New Version - 3.6.2 (May 27, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Hey all,

New version inbound. All proposals from the fourth session of the VP Congress are now implemented, including the accursed espionage rework proposals (which I thankfully didn't screw up with a third time :crazyeye:).

Also contains some useful UI improvements from Enginseer, tactical AI adjustments from ilteroi, and several bugfixes, including multiplayer desync fixes from seroperson and a fix for the "Route To" issue from KungCheops.

Changelog:
Code:
Domination Victory
- If a City-State owns an original capital and their ally is a vassal, that capital is counted towards the ally's Master

Tactical AI Search Depth
- (unchanged) It functions like a chess engine - it simulates different moves and tries to score the outcome
- Definition of a "completed position" has been made more lenient
- The maximum number of positions before the AI stops searching is customizable in DifficultyMod.xml
    A higher search depth increases tactical AI intelligence, but reduces game performance
- With a limit of 200 maximum positions, the AI will choose a suboptimal move (according to its evaluation) about 11.3% of the time
- At 2000 maximum positions, a suboptimal move (according to its evaluation) is chosen about 1.3% of the time
- The maximum number of positions the AI will evaluates now varies based on difficulty level, as follows:
    Settler: 100 (min. supported value)
    Chieftain: 200
    Warlord: 300
    Prince: 500
    King: 1000
    Emperor: 2000
    Immortal: 4000
    Deity: 8000
    Max. Supported Value: 16000

Diplomacy AI
- Set Chattiness flavor to 4 for all leaders in Community Patch only to match VP (reduces message spam)
- AI leaders who have unlocked Artistry are now more aggressive & less friendly to players spamming World Wonders
- Rome AI a bit more likely to conquer City-States

Espionage
  Spy Mission Duration Rework
  - Base Mission Duration is based on Mission Type and Game Speed
    - Mission duration reduced for higher-level spies: -10% for Level 2 Spies, -25% for Level 3 Spies
    - Mission duration reduced by an additional 10% for England
    - Some Buildings, Wonders and Policies change mission durations by a fixed number of turns (see below)

Siphon Missions Rework
    - Siphon Missions no longer result in an instant yield, but in a fixed amount of yields stolen per turn for a certain time
    - No longer necessary to keep spending all one's gold to prevent it from being stolen
    - Amount stolen per turn is based on city yield per turn while the spy was in the city
    - Number of turns for which yields are stolen is the Base Spy Mission duration
    - Yields are stolen from the Global Pool and added to the Global Pool of the Spy Owner
    - In the Espionage Overview, a new Tab "Spy Events" shows all active Siphon Events

Changes to Counterspies
    - When a Counterspy kills an Enemy Spy, the Mission does not come into effect (no gold, technology etc. stolen)
    - Spy Kill Chance reduced by 10% for each Level the attacking Spy is above the first level
    - Level requirements for Counterspy Missions removed

Added Spy Mission Duration Modifiers to Buildings, Policies and Wonders
    Buildings and Wonders
      Constabulary
      - Increases mission duration by 1 turn in the City for Enemy Spies.

Police Station:
      - Increases mission duration by 1 turn in the City for Enemy Spies.

National Intelligence Agency:
      - Decreases mission duration by 1 turn for Friendly Spies.
      - Increases mission duration by 2 turns in the City for Enemy Spies.

Bletchley Park:
      - Decreases mission duration by 2 turns for Friendly Spies.
      - Increases mission duration by 2 turns in all Cities for Enemy Spies.

Policies
      Foreign Service (Patronage):

Shadow Networks (Patronage):

Empiricism (Rationalism):

Ideology Tenets
      Covert Action (Freedom):
      - Decreases mission duration by 2 turns for Friendly Spies.

Double Agents (Order):
      - Increases mission duration by 1 turn in all Cities for Enemy Spies.

Police State (Autocracy):

UI
- Victory Progress UI is now accurate and much more informative about progress towards Domination Victory (thanks Enginseer!)
    Added unique text/icons for City-States and Vassals owning capitals and contributing them to their Master/Ally/Ally's Master
    Added unique text/icon for City-States with no ally owning a capital as well
    Now compatible with VICTORY_DOMINATION_CONTROL_PERCENT define (which modifies the % of original capitals needed for Domination Victory)
- Fixed the size of Strategic Resource icons on the Top Panel so they don't overlap with other icons
- Text improvements
- UI now shows total Gold for other leaders, even without a DoF

Bugfixes
- Several desync fixes for multiplayer
- Fixed "Route To" worker option behaving incorrectly
- Fixed a bug where yields from Pagodas were counted twice
- Fixed Hermitage's national population requirement missing
- Fixed coup notifications and Espionage Screen revealing the Ally of a City-State if the player hasn't met them yet

Link: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Commu...s/download/Release-3.6.2/Vox.Populi.3.6.2.exe

Online as of 4:16 AM CST. Not savegame compatible.

---
Version 3.6.1 released. Link above has been updated.

Changelog:
Code:
- Fixed AI Workers & Great People not doing anything
- Fixed several broken LUA calls for yields from espionage
- Fixed turn 0 multiplayer desync during map generation if certain civs are ingame
- Made Strategic Resource icons on the top panel a bit bigger with smoother edges, removed empty spaces
- Fixed "Cannot Attack In Ocean" promotion always showing up in Civilopedia entries for units

Online as of 5:54 PM CST on May 25. Should be savegame compatible with 3.6 versions.

---
Version 3.6.2 released. Link above has been updated.

