"

Thanks
read the readme file delivered with the download ;)

I love this mod so much! It's awesome!

But, when I use it I get a missing texture error:

UnitAction64_DLC_03.dds

I searched the game directory on both my PC (steam install) and laptop (non-steam install) and couldn't find the file. It only happens when I use EUI :(

Do you have all DLCs? Is your version up-to-date? Any other mods?

Do you have all DLCs? Is your version up-to-date? Any other mods?

I have these DLCs installed:

• Civ and Scenario pack - Korea
  • Conquest of the new world deluxe scenario
  • Cradle of Civilization - Americas
  • Cradle of Civilization - Asia
  • Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean
  • Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia
  • Brave new world
  • Scrambled Continets Map pack
  • God and Kings
  • Civ and scenario pack - Mongols, Genghis Khan

I don't have the Babylon/Spain/Inca/ Polynesia/ Denmark/ explorer's map pack or wonders of the ancient world scenario pack.

Could you do me a favor and find where the file is located in your directory :D

Top Bottom