Cultural Capital Mod

Heres my updated version og tge mod.

Theres no changes to lua, but a few to xml:
  • An early theme giving a faith building
  • added faith to the "Imperial Cathedral" (?) building
  • Some tweaks

Enjoy and please give feedback - although I might not be able to do much about it...

\Skodkim

Maybe its just me thats confused about what its supposed to do.

Does it place iron on the map or just add iron to your combined resources (and if so do these disappear after the next election begins..?).

\Skodkim

Normally the new source of iron is placed in the radios of the city, who get this theme.
Also it could be that some improvement, like farm is then in the place for the new iron.
BTw thanks for uploading your version, will try it next time, my xml tweaks are also working fine, all themes i can choose are working correctly.

P.S. Good news Moaf told me, he will buy G and K, and he will work again on this great mod, but we have to wait after the next weekend.
Until then we can play with the changed version, and have a lot of fun:=)

Yeah these are good news ;-)

One question: Latest ver from Moaf is v9, right?

Yours is v12, ingame it says v10 so I'm a bit confused now :crazyeye: because I am trying to translate the mod in German language and somehow I can't leftclick on the icon any more...will have to compare the actual files again with v9 from moaf...

Yeah these are good news ;-)

One question: Latest ver from Moaf is v9, right?

Yours is v12, ingame it says v10 so I'm a bit confused now :crazyeye: because I am trying to translate the mod in German language and somehow I can't leftclick on the icon any more...will have to compare the actual files again with v9 from moaf...

I think I got v10 as an "unofficial" version from Moaf once but I don't remember anymore. Anyway I just started editing the version number when I updated the mod to make it more clear to me what version I was runnning.

Where does it say v10? I don't think I've experienced that. Did you delete the old version, clear cache etc before starting a new game?

Also I just realised that I never answered your question about enabling logging There's a really good explanation about it here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=412097

\Skodkim

Hello guys, long time no see :)

I've just received G&K and i am currently working on updating this mod!
My tasks are the following:
First, getting the mod to run again without major bugs - meaning i will have to retest a lot of things (will hopefully be released as v10 in the next week, depending on how much has changed in the SDK).
After that, it's all about getting to know the new mechanics in g&k and add/change themes accordingly.

If you encounter any bugs, please let me know!

Best regards,
Moaf

I'm so happy. If I had Montezuma I was going to sacrifice the prisoners for meeting you again :-D

Well Moaf, do you think that u could install multi languages for the mod. I started translating v9 and could send you the data, if you like

Haha, all I need is just some beer :D

Regarding multilanguage... would be nice if you could do that :). The support for it is already there; I could add another file that contains all non-english language localization values (e.g. just CCLocalization.xml). Also, some texts are subject to change since i will probably have to modify some things.

BR,
Moaf

okay, if u think your almost ready, u can send me the pre-version and I will add the text and send it back to you as soon as possible, I think this is the way, since I translated almost everything, but for sure, there will be changes, so I don't have to do the work twice...

Hi Moaf

Welcome back! I hope you dont mind that I released a small update to the mod - thought you were loooong gone from CiV.

If you want feel free to use my changes/additions - thought religion related events were much needed so I added an early theme giving a faith building and added faith to the "Imperial Cathedral" (?) building (plus made some tweaks that I hardly remember anymore).

\Skodkim

Hi Moaf

Welcome back! I hope you dont mind that I released a small update to the mod - thought you were loooong gone from CiV.

If you want feel free to use my changes/additions - thought religion related events were much needed so I added an early theme giving a faith building and added faith to the "Imperial Cathedral" (?) building (plus made some tweaks that I hardly remember anymore).

\Skodkim

BTW your fix , have a little bug. The CC_MEMORIAL building, doesnt give the culture bonus. Maybe you removed the bonus to fix the culture changes. But you only need to remove the culture tag in the buildings. My Changes are working well, and i get the culture.;)

hey skodkim!
nice, maybe you can send me your improvements via pm so i can incorporate them into the latest version? :)

BR,
Moaf

edit:
ah nvm, you have already uploaded it :)

hey skodkim!
nice, maybe you can send me your improvements via pm so i can incorporate them into the latest version? :)

BR,
Moaf

edit:
ah nvm, you have already uploaded it :)

Hi Moaf

Just two notices:
  • The new building BUILDING_CC_TEMPLE is permanent. Maybe it should be made temporary?
  • Gilgamesch just posted a bug with the GCC_MEMORIAL building. Just checked the xml files and I don't really see any errors - I haven't tried it ingame yet though.

\Skodkim

PS: Really nice you're back - looking forward to a new release! :)

hey,
yeah i already fixed the culture changes, so this should be working now.
About the CC_TEMPLE... I'll look over it - but I'll handle the balance issues later. First I'll try to get the mod working properly in G&K. :)

Currently I'm working on fixing a bug that was reported when the CC was captured/destroyed. Let's hope I'll find it soon! (who invented bugs?... they are so unnecessary :rolleyes:)

Version 10 has been released for Gods & Kings!

Changelist:

v10 (Changed for Expansion Gods and Kings):

# Gameplay Changes:

Changed now for full integration into the expansion pack Gods and Kings.
(Vanilla is not supported anymore, last supported version for vanilla is version 9)

# Theme Changes:

- Theme of Belief: Added, gives Temple of Worship (+2 faith and happiness)
(credits to skodkim!)
- Theme Horizon: Gives now only one Settler, but improved food bonus
- Theme Ecology: Ecological Center now correctly gives +1 Food on Jungle Features
- Theme Entertainment: Radio Studio Happiness bonus reduced to 5 (from 6)
- Theme Faith: Requirement changed from Policy Organized Religion to Building Temple
Imperial Cathedral now gives +3 culture and +3 faith.
- Theme Exchange: Obsoletes now when Computers researched
- Theme Labor: Obsoletes now when Steam Power researched
- Theme Sacrifice: Population cost now changed to a constant 2.
City must be now at least of size 6. Slightly lowered base production and base culture gain.
- Theme Construction: Construction Hall bonus production changed from 25% to 15%.
- Theme Idols: Memorial culture changed from +25% to +1.
Changed melee production bonus to a 15% production bonus for all units.
- Theme Philosophy: Think Tank great people generation rate reduced to 33% from 50%.
Science bonus reduced to 15% from 25%.
- Theme Controversy: Changed number of cities required from 4 to 5.

# Misc:

- Added German localization (thanks to wuTz for German translations!)
- Small bug fixes here and there

Please report any bugs asap :trouble:

BR,
Moaf

:woohoo:

Good job, will start my next new game with this awesome mod. Still playing a game with the old version.
Thanks Moaf.

I downloaded the version at Steam Workshop and have loved it so far; I can't wait to see what's in the next G&K-compatible release. Keep up the great work!

It's awesome mod. I am interested to do a Chinese localisation translation. I tested with the mod. However, I didn't see any quotes about the description of the theme actually used in the game. Are these quotes visible in the game?

I mean that I can only see Effects after adoption. I can't see the description of the theme.

Top Bottom