The Third World War 1989

Though few, they look much better trained and equiped than their foe, Gaddafi's Libya. Note the French Lizard camo and Austrian AUGs. They have moved to US woodland camo since the 90s.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1989 Tunisians.png
    Tanelorn 1989 Tunisians.png
    12 KB · Views: 742
Egypt's Nubian frenemy and the adversaries of the Ogaden war. Kenya next.
I am slowing down because researching the uniforms is harder.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1980 East Africa.png
    Tanelorn 1980 East Africa.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 715
Thanks G. For those rare African ones that lack convenient sterilised osprey coverage, I am usually looking for in wartime footage, rife with death and attrocity. War is hell. It bothers me.

Anyway, all British looks and German rifles, here is Kenya, the alleged birthplace of presidents:

Attachments

• Tanelon 1980s Kenya.png
    Tanelon 1980s Kenya.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 666
Were you referring to Jomo Kenyatta, the first Black President of an independent country (other than Haiti) in verified history, or was that a joke about US politics?

Its a pun :mischief:

Here come post independence Angolan troops. I included 90s versions to cover their several interventions overseas, most notably Congo. Their beret colous go against the usual practice, under Soviet influence.

Congo next.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1980s 90s Angola.png
    Tanelorn 1980s 90s Angola.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,185
Zaire, or Congo under Mobutu.
An army useless by design. The exception are Mobutu's praetorians- his French trained paras, the Israeli trained DSP and his French mercs.

Rwandan genocidal maniacs next

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1980s 90s Zaire.png
    Tanelorn 1980s 90s Zaire.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 635
Useless by design about covers it. The RPA, NRA, and Laurent Kabila's coalition of internal rebels trounced them and quickly took a third of the country in the mid-1990's... And that's a BIG country!

That leopard skin camo was petty unique though...

Speak of the devil, the paticipants of the Rwandan genocide: The Hutu Forces Armées Rwandaises (FAR) and their Tutsi Rwandan Patriotic Army (RPA) victorious opponents.

I get some pictures of FAR in brown berets and don't know what to make of it. Who were these guys?

Uganda next.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1980s 90s Rwanda.png
    Tanelorn 1980s 90s Rwanda.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 602
Speak of the Devil?

Shakes his hand like Romeo Delaire (that book's a very interesting, if disturbing read).

I will read it. Thanks.

Just out of the Ugandan bush war, the National Resistance Army, later to become the Uganda People's Defence Force.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1989 Uganda.png
    Tanelorn 1989 Uganda.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 260
What, no Obote or Amin-era Uganda Army forces for him to fight?

Thanks guys.

'His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular'

The Sayeret Matkal are impersonating the Ugandan paras they returned to give one last lesson to. Pre 1972 they can stand for Amins Israeli military advisors. Or kings of Scotland.

He invaded Tanzania in 78 and got his "highness" kicked out.

NRA/PDF took over in 86.

Will do both, Tanzania next.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1970s 80s Uganda.png
    Tanelorn 1970s 80s Uganda.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 604
Will you be doing the Umkhonto we Sizwe, prior to the end of Apartheid in 1994, who Julius Nyerere fist gave asylum to in Tanzania, and then later kicked them out when he came to see them as liability?

Umkhonto we Sizwe, the armed wing of Mandela's African National Congress. The guy on the left is from black and white original photos and Chris Hari's funeral. The guy on the right is in field woodland camo they used in one form or another. ;)

Zimbabwe next

Attachments

• Tanelorn Umkhonto we Sizwe.png
    Tanelorn Umkhonto we Sizwe.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 603
Top Bottom