Omg T-T Please help with this

Cissnei

Warlord
I play on Huge map with 22 civilization. Around turn 260 my game ran out of great works of writing and great works of art ~_~ And i have only filled 10 slots ~_~ I Can't trade other civilization's work for artifacts, I can only trade it for other great works. Is it normal? What can I do?

you used up all the writers and artists, you have entered the era of perpetual reboots and spin-offs. . . .rough times.

The huge map is not designed to be played with 22 civs on it. The developers cannot be expected to anticipate every possible mod.

You'll need to go to war to steal the works and ship them back home. Play with less civs next time?

The huge map is not designed to be played with 22 civs on it. The developers cannot be expected to anticipate every possible mod.
What mod? It is max available number of civilizations. So everything should be designed around that number.
I will invade England and burn their cities and steal work ~_~ I want more writing works and paintings

Stop playing with 10 more Civs than what the game is balanced for on Huge maps. Problem solved.

It was explained at the beginning. There is no "help," if the game runs out of great artists, it runs out. You can't simply build more. I'd consider it either a design flaw or a bug, but there's no way around it. If you want great works, conquer some civs and steal their great works.

I will probably invade England but it's stupid. I play culture civilization

Invading countries and stealing their cultural artifacts is something the cultural powers of our time did. :p

It is sad there is a limited number of great works.

Maybe a mod could be designed to address this which would scale up the amount of available great works if you play with more civs.

Encountered this playing my Earth map...the fact that you run out of Great Works that can be manufactured by your artists, writers and musicians is made up by the fact that a huge map will have TONS of archaeological sites on it.

Switch your focus to looting with your archaeologists and stealing other civilizations Great Works, while using your artists, writers and musicians for golden ages, political treatises and concert tours respectively.

It happens on standard maps with standard settings, and in almost every game. 12 civs or fewer, it still happens.

I agree they can't be expected to anticipate all settings, but they should have done a better job ensuring they had enough for any standard game that lasts past the 19th Century or so.

Encountered this playing my Earth map...the fact that you run out of Great Works that can be manufactured by your artists, writers and musicians is made up by the fact that a huge map will have TONS of archaeological sites on it.

Archaeological sites are defined by camps and ruins in the absence of war - there will be more on Huge maps, but not to that degree (usually I get about 30 and as many hidden sites) unless someone's been aggressive earlier in the game.

Artifacts also don't help with musicians particularly, whose works mostly fit in late-game Wonders and Broadcast Towers at a time when Great Works of Music tend to run out.

Hopefully they'll add more Works in patches.

Sigh it is saddening. Because I like to play immersive I hoped to make great capital (Seoul) with alot of great works and culture. And now I will have to invade to have more

It happens on standard maps with standard settings, and in almost every game. 12 civs or fewer, it still happens.
I have never seen it happen with standard settings. Even if every civ were going for culture and hoarding great works as rapidly as possible (extremely unlikely), that would leave about 26 great works per civ with standard settings. The game is usually over by this point.

Of course, it would be great if they added more. But I think 210 was a fair starting number.

Top Bottom