Neoteric World

Sadly, i think the support for Neoteric is dead. Such a shame, it was/is a great mod. The newer, more popular mods like Rise of Man or Caveman to Cosmos are just WAAAAY too big imho. Neoteric was such a great balance of new features with the simple joy of playing Civ4.

Plus i bet a lot of people have migrated over to CivV by now.

Just downloaded this again myself, old games are the best :) Civ5 still sucks!

PS it works fine. no update needed. this is a final version (if you use patch)

Spoiler :
Sadly, i think the support for Neoteric is dead. Such a shame, it was/is a great mod. The newer, more popular mods like Rise of Man or Caveman to Cosmos are just WAAAAY too big imho. Neoteric was such a great balance of new features with the simple joy of playing Civ4.

Plus i bet a lot of people have migrated over to CivV by now.
...There are plenty of people who still play Civ4.

Spoiler :

...lol are you not the creator of this mod, why would you need to download :confused: , but ya I prefer 4 over 5, but for me they are like Baseball to cricket. Similar yet completely different, both have there good points. :coffee:

that's funny. Some V troll, slagging one of the best games ever made.
CIV5 isn't even playable from what I can remember about it. CIV4 will
still be around when CIV6 is a long distant memory. CIV4 isn't perfect
but it is very adaptable and has so many modifiable features that can
still be played in multi or single player. Most important, CIV4 is fun; V
was rhe opposite of fun when I tried it.

that's funny. Some V troll, slagging one of the best games ever made.
CIV5 isn't even playable from what I can remember about it. CIV4 will
still be around when CIV6 is a long distant memory. CIV4 isn't perfect
but it is very adaptable and has so many modifiable features that can
still be played in multi or single player. Most important, CIV4 is fun; V
was rhe opposite of fun when I tried it.

I personally love Civ4, for me it's the better of the two. I also enjoy modded games of Civ4, that for me is where it shines. Any game that I still own for 10 + yrs is either long gone, in a box(even my original copy of Civ4). None of those games nearly get the same attention...on average I must play it at least 1-2 hours a day.

wasn't refering to your post. justinian66 at the top of the page.

So have any of the mods used in Neoteric been updated since the final version ;)

Peter

Hey I love this mod!

Now I have a question, if I wanted to mod in more civs, is there anything I should know ahead of time that could give me trouble?

Thanks!!

Hey I love this mod!

Now I have a question, if I wanted to mod in more civs, is there anything I should know ahead of time that could give me trouble?

Thanks!!

There would be a number of files that would need to be edited. Its been so long since i put this together i could not tell you the exact ones. However if you search this websites database and download a module civilisation, the files contained in this will need to be opened, cut the code and paste it into the equivalent file of neoteric world. Its basically a copy and paste job, not too difficult. The civiliation module may even just be needed to be placed inside neoteric world module folder (check my read me guide included in the download). Remember if any errors occur, it could be because extra tags have been added to neoteric world units, leaders, civiliations, buildings etc that will need to be added to any new code pasted into it ( a good way to check is to look at other unita, buildings, civs etc and see if any difference in the block text). Hit me up with a priv message if in trouble.

Hmmmmm maybe a revamp update with the updated mods and some new civs???? maybe? maybe allow us to change the intro to the original so I can hear Baba Yetu???

Hi there,

I found that mod some time ago and I find it amazing but I wanted to add one or two mods I'm used to play with, is there any way to get the dll sources so I can add them ?

thanks for the answer and for the mod

Could always try my mod. Its not as close to orginal BTS as Neoteric World, but its also not as big as C2C or Rise of Mankind either.

Helps if you put a link in your sig for Quot Capita there, SOG :mischief:

I haven't found any ( love Earth maps :)), pretty much everything is custom.

All Hail Neoteric Mod! First of his name, King of the Modern Techs, and Protector of True Civilization and not that water downed BS Civilization 5!

Let's do an update dude. We can hive mind ideas and issues that we have come across. I don't have the prowess in modding like you do, you are our only help BobeBrown.

All Hail Neoteric Mod! First of his name, King of the Modern Techs, and Protector of True Civilization and not that water downed BS Civilization 5!

Let's do an update dude. We can hive mind ideas and issues that we have come across. I don't have the prowess in modding like you do, you are our only help BobeBrown.

He hasn't logged on CFC in nearly a year, Gregg :p

Top Bottom