Emperor Challenge XXX: Man vs Food

The three pop from urbanization cost no happy? Or you mean you can rush a circus and coliseum? Anyway, I found civil society and democracy the best policies for this when going for several large cities as opposed to one absurd city.

Best course of action with rush buy is to always rush buy food and growth buildings I think. For this kind of population challenge. What is required is fast medical labs. Maybe even aztec would ve strong for this challenge with their watermill food bonus.

Yes I'm late to the party, and yes I cheated quite a bit, but out of curiosity/boredom I decided to see what a single city with a population of 1 billion would look like.

The result:

Spoiler :

So there you go, a mere 139 pop in one city gets you a population of 1 billion people. No problem in a real game, right? Kinda curious/still bored enough to see just how big Madrid can get, will update if I press next turn enough to find out.

Yes, every single workable tile is Lake Victoria. The food just won't run out; 2 billion pop at 178 citizens and I'm still sitting on 238.95 food. :twitch:

So there you go, a mere 139 pop in one city gets you a population of 1 billion people. No problem in a real game, right? Kinda curious/still bored enough to see just how big Madrid can get, will update if I press next turn enough to find out.

Well this means that it is doable with Venice. Easily.

I was playing Venice on Deity and had over 50 pop capital with extra 100 food when I won space victory. The year was about 1900. And most of my trade routes were bringing production. So I was not even trying to do anything extraordinary. Venice can have 22 sea trade routes bringing food to capital (if you have both wonders that give you extra trade route). Each trade route can bring 13 food in the last era. Order policy Iron Curtain would give extra 50%.

So you could get 428 food from trade routes alone!

Top Bottom