New technology icons

OK, i really like the round top icons on the other post i made(not this one), but i am NOT liking at all any of the smaller icons for the tech tree, dont like the black dots at all, cant distinguish what is what tech, infact they look 3rd rate at the best, now this is MPO only. . .

Dont really care about that either . . :p

Hmm checked GenericButtonSizes.BUTTON_SIZE_CUSTOM problem and its look that we have a problem here because its looks its hardcoded, only few Button size is allowed
http://civ4bug.sourceforge.net/PythonAPI/Types/GenericButtonSizes.html

... but there is the way kill two birds with one stone.
Because we want use icons in DDS3 instead DDS1 and now all icons got 22MBs we can do this:

- bring back old tech icons back (in long run maybe Ill re-done few ones and Ill some graphic things to discriminate them from building icons)
- my new icons will be displayed only in tech splash screen, but in DDS1 (that big picture should have accetable quality in DDS1)

What do you think guys?

I am not having trouble with the bulbing icons - except the second still does not work correctly.

I only have trouble with the right hand icons in the tech box in that some are looking the same and they go over the line at the bottom!

The ones I have the biggest issue with are those on the left that define the tech. Would it be possible to increase the size of the box by 5 pixels by making the icon as big as the box but make it the start of the box? Ending up with a rounded box at the left.

Also the tech btn for the religious icons are missing the "prayer" hands also, i really really like when you added those kinds of items to the btns, infact the OLD btn look 10X better, again IMPO only . .

All in all, i like the OLD btns waaay better, IMPO

Hmm checked GenericButtonSizes.BUTTON_SIZE_CUSTOM problem and its look that we have a problem here because its looks its hardcoded, only few Button size is allowed
http://civ4bug.sourceforge.net/PythonAPI/Types/GenericButtonSizes.html

... but there is the way kill two birds with one stone.
Because we want use icons in DDS3 instead DDS1 and now all icons got 22MBs we can do this:

- bring back old tech icons back (in long run maybe Ill re-done few ones and Ill some graphic things to discriminate them from building icons)
- my new icons will be displayed only in tech splash screen, but in DDS1 (that big picture should have accetable quality in DDS1)

What do you think guys?
Do you need a new tag to define the filepath to the second image? I was going to suggest simply having two images as well. Then again... I'm uncertain its necessary but I don't know.

Do you need a new tag to define the filepath to the second image? I was going to suggest simply having two images as well. Then again... I'm uncertain its necessary but I don't know.

I think I manage with this task. If not - Ill ask for your help. Thanks TB :)

I personally have no problems with the new icons being round. Sort of remind me of Colonization icons. And if the new icons save/reduce Mod's overall size that's a definite Plus.

JosEPh :)

Saw the circular tech icons in game last night. I actually like them, even when small. But then that was probably after they'd been upgraded to dds2.

Saw the circular tech icons in game last night. I actually like them, even when small. But then that was probably after they'd been upgraded to dds2.

I like the idea of circular icons and maybe in near future I use this shape and re-done old icons to circle one. And maybe re-done some icons which looks like placeholders (like battlefield medicine for example).

Now they stick what they are and im starting working on splash screen with icon.

Top Bottom