RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

Friendly local Ukrainian endorses Yulia as leader for a modern Ukraine civ.

Azov Battalion? Kinda not cool.

What about the Ukrainian T-84 OPLOT-M? Make it a Modern Armor with an extra move and bonus strength vs. Armor?

Problem is the same as with the Mobile Infantry replacement: Who the hell even gets to the point in the game where he can actually build a Modern Armour? (INB4 BouncyMischa).

Ooh, I did totally forget about the T-84. I suppose if Our World's Israel could get away with a Modern Armor UU, then Modern Ukraine definitely could. I like that I'm starting to get a solid design put together now.

Ukraine (Tymoshenko)
Start Bias: Grasslands
Capital: :c5capital: Kiev
UA: Orange Revolution
Local sources of Bonus Resources provide +1 Gold and +1 Food to both cities in international Trade Routes. For each different civilization Ukraine has a Trade Route with, both Ukraine and their partner receive +1 Delegate in the World Congress.
UU: Oplot-M (Replaces Modern Armor)
Unique Modern Armor for Tymoshenko's Ukraine. Can move faster than the unit it replaces, and has a combat bonus against other Armor units. Gains a further combat bonus when in the territory of a civilization occupying a city originally founded by Ukraine.
UB: Maidan (Replaces Stock Exchange [or Bank?])
In addition to the normal benefits of the Stock Exchange it replaces, the Maidan contains a slot for a Great Work of Art that when filled, _________.

I feel like a REALLY late-game UB that also requires a Bank and a Market has to have some sort of interesting effect attached to the Great Work slot, but I can't think of anything. Maybe something to do with trade routes to further improve the cyclism? And as for the second part of that UA, I wanted to include some sort of diplomatic bonus to represent Euromaidan, but I just wasn't sure what or how. Something with city-states wouldn't really work because in a Civ 5 sense, Ukraine would BE the city-state in that situation. And I didn't want to rip off Novgorod with some sort of actual relationship bonus, so that really only left the World Congress. Fun fact: that design was actually my original idea for the World Trade Center wonder's effect way back when I made that mod, but I couldn't implement it due to a lack of lua. But if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions for anything, let me know. This mod will still be quite a ways off, unless someone else wants to actually make it and only have me onboard to assist.

Israel's using a Tank replacement, dude.

I also play as long as Modern Armor :(

Another alternative: Airmobile (replacing the Paratrooper) - receives less damage from attacks from cities and units inside cities (based on the 95th Airmobile Brigade, which took part in the longest siege in history)

The problem is not that Modern Armor comes too late to be played with, but that it's mostly inconsequential: the game will have already been decided by the point it comes, so if at most it'll jsut make you finish it quicker.

Problem is the same as with the Mobile Infantry replacement: Who the hell even gets to the point in the game where he can actually build a Modern Armour? (INB4 BouncyMischa).

Hey! :p

In all fairness, the first modded civ I played had a Mech Inf replacement, and I have fond memories of rampaging over the world in the Information Era with Stealth Bombers and GDRs, years before I made Future Worlds.

Personally, I don't mind seeing late-game UUs -- I don't know what the usual pace is for determined Domination efforts, but I'm not sure if many of them last past the Industrial, so if you're going to argue that people shouldn't make civs with UUs that late in the game, you might as well argue against all the WWII civs too. :p

Hey! :p

In all fairness, the first modded civ I played had a Mech Inf replacement, and I have fond memories of rampaging over the world in the Information Era with Stealth Bombers and GDRs, years before I made Future Worlds.

Personally, I don't mind seeing late-game UUs -- I don't know what the usual pace is for determined Domination efforts, but I'm not sure if many of them last past the Industrial, so if you're going to argue that people shouldn't make civs with UUs that late in the game, you might as well argue against all the WWII civs too. :p

I once won a China game before industrial - does that help? :p

If you are going for a late game UU, at least Modern Armour is one of the more useful units. Perhaps it could also have some kind of passive ability?

Isn't Maidan a single place in Kiev? the main square?

Isn't Maidan a single place in Kiev? the main square?

The one in Kyiv is Maidan Nezalezhnosti. Maidan really just means "central square" for cities, but in Ukraine they have malls and other stuff under/around it.

Welp, sorry then.

*imperiously stares*

Oh no. Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, and Putin are one thing, due to historical relevance and similarly pending historical relevance respectively; but ISIS, your Modjesty? I wouldn't believe it. Surely you can't be serious.

Anyways, I had a couple ideas to solve the Oplot conundrum, even if Ukraine is still a looong ways away from being possibly made.

Option 1: Oplot just replaces Tank instead of Modern Armor. Maybe no movement bonus (or else, some sort of Movement bonus in owned territory + occupied territory you founded) to avoid overlap with Panzer.

Option 2: Oplot replaces Tank AND Modern Armor, as the "Oplot" and "Oplot-M", respectively. Instead of requiring Lasers, some other action could be done to make the Modern upgrade available. Not sure what, though. Ideally something that couldn't be done before Combined Arms/upgrading a unit into an Oplot (like reaching level X).

Option 3: Go with some other UU instead of the Oplot. Airmobile might work alright, or just go back to the Azov Battalion for maximum edge.

Comes out in October, right? Probably Yucatan and the Texas update. Maybe the California update. I actually got a job, and while it is technically part-time, it's still a big change and taking up even more of my schedule, and I've been choosing to spend even more of my free time on playing Overwatch and LISA and other games and such. I also might have found myself a patriotic Texan darling, which is all the more reason to get Texas done soon (it's BEEN done for the longest time, but there's a very minor glitch with one of the decisions and my thought process for the past year or so has been "I don't want to see ANY steam comments about it not working, and I've already taken this long, so I might as well make sure it's fixed before I actually release it.") I think it's probably a lua issue, so I might have to hit up one of the remaining lua wizards for help. Also, for reference, here's the current build of Texas for anyone who wants it.

As for the other civs, I'm probably going to just take my time finishing up as many as I can over the next year or so. I for one am not optimistic about how easily moddable Civ VI will be at launch, nor how instantly it supposedly might "kill" Civ V. And anyone who wants to help with any lua or, at this stage, even compiling any of my planned mods that they really want to see done, is more than welcome to. I've started compiling a handful of them, but not all of them.

Top Bottom