Aspiring Rapper's MAFIA- Game Thread

You'd be sadly misguided.

Vote:Legato Endless
for this, for the buddying overall, and other things as well.

Unvote

Read through Legato, and eh

Cuth,

1. What were the 'other things as well' that made you vote Legato?
2. What do you mean by 'and eh'?
3. Why have you changed your tune on the importance of providing reasoning with actions? Where are all your own questions and observations?

FTR I have played two games with Cuth, and he was Town in both and focused heavily on the importance of players providing reasons for votes etc. IIRC he asked more questions and offered more opinions more freely too.

Anyways, considering I've been consistently wrong at every turn. I'll step back and let someone else lead the charge today.

also interesting that there was only one kill again. probably the third doctor's work

WRT the bold, why? Being wrong doesn't make you scummy in itself. What advantage is there to holding back your opinions other than keeping yourself out of the way?

Glossy
Cass
Choxorn
Lohr

Reasons for each of these?

So I've reviewed everyone's votes thus far, and I've noticed that choxorn and Zack have been on every single bandwagon (except for choxorn on the lassie-mat93 tie), and landlubber, cass, and BL have been on absolutely none, although landlubber's not voted since day 2. I think vote:cass is one of our scum, and at least one of choxorn and legato is a scum buddy of his.
The consistent accusation in my experience is a good way to not give useful voting data to others if/when you die, and by including one of his buddies in there, he looks more cleared if they die, and they look more cleared if he dies.

1. Have you ISO'd me in comparison to the others you mention?
2. What makes me to be more likely scum than Zack/Choxorn/Landlubber/BL?
3. Is there anything you find scummy with my play other than the fact I haven't been on a single mislynch?
4. I question things that stand out to me, analyse the responses and move my vote where I'm most confident in finding scum. How is this scummy?/How would voting differently be any more useful?

FTR

I'm a girl/Identify with she/her :p

If you've looked at the posts that go with my votes on Chox and Legato you should be able to tell that they've been serious pushes, with full cases/as much info/thought process /ISO analysis as I could provide. I'm not a fan of bussing, and have never made up full cases on active scum buddies early in the game when they're not attracting attention. I was the first to push Chox as an alternate for D1 and Legato at all after his case on me felt overly opportunistic. Like I said, I vote where I'm most confident.

It's unlikely that scum would use this as a strategy so early on when they could get away with mislynching Town imo.

My reason for voting Legato two days in a row is D2 he made a sus case on me, I responded and called the rest of his post out, ISO'd him, found him lacking and then he immediately disappeared/never responded. I returned my vote to Chox yesterday's phase because Legato returned claiming he'd been sick, and Chox seemed a better option than the alternatives of Sips (claimed PR), Zack (previously top town, slipping because of unidentifiable gut feeling) or BL (didn't like the earlier votes/feels somewhat like an easy lynch).

Given that these players were all being considerably scum read, it's interesting that my 'reluctance' to lynch any of them specifically hasn't actually been called out.

You can be town, along with Cuth.

Zack is still town.

Backwards Logic's vote on me (OMGUS), lack of content, complaining about the thread speed, and all of the above seem to be mere excuses for what he's been doing (not much), and seem to be lazy. What is wrong with following a town read, especially since every town Visor's defended has been town? (1)

The Kennigit v.2 is less okay than v.1. Take a look at his trying to use NK logic to determine who may or may not be teamed. That is often WIFOM, and those who were killed were obvious townies. Reading too much into why they were killed may not be useful. What is also interesting is his focus on me, just because I was voted by those who were NKed. That is a pretty weak accusation. (2)

I dislike choxorn's tone and early game play/lack thereof. What he has been doing has been looking a lot better, but certain things he's been saying make me feel like he is trying to say the easy things to say - pointing out obvious weak reasoning and buddying people against his scum reads. It seems that he is tailoring what he's saying towards a specific audience each time that he replies to someone. (3)

Cass's post yesterday about needing to take a look at me today is extremely scummy. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but why would she know that I'd be alive today to be looked at? I have made that kind of post before as scum, and this seems like a slip. Relying on her recent game with me to cloud her thoughts about my alignment, allowing her the margin of error to read me incorrectly because of how well I played is a very easy thing to do for scum, and does not look good with her low activity. As town, she will try to be more present, cares more about the game, and makes excuses for not being here. (4)

