Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Hehe, WW2 Civs, derpity derp.

Also, the identity of the civs was revealed like two posts before NianMeow's. Stupid Goddamn Siege Rhinos...

Siege Rhinos are going to be fun to design and hard to balance.

And I have an evil plan for the Sultai UU.

Still, this isn't the best place to discuss it. I'll hopefully write up a new topic tomorrow. Well, today, considering it's half past midnight here.

Siege Rhinos are going to be fun to design and hard to balance.

So, like the real thing then? :p

Looking forward to the new topic and the Tarkir designs regardless, though as you say this is not the proper place to discuss them.

In terms of CL civs, After the release of the remaining first nation civs, will the focus become the aboriginal Australian civs that have yet to be released, or the African civs that we haven't heard much about. I'm really looking forward to seeing the designs for Nigeria and Libya.

So, like the real thing then? :p

Looking forward to the new topic and the Tarkir designs regardless, though as you say this is not the proper place to discuss them.

In terms of CL civs, After the release of the remaining first nation civs, will the focus become the aboriginal Australian civs that have yet to be released, or the African civs that we haven't heard much about. I'm really looking forward to seeing the designs for Nigeria and Libya.

I'm very excited to get back into the mod process, even though what I have planned for one particular civilisation is going to take ages because I don't know lua (It is possible in XML, just agonisingly dull, boring and tedious).

I'm quite interested as to what the mastermind commonly known as TPangolin will come up with for some of these more obscure tribes as well. I don't know enough about them to comment. Pakistan might be interesting as well, as fitting with the colonial theme it may have somewhat of a focus on British Raj-era India.

I'm very excited to get back into the mod process, even though what I have planned for one particular civilisation is going to take ages because I don't know lua (It is possible in XML, just agonisingly dull, boring and tedious).

Don't do it in XML. Talk to me instead.

Don't do it in XML. Talk to me instead.

Aha! My subconscious has successfully produced a situation in which I can get help without directly asking for it!

In all seriousness, thank you. I shall contact you after I've fleshed it out and experimented with percentages.

Time to build up some hype! Anyone else looking forward to the Archaeology oriented Beothuk? :)

Everyone say thanks to The Specialize who did all of the hard work!​

Hype successfully initiated!

I don't even know what the Beothuk are, but an Archaeology focus seems quite an original idea. Also that is one badass leader.

Much better than anything I would have done. Awesome, and looking forward to it!

Nicely done, I especially like the background! Very mystifying indeed ;)

Hype successfully initiated!

I don't even know what the Beothuk are, but an Archaeology focus seems quite an original idea. Also that is one badass leader.

Natives of the Natan-maligned land of Newfoundland, the Beothuk were famous for scavenging viking ruins for tools and weapons.

They were responsible for the annihilation of the Thule people, but went extinct very shortly after first contact with the English.

In-game, the Beothuk will be able to do things with Archaeology from the beginning of the game.

Sweet. My favourite First Nation using my favourite game mechanic. It could only be better if my game wasn't broken thanks to Windows10.

That leaderscreen is absolutely fantastic! Is that Marble Mountain in the background? :D

I've actually left the Rock now, bound for university in Ontario. So this is a wonderful taste of home. I can't believe my suggestion has gotten this far - thanks so much to TPang, Neirai, The Specialize, and everyone else for making this civ a reality! :D

That leaderscreen is absolutely fantastic! Is that Marble Mountain in the background? :D

I've actually left the Rock now, bound for university in Ontario. So this is a wonderful taste of home. I can't believe my suggestion has gotten this far - thanks so much to TPang, Neirai, The Specialize, and everyone else for making this civ a reality! :D

It was the Long Range Mountains which I beleive Marble Mountain is apart of.

It looks much more... painting like than most CL's Leaderscenes.

True, true, but I'm still quite fond of it and CL has never really been that consistent with leaderscenes. Compare the original trio, for example.

When we don't have a permanent, professional-esque artist, consistency is very hard to obtain.

Also, are there any 3D artists wanting to help out with upcoming units? 3D art has always been a massive bottleneck.

Also want to start talking about getting Malaysia back on track since we have a lot of the assets already made.

Top Bottom