Brave New World OST - Leaders

Mawtini for Assyria?

I suggested this in Polish Civ thread.

Let's hope they use one of these hymns instead of the current Polish national anthem for Poland/Casimir's theme.
The anthem is not bad but wouldn't fit Casimir's time period like the hymns would.
They did use the current Swedish national anthem for Gustavus Adolphus' themes though...:(

As for Ashurbanipal's themes, I'm guessing they would use a Hurrian hymn like they did for Dido's (Hymn to Nikkal) and Nebuchadnezzar's (A Zaluzi to the Gods). The Hurrian hymns are pretty much the only extant pieces of music from that time period.

Brazil war song should be represented by this "don't mess with Brazil" theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UnVmG-DDhY

It starts with Native Indian and African chanting. Later, European patterns blends with everything melodically, rhythmically and counterpointically.

Shame, Villa-Lobos rights are hard to deal with.

Additionally, Brazilian national anthem is nice to work on. This fantasia based on the anthem, composed by an American Brazilian immigrant named Gottschalk is very famous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEa0kAGLcE8

Naturally, both pieces are not contemporary to Pedro II. If we're looking for contemporaries, Carlos Gomes was Pedro II's protégé, in similar ways to Wagner's relationship with the Bavarian King Ludwig II, der Märchenkönig.

I'm on ambien so I wish my reply is ok.

a few soundtracks for Brazil -

The national anthem of U GIB MONI
the famous BR? HUEHUEHUE
or maybe even the I REPORT U

joking aside, it will probably be Samba of some sort.

Perhaps for Brazil, Fuego De Passion?

Or that is probably too Spanish focused actually.....

Yeah, I'd like to listen to something in Zulu language! The Bantu-rooted phonetics are beautiful. We already know Baba Yetu, whose charming Swahili lyrics made quite an impression. What if it's now time for another Bantu song, now in Zulu? :D

I always wanted the Rosemary to be the Polish theme. It was the first thing popped in my mind when I realised that Poland is not yet in the game. It totally fits. It is quite sad, it is soldier's song and it perfectly creates an image of harsh life in a country fighting all fronts. The song tells a story of Ulhan, a cavalryman, for me that seals the deal! Here is a version with much better vocal, I love their accent!

Bogurodzica fits Cassimir and his leader screen the most, no question about that. However I personally dislike the song, and overall Rosemary fits Polish nation much more.

If you ask me which one they will actually add... Most likely Bogurodzica.

I have been waiting for awhile to actually say this >_<, somewhere deep, deep in my heart I have microscopic hope for this.

Samba is far over-estimated as a brazilian music style. There are lot of different sorts of music here, more adequate for a serious game. Bossa, Chorinho, and even classicals from Castro Alves and Heitor Villa Lobos that will feat best. Thinking only in samba for Brazil is the same choise as thinking only polka for germans and Elvis Presley for the USA.

Yeah, I'd like to listen to something in Zulu language! The Bantu-rooted phonetics are beautiful. We already know Baba Yetu, whose charming Swahili lyrics made quite an impression. What if it's now time for another Bantu song, now in Zulu? :D

I couldn't name a specific piece, but songs of the type heard in the wedding scene in the film Zulu would certainly be a very natural fit.

Eru Ilúvatar;12352200 said:
Samba is far over-estimated as a brazilian music style. There are lot of different sorts of music here, more adequate for a serious game. Bossa, Chorinho, and even classicals from Castro Alves and Heitor Villa Lobos that will feat best. Thinking only in samba for Brazil is the same choise as thinking only polka for germans and Elvis Presley for the USA.

Just a minor correction: you have mistaken Carlos Gomes for Castro Alves.

Top Bottom