In conjunction with that post, KingMorgan's reasoning for thinking that both Cass and I are scum is extremely weak - that we're both alive. A lot of his reads seem to be for different reasons compared to his earlier play - for which he flipped town. (5)

Lohrenswald has not been doing anything recently. Besides his scum reads of Visor and me, he has said that he knows nothing else. Though he may be a new player, that is no excuse for now not having any idea, especially with the amount of information that has already flipped. Not knowing what reads to have is often more scummy than townie, especially because scum will know everything, and making things up will ring a little false, especially for newer players, and be especially hard to pull off.

Edse has not done anything that I can remember of. He would have been in the same category as Autolycus and BSmith, but they actually showed up and started to put in work. Lo and behold, BSmith was NKed.

WTL: Cass> Backwards Logic > Kenniget > KingMorgan > Lohrenswald > choxorn > edse

1) There are two things wrong with you following a Town read - and especially one that died so early on imo - It's lazy and it doesn't make sense. i)You're avoiding taking accountability for your own votes; and ii)The logic is flawed. In a game this size, how does Visor leaning certain players correctly Town have anything to do with his early scum leans being right? Eg. he's been wrong on at least me, Tak and Mat as far as I can remember.

2) I agree that Kennigit looks less ok than v1, I don't actually mind his reasoning wrt you. Earlier you made a point that people being suspicious of you was something you give Town points for. Why are you suddenly more defensive/prone to reading others scum for pointing out what they find off wrt you?

3) Can you bring up examples of how Chox is tailoring towards a specific audience?

4) I didn't know you were going to be alive - the post came more from the perspective of finding you scummy in your posts when I read through that phase and the one before, and not knowing if I would be alive today. I've provided more thoughts this game than any other game to date and the only time I've been low activity was Feb 4 - 9, which I did forewarn earlier in the game seeing as I was playing host to family visiting interstate for my birthday, so both the comment about low activity and excuses are invalid/null imo. Beyond that, if you'd prefer an explanation for my activity and think it's relevant to the game, just ask.

5) Agree, although I do find it concerning that people FoSing/Voting you are being NK'd whilst you are staying alive.

6) Why hedge with 'maybe I'm reading too much into it' but then WTL me over the other players you seem to have more reason to lean scum?

Okay. Right now I'm looking at a scum team of Legato, BL, and Cass. Thoughts?
Disagree. Makes no sense for scum to make such a concerted, in-depth case against me. Why would scum want to lynch Zack? They obviously want me alive, I keep lynching townies. I really doubt a scumbag comes after me like that, when they're under no pressure and I haven't given them any heat. A (misguided) townie frustrated with leadership made post #2177.

I'm kind of scared of this outcome
Which outcome?/Why?

That Cass post didn't trip me up quite as much as it tripped you two up, but considering the things that have been pinging me this game (Al and Lassie, mostly), maybe my scumdar needs to be rechecked.

I'm still more suspicious of Kennigit, BL, and Cuthillius, though. Call it gut feeling, but Kennigit just seems off, BL is acting exactly like I'd expect scum BL to act, and Cuthillius's votes yesterday were pretty odd, like, why would a townie keep switching around seemingly just to follow whatever the dominant opinion in the thread was?

Gah, I really don't know what to do.

Vote: Kennigit

Why vote Kenningit over BL if Kenni's just 'off' but BL's acting exactly like scum?

I'm fairly certain that Day 5 is the only day I've missed. Correct me if I'm wrong.
'
Vote:Cuth's responses to Zack are really really flinchy to me. I have a hard time believing that Cass, arguably the most helpful townie in this entire game, could be scum. If she is, it's been a hell of a performance so far.

1. Why are they flinchy?
2. How do you know I'm Town?
2. What are your other reads?

This at least is true, that claim was nonsensical and I'm still lost on how it works. We're missing something, although the complete reversal over yesterday's reaction is...noted.

Glossy still confuses me as a scum, and Lohr might be a good policy lynch depending on breathing room. The other two are fine...although Chox being essentially night kill immune thanks to background emission suspicion is something to consider.

Why follow at all? Backwards is pretty damn pathetic for this to be a long term ploy, although given the state of affairs, it's meh for a medium term gambit. He's come in, given a brief activity as he cared, and he certainly hasn't lurked or poked up at suspicious times. If he's floating, it's a very dedicated job against his meta as I understand it. Then again, I'm confused by everyone who has strong reads on the posters with less than double digit numbers in the game.

Zack is scum. The way his wagon steered out of the way despite a pretty strong scum read which was then deemphasized and BL was offered instead before the doctor claim sealed Al is not natural. That doesn't happen without external manipulation. The hive mind is never that elegant.

Vote: Zack

This is either wrong or bussing. I'm kind of sympathetic to the latter...but the ease with which this comes off is giving me hesitation.

Well, she certainly couldn't win the least helpful town still alive award, for all her weird reaction earlier...

1. IIRC BL was largely pushed by Bsmith for meta reasons. What is your understanding of BL's meta and who would you say is likely to read him better?
2. Your push on me was considerable D2, what work have you done/conclusions have you gathered wrt me since?

WE ARE NOT LYNCHING ZACK TODAY.

Feel free to go for Cass, Legato Endless, Backwards Logic, Kennigit.

Choxorn looking better because of his post #2149.

Don't understand landlubber's comment on how Cass has been the most helpful townie, ever. To be correct, the reason she's been more helpful than some of the rest of us is that she has stayed out of the way and not helped lynch townies. XD

Is that really something townie?

1. Why not the others on your WTL?
2. Is it really something scummy? Or is it more likely something that would make me a desirable kill? It's null at this stage afaict. Why phrase it that way/why mention it at all?

Ah, landlubber's vote on Cuth is kind of weird too. It seems to be based off of earlier interactions than what is going on in thread.

Maybe we can kill landlubber too.

Revised WTL list: Cass, BL, Kenniget, KM, Lohrenswald, Legato, landlubber

People who need to speak up: edse, Xym

Cuth is town. His waffling about and his inherent scumminess is much in line with his town meta, and he's been less questioning and prodding than he is as scum.
Where have you seen Cuth question and prod as scum? A relatively high level of questioning and prodding is what I saw both Town games I've seen of his. And I felt like that dropped off the past two phases TBH.

Disagree. Makes no sense for scum to make such a concerted, in-depth case against me. Why would scum want to lynch Zack? They obviously want me alive, I keep lynching townies. I really doubt a scumbag comes after me like that, when they're under no pressure and I haven't given them any heat. A (misguided) townie frustrated with leadership made post #2177.
Pretty easy lynch, removal of town leader...

If I'm correct right now for the most part the scum have not been the talkers, but rather the people who have been slithering on.

I'm aware that I fall into this category. But that is where we should be looking.

And I think a concerted push on you would not be out of the question when you've been being shaded for days and we're nearing endgame.

WRT the bold, why? Being wrong doesn't make you scummy in itself. What advantage is there to holding back your opinions other than keeping yourself out of the way?
Some other people seemed to take issue with this too. I thought the reasoning would be self-evident, but I'll explain. I've been off with my reads and cases so far, to an astounding degree. I pushed my incorrect cases over others, and the result was a lynched townie every time. So I decided to take a backseat for at least this round, and let other people advance their cases.

For the record, I did pretty much the same in Pirate Ship Mafia II, where I was town. I made my big cases, used everything I had to get those people killed, and I was totally wrong. I went for other lynches ahead of people who turned out to be scum, and I was wrong. I was consistently wrong, so I stepped back and let Visor and co. run the show, while I diverted my focus elsewhere. It was humiliating, but we won.

So this is me, eating crow.

If I'm correct right now for the most part the scum have not been the talkers, but rather the people who have been slithering on.

I'm aware that I fall into this category. But that is where we should be looking.

And I think a concerted push on you would not be out of the question when you've been being shaded for days and we're nearing endgame.
I guess, but it seems like scum have been content to let me lead so far, considering how crummy a job I've done.

I guess, but it seems like scum have been content to let me lead so far, considering how crummy a job I've done.

Generally the pool gets small enough that anybody with any brains would find the scum eventually

Thus generally leaders ime don't get kept alive all game, just long enough until they are considered a risk

I don't like that choxorn considered Al Sips a better lynch than Zack although he was unsure about the claim.

I don't like the Al Sips lynch at all, it was driven by the mafia in some form.

For now, Vote: Cass.

Edse, please explain what makes me worth a vote - in your own opinion?
You've mentioned two things about me previously: the 'new kids' comment at the beginning of the game and then putting me green in your list with 'is helpful'.

It seems strange/opportunistic to switch here, focus on FoS of Chox (who I voted); and the Al Sips lynch (which I wasn't part of), and then vote me - with no reason.

Personally i think cass and legato have completely bogus arguments between today/yesterday, which makes me lean town on them. Clearly at least 1 scum is tryharding innight kill selection (at least night 1) and I don't expect scum to make such sloppy mistakes (eg my own cases, legato saying some reversal of opinion occurred, cass quoting zack yesterday but posing a question to me as if I made that post)

Choxorn feels incredibly non-genuine inthe deciding votes yesterday but I still refuse to believr cuthillius and glossy are both town

To appeal to Zack directly, remember day 1 how you howled about how arakhor had such an incredibly scummy claim and response?

Yet here is glossy presenting himself as if he is some harbringer of sorting good power role claims and that's why on day 1 he had to lead a heroic but failed CFD away from the righteous Arakhor

I cannot look at votes too much on mobile but yea, probably the al sipclar voters were townies going "gee, IMPOSSIBLE to have 2 doctors!!!"

Maybe it is just choxorn though. Al sipclar had a line earlier that only scum ever accuse him of being scum, and I remember some specific game when i was a double voter and scum/takhisis howled and shouted that I couldn't be

Scum love to scream at truthful townies for no reason very often

So i am torn b/w glossy vs choxorn

Which argument was bogus?

I went back and found the misquote:

Spoiler :
Thoughts from quick, bleary-eyed catch up of this and previous phase:

Agreed with Sooh that Sushi-Lassie interactions seemed like distancing, am backtracking now slightly on my read of Sushi after Lassie's flip - need to re-read DM games but the flippant 'bored' attitude and several of her questions yesterday stood out as does refusing to try and make her own reads at this point in the game. Need to look closer at Sooh's last reads.

@Glossy
1) All my thoughts on Legato were given earlier, why did you ask me for them now?
2) Why were you so quick to defend my absence as null?

Zack - I have some issue with his increase in aggression, explanation of switch to Mat and Lassie push gave me slightly bad vibes. I don't think there's been a reads for quite a while? Just get the feeling he's pushing everyone down?

Bsmith's
Kenningit seems to actually be analysing/doing some decent search work/active in the conversations going on. Case on me is strange, as was the misunderstanding wrt Sushi at the beginning of the round.

Cuth's hammer/today's voting pattern/sheeping Murska is weird.
Cuth - Why follow anyone/Murska? What are your own reads and thoughts right now?

Choxorn's vote on 'narrowly more scummy' Kenningit - without push/questioning of his other suspects (Al Sips, Cuth) bothers me.

I like that Al Sips posted reads but still don't feel like he's playing the same sort of game as in Snakes.

You're wrong on me, probably why it's difficult to put your finger on it :p
IIRC Pouter ended up looking at my case and swapping to Chox, not sure if that makes a difference in your analysis at all.

------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennigit View Post
what a hilariously ridiculous question. Why wouldn't I be suspicious of them? I mean I know we can't follow what everyone says this game because of the volume of posts, but Zack has lynched a townie every single day (post 1489 last vote day 2, on visor, as far as I can tell) and Cass_ I have way wayy back voted my immediate suspicion of him for being extremely slow to make an updated vote despite posting a lot (worded here) and more easily traced here

BUT, the actually ridiculousness of this question is why did you ask about Zack and Cass? Why not ask "Kennigit, please list your reasons" because I literally have not given anything about why Lohr or why choxorn, or autolycus for that matter [though no one is going to debate that autolycus hasn't done much].

That's independent of whether you are town or scum glossy, why even ask about a subset of my list?

from the votes I forgot choxorn had a wagon on him day 1 [attempted CFD]. IIRC glossy and lassie and cuthillius were posting around then. So it would be pretty gutsy to try a CFD on a teammate, given a power role claim of arakhor, so it is unlikely the 5-man list i posted could be together. I think that list working ALL together mutually is too unlikely.
------

-------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
Idk, no strong feelings either way. I'm not feeling very confident in any reads atm, considering how egregiously wrong I've been every time. Beginning to suspect that a significant portion of the mafia are lurkers - all lynches and attention have been on people who were pretty active in the thread, which the mafia seem to be content with (judging by who they've left alive).
-------

Kennigit, can you give a list of current leans?; and
explain what you mean by the bold pls? Seems like PIS to me - how else do you know who's be 'left alive' v who's scum?

Spoiler :

Bsmith - how sure are you of BL's scum meta? If you think he's scum, why is Choxorn a better vote?

That's my bad.

The bold question was not meant for you at all, but for Zack, and
@Zack, it still applies.

@Cuth and @Glossy - neither of you answered the questions I asked you. They're bolded in the spoiler above in case you missed them.

Most of the posts early on are from dead townies, but here are Murska's first two posts. I have no idea with the first one, but the second one is sort of a bad look.
I put that vote down to pure RVS, especially since he moved off to vote Chox later and Visor's flipped Town. Still possible I guess, but I think it would be more likely to be scummy as a joke vote if Visor had flipped scum.

These posts are also a little suspicious especially since they're interacting with two townies. I hold with the reasoning that joking you're a wolf is a wolf thing to do. I dunno. :sad:
I agree with you that the prolonged joking is suspicious, and will maintain that I think Newyn was the scummiest in the whole interaction. At the time, I took your vote as RVS and possibly Townie in the whole situation. Not really willing to make that call right now. Although FWIW these last two posts are more along the lines of what I associate with you as Town.

I'd eat a boot if sushi is scum.
Why?

Geh. That's not how it felt yesterday, although vote analysis isn't my best subject I'll admit. As I'm like, completely alone in this conclusion, I'll do a re-read, but I know something is off.

That is absurdly large. First, there aren't 7 mafia. Not with double kills per night. And regardless, placing half the entire listing of remaining players as acceptable isn't sensible in the slightest.

Agreed.

Sigh.

You know, I could go for either. Chox needs to flip simply because at this point it's outright astonishing he hasn't been lynched with the degree of suspicion he's gotten from everyone.

Vote: Choxorn

I could maybe support flipping Glossy, if mostly because I'm fairly uncertain what to make of the game. I'll take a look through the reams of posts and see if anything changes. Cuth I can't go along with though, if I'm wrong then, blah, I'm wrong, but there's nothing making me think he's scum in all this.

If Glossy is scum, then Cass is actually probably town IMO.

1). I agree that 7 is a wide WTL. What are your thoughts on each of the suggestions beyond yourself? (Me, BL, Kenni.v.2, KM.v.2, Lohr, Landlubber?)
2). What do you mean by 'Sigh'? , What do you actually think of that comment ('Cass and Legato have completely bogus arguments') and what is your lean on Kennigit?
3). I could agree with Chox but FTR your progression on him is strange.
I think it's less strange that he hasn't been lynched since he started picked up his posting. I'm assuming 'with the degree of suspicion he's gotten' means you think the amount of suspicion is large? IIRC Bsmith, ?Murska and myself were the only ones expressing recent doubt and that was yesterday, between then and post-CFD. What 'degree of suspicion' 'by everyone' are you referring to?

I'm back and forth on BL, though I really liked his most recent post especially WRT Sushi. Legato still seems scummy to me, his shift off me after the big push and his pulling away from BL after the earlier push/spam vote on him is weird.

Some other people seemed to take issue with this too. I thought the reasoning would be self-evident, but I'll explain. I've been off with my reads and cases so far, to an astounding degree. I pushed my incorrect cases over others, and the result was a lynched townie every time. So I decided to take a backseat for at least this round, and let other people advance their cases.

For the record, I did pretty much the same in Pirate Ship Mafia II, where I was town. I made my big cases, used everything I had to get those people killed, and I was totally wrong. I went for other lynches ahead of people who turned out to be scum, and I was wrong. I was consistently wrong, so I stepped back and let Visor and co. run the show, while I diverted my focus elsewhere. It was humiliating, but we won.

Following that logic, we all deserve to eat crow right now because we've either pushed the wrong people or not pushed the right people hard enough. It's part of the game. I'm ok if you don't want to lead a lynch, but you IMO you should still be providing opinions beyond 'I've been so wrong' for the future record. Failure to do so is as scummy as Glossy sheeping Visor in that it draws attention away from your actions and serves as an excuse to remove accountability from your votes.

I assumed your question was rhetorical, I'm not sure what you're looking for in terms of an answer or getting at. I meant that since none of the most active players have been killed off at night, the mafia don't seem to mind those active players being alive, for whatever reason. Not sure how that's PIS.

I have still been giving my opinions lol, read the thread. I can still give my thoughts without being a leader and I have given them.

That's arguably the strangest scum hypothesis in the thread. I don't have the foggiest how that's even supposed to work.

Generally the pool gets small enough that anybody with any brains would find the scum eventually

Yeah no. There's enough of a percentage of clean sweeps even among experienced players that this isn't true in the slightest. Mafia is much more often the game of investment regret, not oh my, I've seen the light. People don't abandon their preconceptions routinely, it's something they have to work towards.

Activity based arguments are terrible this long in the game when we've no known scum to base the formulation on.

Uh huh. Does this really sound regretful to anyone? Seriously? He's shifting out of the spotlight after the close call yesterday. Put him contention again. Watch what happens.

*eye roll*

Cuth,I'm a girl/Identify with she/her :p

Yeah a bit confused about that becoming a thing. Is Cass a common male name in certain regions?

1. IIRC BL was largely pushed by Bsmith for meta reasons. What is your understanding of BL's meta and who would you say is likely to read him better?
2. Your push on me was considerable D2, what work have you done/conclusions have you gathered wrt me since?

My read on BL goes to two factors. He's a mastermind type player, and while sitting back might be a safe bet normally, it seems a really poor strategy in a game where the activity was so high in the early going. If so, I'd except him to have a better contingency in place. Slack maybe, but not just vanish for days. He's got no good end game because the staggering lack of activity makes him a great policy lynch. Unless BL just went into this knowing he'd clean sweep this, it feels less planned than I'd expect from him.

Second, BL like Murska, excepting some weird notations in the last phase as previously pointed out, has posted mostly things I can find no fault with. His early frustration about the massive tempo dissonance to his preferred game reads completely sincerely to me. His initial apathy to gaining interest as the game slows down and field narrows also just fits to me as a passionate competitive townie who's nevertheless unafraid to go against the crowd when it suits him. Maybe I'm putting far too much of myself in here, since I massively empathize with his reactions this game, but the whole mild alteration as things happen feels like a natural town evolution. Zack's quitting (minor hyperbole) and following the rest of the town to 'salvation' on the other hand stinks to all hell as artifice.

2. I'll post thoughts later and note any dramatic changes based on my archive scrawling, But you're up-ticking as I'm seeing Zack and maybe Glossy as scum. You and Glossy as a scum team is bizarre to me, I think if one flips one way, there's a notable chance of the other not being the same alignment. Zack's current ease of pushing you though makes me really question the day 2 vote I made. Neutral-ish, I'd push Glossy over you, but I'm not comfortable with either yet. Whereas I'd vig Zack or Chox if I could.

Spoiler :
Full disclosure, I was a bit irked with a reaction from you and that's kind of tainted my read. Unlike Lassie and all the other new players I've rather enjoyed, you kind of left a bad taste initially. My initial question about you being another poster I was familiar with was completely OOG, but you treating it as some kind of potential ploy was just baffling to me. It makes vaguely more sense in light of such things a poster saying how they were thinking about the game while doing real life stuff, but it was a major disconnect.

I treat mafia as a fun experience but I play within certain restrictions. I wouldn't whine about life sucking to sucker people into a win. That's pathetic. Similarly, my being sick is legitimate. It means nothing one way or the other alignment wise, but I was most certainly ill. So you're questioning me as asking the question being some kind of ploy really set me through a loop, and then the passionate reaction when my meta appraisal was off left me wondering how neutrally I was appraising the situation.

So I consciously backed off because I wasn't sure I'd treat the situation with grace and decorum, and I was worried I was voting you for out of game reasons, which is something I deplore. Anyway, this is probably not helpful, but that's the reason I just up and quit on my case on you.

Activity based arguments are terrible this long in the game when we've no known scum to base the formulation on.
What do you mean by this? That one scum being a lurker is indicative of the other scum also being lurkers? Because that seems like a strange thought to me, I don't understand why you'd think one wolf's level of activity has any bearing on the activity levels of other wolves.

Vote progressions with flips and reasons given, starting with D2 since that's where we have least analysis so far. Up to EoD3

Bold for players still in the game

D2
#1343 Lassie votes Mat93
#1344 Glossy votes Mat 93 (sheeps Lassie, points out Pouter sussed Mat93 #1346)
#1347 Choxorn votes Cuth "(as per previous day's reads")

#1350 Mat votes Cuth
#1353 Tak votes Lassie
#1365 Visor votes Lassie
#1375 Zack votes Lassie ("howl.bmp")
#1386 Landlubbr votes Lassie ("still works for me")
#1409 Cuth votes Visor (no reason)

#1411 Lassie votes Visor
#1415 Landlubber unvotes Lassie, votes Mat ("I'm on the fence about Visor, but I could live with a Mat lynch")
#1418 Mat unvotes Cuth, votes Lassie
#1422 Zack unvotes Lassie, votes Mat ("Solely for post #1418")
#1445 Legato votes Cass (stylistic quirk transition to (comparitive) temerity - somewhat sheeping Al Sips)
#1450 Glossy unvotes Mat, votes Cuth (thinks one of Mat/Cuth has to be wolf / I'm just bored and poking at things)

#1464 Visor unvote, vote Backwards Logic (#1469 vote: Jarrema, takhisis, legato endless, Mat93)
#1472 Glossy unvotes Cuth, votes Visor ("I don't like voting with Cuth but I'm going to do it". One of Visor/Cuth is wolf)
#1489 Zack unvotes , votes Visor (PIS - Visor rebuts well)
#1497 Glossy unvotes Visor, votes Tahksis
#1512 Murska votes Visor (no reason)

#1515 Jarrema votes Sooh
#1540 Cass votes Legato
#1544 Edse votes Cuth

#1547 Tak unvotes Lassie, votes Glossysushi
#1585 Choxorn unvotes Cuth, votes Visor
#1587 Tak votes Visor
#1590 Glossy unvotes Tak, votes Visor
#1591 KingMorgan1 votes Visor
#1607 Autolycus votes Xym ("he felt off to me as well and is on Lassie's list")
#1608 Al Sips votes Choxorn

Mat: (Lassie, Glossy , Landlubber, Zack, Visor)
Cuth:( Choxorn, Mat, Glossy, Edse, Glossy)
Lassie: (Tak, Visor, Zack, Landlubbr , Mat)
Visor: (Cuth, Lassie, Glossy, Zack, Murska, Takhisis, Choxorn, Tak, KingMorgan1)
Cass: (Legato)
Backwards Logic: (Visor Visor)
Takhisis: (Glossy)
Sooh: (Jarrema)
Legato: (Cass)
Glossy: ( Takhisis)
Xym: (Autolycus)
Choxorn: (Al Sips)

D3
#1624 Zack votes Lassie ("Keep getting distracted from lynching you")
#1642 Landlubber votes Lassie ("I'm still on board with Vote:Lassie")

