Brave New World OST - Leaders

I'm really looking foward to hearing the new leader themes - it makes me sad that the footage released so far simply re-uses existing ones...

Maybe, when they update the official site to have video clips of the new leaders (as they did with the G+K site after all the new civs were revealed) 2k could add some short extracts from some of the new music that we could listen to?

I'm really curious what they do with the Zulus - but, most of all, I'm looking for to Portugal's themes!! :D

In Civ4, Portugal had one of the best, if not THE best, theme. So the bar is set really high! :lol:
And, really, if they're going to choose a theme for Portugal, then it simply MUST be Fado, no two ways around it! I really hope Michael Curran and Geoff Knorr can deliver this, and I trust they can! :)

For Maria could be something beautifully crazy and portuguese like this :

Link to video.

but also brazil and portugal have similar music, like forró and samba from portuguese heritage.

a few soundtracks for Brazil -

The national anthem of U GIB MONI
the famous BR? HUEHUEHUE
or maybe even the I REPORT U

joking aside, it will probably be Samba of some sort.

I'm loving the League of Legends reference. :rotfl:

But bossa nova es #1 HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE.

I believe that the tradition in Civ 5 is to base both the peace theme and the war theme on the same music piece. For example, both Germany's peace and war themes are based on "Ode to Joy." So, sadly, we will not be able to have two different songs as the basis for the peace and war themes.

On the plus side, it's pretty amazing how, in the case of the war themes, they manage to twist something peaceful and/or playful into something epic and intimidating (and epically intimidating). Such as Russia's war theme, based on Prokofiev's Montagues and Capulets, and the awesome French war theme, based on the cancan (!) :crazyeye:

I can only imagine what bossa nova-themed war music for Brazil would sound like. We can call it...combat bossa nova. :rotfl:

@nunor: That's beautiful. Hearing that piece would make me feel pleased to be playing Morocco. :)

Morroco and Indonesia was confirmated! Any idea for Gajah Mada and Ahmad al-Mansur themes?

For Gajah Mada, it would surprise me if they had anything other than a song involving the Javanese gamelan

Here is a basic example of the core of the instrument:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwjXwEO8_NU

I listen to a lot of American hip-hop, you hear gamelan a lot of the time in it:

Here is an example or two:

Zion I - "Leader"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KelQ-MMUVdw

Logic - "Used to Hate It"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPY4BD8IzI

But yeah, as for potential songs for the leader screen, I have no idea

For Gajah Mada, it would surprise me if they had anything other than a song involving the Javanese gamelan

Then again the leader music in Civ 5 (in something of a contrast to Civ 4) has been generally Western-style orchestral in style and instrumentation, with non-Western elements occasionally thrown in, but not always.

Then again the leader music in Civ 5 (in something of a contrast to Civ 4) has been generally Western-style orchestral in style and instrumentation, with non-Western elements occasionally thrown in, but not always.

Is because, in addition to being Western composers, they hire only the Prague Philharmonic (think it's philarmonic ...). Recruit other groups simultaneously, for example, those that are playing at the videos in this thread, and the Brasilian' Olodum (Would amazing a Pedro's II war theme with they...) would be very expensive.

I would think that the gamelan will be included in some form backed by western orchestration. If i am not wrong, the Japanese piece was accompanied by a koto, the Swedish by a Nyckelharpa, the Arabic piece by an oud. Rather authentic instruments for the different Civilisations.

At worst, i'll get my Indonesian friends to play some gamelan and send their music to 2kgames :D

Is because, in addition to being Western composers, they hire only the Prague Philharmonic (think it's philarmonic ...). Recruit other groups simultaneously, for example, those that are playing at the videos in this thread, and the Brasilian' Olodum (Would amazing a Pedro's II war theme with they...) would be very expensive.

Yeah, that's true. Although it wouldn't have hurt to use a composer with more experience composing stuff that integrated non-Western elements more (for instance, Jeff van Dyck has in my opinion always done a decent job in integrating Western and non-Western elements in the Total War series - someone like that).

Top Bottom