New Trade Route System Question

The international trade routes don't require roads, so I don't think the internal routes will. You just settled a city, it's far away and still has only 1 population, so you want to supply it food so it can grow faster. Having to build a road first would be quite unprofitable.

I didn't find any hard confirmation, but on PAX east demo video looks like you could trade with Ur while I don't see any road. So yes, let's assume you don't need roads for international trade. However, it was stated what internal and external trade routes are completely different.

On the other hand, if an internal trade route acts as a city connection, then it could (depending on how BNW changes it) yield gold and happiness. It would be quite useful.

I doubt it will work this way. Even if doesn't require connection, it's unlikely it serves as connection. I don;t see any evidences so far. Also, we could expect some hard changes here - they removed gold income from rivers to fuel the trade routes system, so they could do a lot with city connections as well.

Top Bottom