New Version - 3.6.2 (May 27, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Implementation details:
There's no need for a cap on number of religions.
You can set number of religions in the Worlds table again.
If unset (= NULL), number of religions = number of players / 2 + 1
If number of religions > 11, allow picking duplicate beliefs. Each belief can be picked X times where X = (number of civs / number of belief choices of that type) rounded up.

Yep, there's a hardcoded cap, please remove it or change it to a Define value.
1687143586892.png

Implementation details:
There's no need for a cap on number of religions.
You can set number of religions in the Worlds table again.
If unset (= NULL), number of religions = number of players / 2 + 1
If number of religions > 11, allow picking duplicate beliefs. Each belief can be picked X times where X = (number of civs / number of belief choices of that type) rounded up.
I rather still have the cap, but not hardcoded like this. What if you play with 22 civs, but you only want 9 religions in the game? With the current calculation, you can have 12 religions in the game. It's even worse on 43 civs game where you could have 22 religions in the game.

What if you play with 22 civs, but you only want 9 religions in the game?
You set MaxActiveReligions to 9 in the respective Worlds entry.

I've been away from this mod for so long...
So, someone please help...
I've forgotten what I need to do to update. Is it just installing version 3.6.2 - or is there something else I need to install to fully update the mod?

Just download the link in the first post, it's an exe which install the mod for you.
Since it is a mod, make sure you activate it in game when you start the game.

Just download the link in the first post, it's an exe which install the mod for you.
Since it is a mod, make sure you activate it in game when you start the game.
Thank you so much...
I thought so, but I wasn't sure.

Sorry, but I just realized that what I meant by "update" was in fact, "fully update."

At some point, there were 9 sub-mods that were attached to this mod & necessary to install & "fully" update this mod. Have they all been incorporated into the mod, or are there still some mods that I need to install along with this?

Last edited:
All the mod that were part of the initial "package" are still included in it. Some of them have been merged, so they are no longer required. Basically, all mods starting with (1a) or something like this are part of the base. Any additional mod must be installed/updated independently.
To be clear : simply using the installer is enough to get the base VP working.

Yep, there's a hardcoded cap, please remove it or change it to a Define value.
View attachment 665117
thank you por answering, but i did get confuse with all the information, so
what do i need to do to increase de number of religions? right now it only appears the option of 8 religions in huge maps

Got stuck and cant end turn, never had this happen, is there a known cause or a way to force end turn?

Got stuck and cant end turn, never had this happen, is there a known cause or a way to force end turn?

Probably it's caused by a unit waiting for orders, and for some reason there's no visibility on the tile of the unit (seems to happen mostly with automated ships that are exploring). You can try to find the unit and then you can use IGE to place and immediately delete another unit next to it to get the visibility back.

If you have a save game of the turn before, please upload it on github. The bug has been reported several times, but always with save games from the current turn, which are of no use because the error happened earlier.

Does Ctrl + Enter help?
No.
Probably it's caused by a unit waiting for orders, and for some reason there's no visibility on the tile of the unit (seems to happen mostly with automated ships that are exploring). You can try to find the unit and then you can use IGE to place and immediately delete another unit next to it to get the visibility back.

If you have a save game of the turn before, please upload it on github. The bug has been reported several times, but always with save games from the current turn, which are of no use because the error happened earlier.
I went through my workers, I have a few caravels on auto, will have a look.

It was an invisible caravel after a few tries I managed to turn off the auto explore and get next turn it was still invis and impossible to move so I sold it.

Moderator Action: Thread closed due to new release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom