Need testers for new editor

Due to the time it takes to analyse everything, I've modifed it a bit.

The "check files" command is now performed only on the selected items.

So you could for instance make a new update of a scenario, add only British units, then set a filte to restrict the list to your British units, and then check the files only for them.

Useful if you have for instance 25 civs with 100-200 hundred units each :).

OMG Thank you Steph! Any chance for an ETA?
The next test version will be released for Christmas. It will be fully functionnal (but not fully tested!) for the Unit, General Settings, and Civilization advance pages. And perhaps one or two small ones more.

Superb work .. now if we could just mod the game code (dreams are so useful ... sometimes)

This editor is looking better and better all the time. I've been doing things the hard way all this time! This editor looks like it will make mod making a LOT easier! :woohoo::hatsoff:

I plan to include some documentation with the editor.

A first level is to include "tool tip" with each control (button, textbox, check box, etc).

A second level is to write a small text, possibly HMTL, that could be displayed on request when clicking on a control, to explain how it works. Here, it would be possible to include some pictures.

The help, whatever the form, should be correct and informative. So it could be an opportunity to include all the knowledge about the editor we have gathered so far (FUBAR, Da rules explained, etc).

I hereby request volunteers to make one step forward!

I need people who would write the text for this help.

I'll integrate them in the tool then.

A new page today: the natural resources.

I have also found a possible bug. If you want to play with the beta of the editor, I strongly suggest that you do not use custom map nor custom player for the moment.

If you delete an item that was used there (example: a unit that was available as bonus start unit for a player), the length of the file changes, and I've not reached that point yet. However, you can have a custom map or player data if you don't plan to delete units or advances.

YES! That will make it much easier to set up resources instead of having to flip back and fourth between the resource and terrain tab! :woohoo:

Top Bottom