Deity, Civ/strat for Warmongering

Korgoth420

Chieftain
Hi,

I am up to Deity play now, but I only seem to win using a "heavy science" strategy with wars after artillery, and can win much later with Diplomacy.

I want to win with Domination, but I want to war early (and maybe constantly) instead of waiting so long for my tech to kick in.

Deity Pangaea usually, but sometimes Large islands (so ill take water strats too)

-What Civ?
-What Strat?
For early warring.

Thanks fellow Strategy lovers,
-Korgoth

yeah, atilla is very early game domination, i personally don't really like to go all out in the first 100 turns, winning turn 150-250 makes for a more balanced and fun SP game imo :)

Ok, Ive done Atilla. And Camel Archers arnt early game.
Why?
Because you need chivalry.
Chivalry is midieval.

I would like to begin warring by Ancient or Classical.
Anyone with good Ancient or Classical Deity warmongering strats?

you can archer rush someone with babylon, if you are talking a complete map sweep this is quite hard to do without medieval techs, it is feasable to take out 1 maybe 2 civs with composites, but after that its more safe to tech before attacking again, anyway for going hardcore early you can try: Egypt chariot archer - Assyria siege tower - Zulu impi/composite. though if you tech well, the best way to go is take out one civ with composites, then you have crossbows turn 95-110, go smash up 2-3 civs, then get trebuchets for extra punch against one civ, upgrade to cannons, go smash someone, then artillery for rest if any.

Sweden can roll Honor to generate early GGs, you can finish honor super early and start earning gpk with the finisher.

China's GG along with later promos into CKN can be used to spilt your army of of 12 archers into 4 groups of 3 instead of 3 groups of 4.

Never Tried with Sweden. Whats the timing of the assault?

Archers, the point is to generate early GGs through honor to power through honor into commerce for the delicious LKs, combine those with your CBs and subsequent level 7 Xmen and you'll be mowing down the AI

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=513719

here is the discussion about a kind of hard setting.
Fastest strategy was a cb into xbow 2 army attack with impies and knights for flanking.

on small pangea maps most uu civs can kill everything with "their" unit

Thanks, some legitimate ideas.

Ok now the other question:
Water map, deity, early warmongering... Starts?

this is making me a bit mad, why don't you try to think for yourself just one time? whats the fun in SP when you are just following a formula.

Ive been a member since 2010.
I have over 2000 hours played.
I have thought that Civ Fanatics is a site with knowledge sharing.
I don't see why asking to share strategies.... in the strategy section, is inappropriate.
It shouldn't make you mad.
If anyone has any good deity water map strategies... this is the thread to post it.

this is making me a bit mad, why don't you try to think for yourself just one time? whats the fun in SP when you are just following a formula.

I understand but disagree.

I'm this kind of player who needs advice to improve myself. Sometimes, I know the strat. But sometimes, I find this action, build or tech path which suits to what I want to do.

Thanks, some legitimate ideas.

Ok now the other question:
Water map, deity, early warmongering... Starts?

Depends on your definition of early. Venice has a reasonable chance on Archipelago of winning with Compass even on Deity. On Continents you need Astronomy at a minimum, usually Navigation, which I wouldn't exactly call "early". If you prefer Astronomy-only, consider Attila, Genghis or Arabia and swim over your ranged mounted units. But this is kind of masochistic in terms of difficulty. Maybe if your starting continent had 6 of 8 civs, otherwise this will be painful.

If you want to win with pre-medieval techs on a water map, the only civ I can conceive of doing this is Byzantium... Maybe with range & logistics a dromon rush could clear archipelago without Compass.. But I doubt this is possible on Deity.

Same thing applies to Pangaea. Winning without Medieval techs on a standard Deity Pangaea? Extremely rare. Attila/Egypt really are the only ones I can think of.

Ruling out Chivalry and Machinery is IMHO silly. You can start your rush with The Wheel and/or Archery, but you'll be needing Medieval techs to finish on Deity 99% of the time, so I don't see why you'd rule out Arabia or Genghis.

My definition of "early" would be to be able to take someone out during the ancient or classical era.

I dont know if that is possible on a water map.
I would love to hear more about the Venice strategy.

Thanks in advance

Germany can field larger land armies (less maintainance) and get units from barb camps early (keep in mind however, hand-axe have only 1 range and upgrade to knights). Could work on Pangaea.

UB and UU come mid to late game however but Hanse can really work in your favor if you can control city state trade to keep producing things faster.

My definition of "early" would be to be able to take someone out during the ancient or classical era.

I dont know if that is possible on a water map.
I would love to hear more about the Venice strategy.

Thanks in advance

Venice strategy is pretty simple. Beeline Compass. Use the free Great Merchant to puppet a strategically valuable CS. Focus on getting your trade routes up. Produce Great Galleas in your capital, buy them in your puppets, and win. Great Galleas are 20% stronger than Galleas, which makes a noticeable difference on Deity, where you'll likely be facing superior units.

Also, "take someone out during the ancient or classical era"... do you mean the whole map? Or just a rush that starts in the ancient era, taking out a few opponents before medieval, and finishing in medieval+? Because, realistically, only Egypt and Attila can take out 7 opponents on Deity without reaching the Medieval Era. So, you might want to recalibrate your expectations. On any other difficulty level, you can probably win in the Classical. I think CB rush could win without Machinery on Immortal, but I'm not certain. On lower levels, you can do other things. Assyria can win with classical units on lower difficulties using siege towers. On Small Pangaea you can win with CBs. Etc.

Top Bottom