Changelog:
Code:
- Buildings that are CapitalOnly ignore Count in Policy_FreeBuilding table
- Updated Austria's Diplomatic Marriage tooltips (Influence no longer decays -> +200 resting Influence)
- Removed Gurukulam bonus to Production, Faith, Science, Food that was erroneously carried over from Veneration
- Fixed an EUI bug
- Trade Screen addition: Happiness icon is now shown next to buyable resources that would trigger WLTKD
- Trade Screen addition: Netherlands now has a checkbox icon next to buyable resources they're already getting a yield bonus from
- ICON_CARAVAN and ICON_CARGO_SHIP can now be used in text keys; added to Portugal UA description

Online as of 2:49 AM CST on May 27. Should be savegame compatible with 3.6 versions, although the Gurukulam fix might not be.

Last edited:
- With a limit of 200 maximum positions, the AI will choose a suboptimal move (according to its evaluation) about 11.3% of the time - At 2000 maximum positions, a suboptimal move (according to its evaluation) is chosen about 1.3% of the time
Do you have a plot of optional moves ratio to maximum positions? I expect it to be similar to hyperbolic tangent.

@Recursive
Any chance to have the AI strategics trade fixed in the future? AI doesn't value strategic resources adequately, especially past Ancient Era. They sell and buy them waaay too cheap.
Any chance to apply similar fixes to strategics trade that was applied to AI luxury trade? AI now values luxuries pretty realistically according to its needs, sometimes probably even over-values them.
This is probably the only aspect of the game that isn't working properly, imho.
And thanks for your team's work.

Unfortunately I made an error when copying some of the espionage UI changes from the non-EUI to the EUI version, sorry for that. Thanks to @N.Core for pointing it out and fixing it!

If you play the EUI version, please replace the file "(3a) EUI Compatibility Files/ImprovedTopPanel/TopPanel.lua" with the attached file until the next hotfix is released.

Attachments

• TopPanel.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 65
Anyone observes AI not building improvements?
Turn 200+, AI seems to be paralysed and doesn't build tile improvements at all, his great persons are immobile in his capital along with the workers.

20230525003219_1.jpg

20230525003444_1.jpg

Anyone observes AI not building improvements?
Turn 200+, AI seems to be paralysed and doesn't build tile improvements at all, his great persons are immobile in his capital along with the workers.
Actually, yes. I'm realizing this also explains why I can't trade luxury resources with the AI; they haven't developed any (except whales; perhaps work boats are being properly utilized?)

So on a new 3.6 game and was over (13/12) my suply cap when i finished Authority tree and i was expecting my capital (11 pop) to get a free unit but it didnt. First time ever to see this.
Bug? If it matters i was trying Ireland(Brian Boru).

Actually, yes. I'm realizing this also explains why I can't trade luxury resources with the AI; they haven't developed any (except whales; perhaps work boats are being properly utilized?)
I can also add that this is happening in my game, explains why Brazil doesn't have their Brazilwood monopoly

So on a new 3.6 game and was over (13/12) my suply cap when i finished Authority tree and i was expecting my capital (11 pop) to get a free unit but it didnt. First time ever to see this.
yeah it does matter, modmods and new releases can often throw up unexpected interactions

So i deleted a single unit to be at the supply (12/12) cap and i sure got the free unit in my capital. So there is that, definitely something to be looked at.
Those Authority policy units are supposed to be free and they are cause they dont add to your supply cap.

@Recursive could you hazard a guess whether whatever will fix the AI workers not building improvements and expending great people will be save game incompatible?
They're usually fast despite this being free time/unpaid work.
Saamohod did whats needed, he posted the bug on github.

Had the exact same issue a year ago. Honor doesn't seem to work if you're already over the supply cap when you take it.

They're usually fast despite this being free time/unpaid work.
Saamohod did whats needed, he posted the bug on github.
I'm sorry you perceived me as demanding. I don't know what causes savegame incompatibility outside of SQL changes can trigger it and I wanted to know if Rec had any inkling of where the bug might reside to provide a heads up.
And looking at the github thread I am out of my depth to ascertain if its a savegame breaker.

I am playing with one of the previous version, but I didn't see it in bugfixes. I conquered an AI city with 2 WW: Falun Mine and Great Wall, then I can see Falun Mine in list of of my Wonders, but Great Wall is still in list of AI Wonders, and my units still lose all movement points crossing border. I'm in Atomic era and opponent in Industrial, so we both have Gunpowder tech.

I am playing with one of the previous version, but I didn't see it in bugfixes. I conquered an AI city with 2 WW: Falun Mine and Great Wall, then I can see Falun Mine in list of of my Wonders, but Great Wall is still in list of AI Wonders, and my units still lose all movement points crossing border. I'm in Atomic era and opponent in Industrial, so we both have Gunpowder tech.
GW still showing as original owner have been a glitch for a long time, however if you conquered the wonder you should have removed the 0 move on border cross.

Version 3.6.1 released. Link in OP has been updated.

Changelog:
Code:
- Fixed AI Workers & Great People not doing anything
- Fixed several broken LUA calls for yields from espionage
- Fixed turn 0 multiplayer desync during map generation if certain civs are ingame
- Made Strategic Resource icons on the top panel a bit bigger with smoother edges, removed empty spaces
- Fixed "Cannot Attack In Ocean" promotion always showing up in Civilopedia entries for units

Online as of 5:54 PM CST. Should be savegame compatible with 3.6 versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom