City limits

You might need to unzip this to your Conquests\Scenarios\MZDR\Art\ directory. It is just a couple of custom barb units I had added, which are preplaced on the map.

Attachments

• Units.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 262
Ah. Now all we need is a higher civilization limit.

I.e. beating Ozymandias' Jabberwocky.

I can confirm this. Looks like the game has problems loading maps with more than 600 preplaced cities, but you can still found cities manually in the game and it works.

I'm getting the problem too, now. It only happens (for me at least) when I use the editor to manually place the cities, and the limit is still a fair bit higher than 512. If I build the cities normally, I'm getting no such problem.

This is what I get for not reading the thread thoroughly before starting. I have been using Knuckles' editor to pre-place more than 512 cities, but when I try to load the game with the no-limit exe, it crashes. Alternately, if I use the normal Conquests.exe, it will load fine but only includes the first 512 cities created.

Has anyone found a way around this? This is a crippling problem for the game I'm working on, as even a 600-city limit will not cover what I need. In addition, is there an easy way to tell how many total cities are on the map, other then counting them by hand?

Even if you get around that, your AI will be unable to build more cities beyond 512, even with this patch. Only the human player can continue building. Threw a huge monkey wrench into my mod development too. :(

Even if you get around that, your AI will be unable to build more cities beyond 512, even with this patch. Only the human player can continue building. Threw a huge monkey wrench into my mod development too. :(

That won't be an issue, as there is no city-building available for this specific game. As for your woes, Gojira, I do recall seeing Knuckles say:

Im playing with them lol, we had 512 cities before update and 770+ atm and I have built just 30.

Which leads me to believe that it is possible for your game, it's just a question of how.

But I'm still pondering the 600 pre-placed city limit, and if there are other ways to quickly count cities on the map other than with my finger.

But I'm still pondering the 600 pre-placed city limit, and if there are other ways to quickly count cities on the map other than with my finger.

Just use CivAssistII , on the general tab, right mouse click over the "Rival Info" and export the data to an Excel sheet, then using the basic Sum function you got the number of cities in total, that´s how i do it anyway.

Maybe Mapstat can give this info right away, but i don´t use it, so i don´t know for sure.

Question: So is it possible to insert a shortcut of C3C in a scenario package to start with no city limits, no unit limits, no raze for both AI/players? I´m currently finishing a map/scenario that will have 31 civs, if each civ grows into its natural expansion zone, i´d say each will have some 20-30 cities each, thus 31*(20 or 30) = {(620;930)} or in average some 780-800 cities on map at all times from industrial age forward.

Is it also possible to creat a script file to force the player to run the C3C.exe process in "Real time priority" and to close all other apps open opening the game? this included in the scenario package of course...

That won't be an issue, as there is no city-building available for this specific game. As for your woes, Gojira, I do recall seeing Knuckles say:

Which leads me to believe that it is possible for your game, it's just a question of how.

The human player can keep building more cities, but the AI stops at 512. I've tried a number of configurations as have others with this problem in their mods - none seem to help. Still, I hope you are right :)

Use Stephs editor - there is a feature in there that gives you the city count.

Can someone post a quick tutorial on the install and how-to-use for this please?

Can someone post a quick tutorial on the install and how-to-use for this please?

They are just altered .exe files.

Just download the one you want and put it into your conquests folder. Then load civilization with the new .exe instead of the original.

Note, you do not need to delete the original conquests.exe file. You can have multiply .exe files in the same folder with different names and load civilization with any of them.

Just curious, has anyone tested on their own after my posts in May, regarding the AI's ability to continue building cities after 512? I've tested on a few maps now, even within the vanilla game, and same result.

Get an unmodded biq, change the palace to generate a settler every single turn. Change the size of one of the worlds to 362*362 with 31 civs, or import a large map of similar size. Start the game and play for 400 or so turns, then retire and watch. At some point, all civs except you will stop building cities.

I just want to know if this is something everyone is getting.... At this point I have completely rebuilt MZDR to use a modified 206*256 map from TETurkhan, but this issue continues to come up in other threads and conversations, and I am curious.

have not been able to say for sure that they don't build but beginning to look that way. Hope it proves to be wrong. Am replaying a mod to ck again ... if wasn't so lazy i'd creat a biq with 512+ settlers at the start spread over the civs and see what happens, restart a coupld times and see if ever go above limit #

YEEEEEHAWWWWWW!!!!!!! It works!!!!!! And so far no troubles. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Yes, I did!! I had gotten to a point where I could no long build any cities. I used the Civ3CE download from the first post and have built 4 more cities. I played only about half an hour, but I didn't see any problems.

Yes, we know the crack allows the HUMAN players to go past 512 cities. What I am asking you is if you tested to see if the AI-controlled civs can build more cities.

In my testing, I cannot. Nobody on this thread has said definitively if they have seen it.

If it works in some cases and not others, I would like to find out why. If it across the board only works for the Human player, then this crack is only useful for MP games, unless you prefer to cheat :)

My hope is that perhaps I have a mangled version or something. If someone can confirm the AI builds past 512, please post your save file and the version of the crack you are using, and I will test further with those.

Top Bottom