Need testers for new editor

A Barracks Currently does 3 things, creating Veteran Units, allowing units to be upgraded and fully healing units in a single turn. Would it be possible to separate this into 3 flags instead of one. This way a Training Ground could give Veteran Units and a Weapon Smith could allow them to upgrade.

Exciting stuff. Before I forget, remove options for resources, units, cities, terraformations, etc. on pre-made maps would save me a lot of time in many instances (of say, using a map from a different mod or downloading one that came with resources already). IIRC, redistribute options are the only ones that exist at the moment.
Although I don't plan to include a real map editor, I can add such an option.

I also plan to have a "city editor". And see if they can be given to barbarians.

A Barracks Currently does 3 things, creating Veteran Units, allowing units to be upgraded and fully healing units in a single turn. Would it be possible to separate this into 3 flags instead of one. This way a Training Ground could give Veteran Units and a Weapon Smith could allow them to upgrade.
No. I cannot change the way the game works without the source code of the game. I can only make the editor easier to use with the existing flags.

This morning I have added a few more options for the unit filters.

I'm using 3-states checkboxes, so you can ask to include the unit that have the flag, or that don't have the flag, or to ignore the criteria (the square).

Here, I have a screenshot where you ask to see the British and French units becoming available with a tech from the Industrial Era, and which are not armies.

I have almost finished the general settings page (it was fast to do, as there's not much filtering or reordering to do here :) ), and I have a question.

For the sorting of units in the combo box, I have two options : "creation order" or "alphabetical".

I was wondering if it is interesting to allow the user to set this option for each combo box where unit appears, and should it be a general options, applied to all the unit combo box at once?

For the sorting of units in the combo box, I have two options : "creation order" or "alphabetical".

I was wondering if it is interesting to allow the user to set this option for each combo box where unit appears, and should it be a general options, applied to all the unit combo box at once?
An option available for each page of the editor should work fine for me

Another idea: what about an export button (excel format or csv perhaps) for the unit page? I think it will be very useful for all mod creators

Whoa, you've gone filter crazy! :thumbsup:

I need some help from a good artist out there.

I'd like to add some icons to the tool. First, icon for the different types of pages (units, building, but also era, difficulty levels, etc). And also icon for commands in the menus, or for the buttons.

Won't you need to specify sizes or at least height-width ratios?

Screenshot of the morning

In the civilization advances pages, the flags appear in black if only one tech has this flag on, in red if no tech has this flag on, and in blue if more than one tech have this flag on.

Here, I can very easily see that I forgot to take care of the Mutual Protection Pact flag, and so it will not be available in my game.
Also, there are several ways to get Trade Embargos, and that may be an error worth checking. If I want to know what are the techs giving trade embargos, I could set the filter to limit the list to them.

Also, the Advances prerequesite combobox will list only the techs which are available at the same era as the current tech + non era techs.

It's easier to select them !

Steph you are my best friend. period... i know you dont` know DCV

Just to toss in my two cents, but I think it'd be a bit annoying if you have Unit A > B > C, delete B and then A upgrades to C... even if that's not what you had wanted.

Perhaps there's a way to have it both ways?

The two solutions being exclusive, you can't have it both way.

It's either

A > B > C --> A > C after B is deleted

or

A > B > C --> A > none after B is deleted.

And it's a general principle, that applies to all the items which are deleted (and don't forget you can delete many simultaneously).

BTW, I've almost finished the advances page, I need to add the filtering and tech reordering. I'll probably finish it for Saturday.

Top Bottom