What can I do to make Isabella love me?

I don't know about Isabella, but I showered Theodora with silks, cottons, and furs for five thousand years, not to mention not wiping her off the face of the earth when I easily could have. Did I get her vote in my victorious tribal council to be elected President of the World? No, the bleep. I wonder if it had something to do with the land my general grabbed with his citadel? Never mind, anyway, next time I have decided to rid the world of her useless civilization.

Play hard to get that always works.

I don't know about Isabella, but I showered Theodora with silks, cottons, and furs for five thousand years, not to mention not wiping her off the face of the earth when I easily could have. Did I get her vote in my victorious tribal council to be elected President of the World? No, the bleep. I wonder if it had something to do with the land my general grabbed with his citadel? Never mind, anyway, next time I have decided to rid the world of her useless civilization.

Hands-down, the best commentary ever posted about Theodora is:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11935273&postcount=23

Oh wait. Destroy her cities and take her.

Just... TAKE HER and MAKE her love you!

I`m sure surrounded by her burning city and armed guards she`d finally notice you.

Oh wait. Destroy her cities and take her.

Just... TAKE HER and MAKE her love you!

I`m sure surrounded by her burning city and armed guards she`d finally notice you.

NOW you are actually getting into the true spirit of ancient human history! Real men didn't cry over some fickle wench, they conquered her city and pillaged and... yeah, that other stuff. More reliable than flowers and crap.

I have tried to express my love for Isabella since the first day I laid eyes on her in 3600 B.C. 3,000 years later, she won't even look at me. I have given her gold, proposed declarations of friendship, given her the finest silks and gems from my empire. How can I show her my love? How can I make her love me? My heart beats only for her.
Assuming you are being serious:

You need to lay on as many positive modifiers as possible.

Giving her gold, silks, and gems all count as the "We've traded recently" modifier which only goes so far. You need to find other modifiers.

The easiest are to denounce the same leaders or share a war. You can spread your religion to her, which will help *if* she doesn't have her own religion. If you can be friends with the same civ, that helps. A major plus (which is outside of your control) is rescuing a civilian from barbarians. Sharing intrigue and forgiving spying also helps a bit, but is also outside of your control.

Also, you should avoid all the obvious things that would make her mad at you (red negative modifiers).

Isabella actually has a high Friend Willingness score (7), though that can be modified by +/- 2. So normally she should be easier to make friends with. The two things that come to mind is if you have pissed her off (such as by being friends with her enemies) or if you have close borders.

Finally, indirect things which might help is building up your military (AI's are less friendly with you if you are extremely weak) and getting Isabella involved in a war (doesn't have to be a joint war).

This is definitely a super serious thread that needs my input.

Spanish women are fond of chest hair (muy macho!), so grow it out and wear a v-neck. If that doesn't work, play as Japan and conquer all her cities, but make sure you have a spy in the last one so he can ninja kidnap her. (When you play as Japan, all your spies are actually ninja.) Otherwise, she might pull a Dido on you. Or maybe that's just a Carthaginian thing. Every time I try to flirt with a girl from Tunisia, she just disembowels herself :\

After 2 pages of not so useful advice, what you have to do to get AI's to like you is:

-open embassies with them
-save their workers
-declaration of friendship
-try to not settle near them in the beginning(~10 tiles), if they ask to not settle near them then comply
-denounce people they denounced, ally people they allied with
-try to get your religion to them if they don't find a religion, if they ask you stop convert them then stop
-forgive them for spying, if they ask you to stop spying then stop
-a moderately strong military

I play on Emperor and Immortal with this in mind and AI's don't hate me and usually are friendly. Even after declaring war they go back to being friendly and you get good trade deals with them.

I still think just taking her civilisation and getting her weeping at your feet is a sure-fire win! Simple too. :p

:trophy: Winner of 2012! Funnest Thread of the Year! :trophy:

IMHO: This forum needs at least one non-serious thread in the bunch. It makes this forum a lot more interesting IMHO.

Pay Pachacuti or Montezuma to conquer her, then rescue her when they try to take her prisoner! It's the perfect plot!

Catherine is much better.

Though, Catherine would be way too easy to get! You wouldn't actually have to conquer her to get her to like you. :p

Top Bottom