#1643 Tak votes Lassie
#1647 Xym votes Cuth
1649 Mat votes Lassie
#1651 Chox votes Al Sips
#1657 Auto votes Cuth (doesn't want a runaway wagon on Lassie)
#1659 Lohren votes Lassie ("I'm not sure what to think really."
#1670 Murska votes Al Sips (I don't feel like Lassie is scum, Al Sips has not done anything to dissolve suspicions from D1)
#1661 Cuth votes Mat ("for making a weak case on somebody and then pretending they never responded, while continuing to use the same case.")
#1665 Cass votes Legato (would like to see more from him and Al Sips)

#1668 GK votes Lassie
#1670 Backwards Logic votes Murska (WTL Lassie but wants an additional wagon, Murska's been defending Lassie all game)
#1674 Kingmorgan1 votes Al Sips
#1675 Xym unvotes Cuth, votes Lassie (no reason other than wagon is bigger)
#1677 Bsmith votes Murska (WTL Lassie or Cuth, but will take BL's lead)
#1699 Kenni/exNewyn votes Lassie (contradicts self - but… it is more likely for town to make a silly lie than scum)
#1708 Lassie votes Kenni/exNewyn
#1734 Zack unvotes Lassie, Votes Mat (Lassie's recent posts townie, Mat quiet compared to earlier - *8 on train at this time)
#1735 Lassie unvotes Kenni/exNewyn, Votes Mat
#1738 Bsmith unvotes Murska, Votes Mat
#1740 Edse votes Mat (but Cuth would still be first choice - no reasons given)
#1745 Kingmorgan1 unvotes Al Sips, votes Mat
#1758 Al Sips votes Legato
#1762 Kenni/exNewyn unvotes Lassie (Considers Cass, Zack, ?Laziest on Visor vote)
#1763 Xym unvotes Lassie (with frustration at Lassie for pushing him; stays not voting)
#1764 Kenni/exNewyn votes Cuth ('to get a vote in' - no reasons given)

#1766 Choxorn unvotes Al Sips to vote Lassie ('torn between 'he has to be scum' and 'he hasn't played like I'd expect a scum to play', 'slightly more scummy than Mat')

Lassie: (Zack, Landlubber, Takhisis, Mat, Lohrenswald, Goldenknight, Xym, Kenni/Newyn, Choxorn)
Cuthillius : (Xym, Autolycus, )
Al Sips: (Choxorn, Murska, KingMorgan)
Mat: (Cuth, Zack, Lassie, Bsmith)
Murska: (Backwards Logic, Bsmith)
Kenni/Newyn: (Lassie)
Legato: (Al Sips, )

Notes made on the above as I went:

Auto votes Cuth with Xym on D3, immediately after voting him/saying he feels off D2?? (Doesn't want a runaway wagon on Lassie). There were 5 votes on at the time. ?PIS?/staying off?

Xym switches off Cuth to vote Lassie
Xym unvotes Lassie (with frustration at Lassie for pushing him) - leaves no vote recorded

KenniV2 is at least elaborating on thought processes. Contradicted self with vote on Lassie (voted for lie, said Town more likely to lie), corrected (consistent with that reasoning) later to unvote with ?FoS Zack, Cass, Lazy Visor vote
Comes back and votes Cuth (no reasons ?no relation to previous FoS and staying off lead wagons - at that point Cuth only had one vote)

Bsmith WTL Lassie/Cuth D3;
D5 voted for Chox and BL; switched read on BL from Town to Scum

Glossy: Put a lot of emphasis on ;one is Scum' between Mat/Cuth; Visor/Cuth - ?hasn't revisited Cuth since Mat and Visor's flips ?convenient excuse? Maybe TWTBAW though?

My read on BL goes to two factors. He's a mastermind type player, and while sitting back might be a safe bet normally, it seems a really poor strategy in a game where the activity was so high in the early going. If so, I'd except him to have a better contingency in place. Slack maybe, but not just vanish for days. He's got no good end game because the staggering lack of activity makes him a great policy lynch. Unless BL just went into this knowing he'd clean sweep this, it feels less planned than I'd expect from him.

Second, BL like Murska, excepting some weird notations in the last phase as previously pointed out, has posted mostly things I can find no fault with. His early frustration about the massive tempo dissonance to his preferred game reads completely sincerely to me. His initial apathy to gaining interest as the game slows down and field narrows also just fits to me as a passionate competitive townie who's nevertheless unafraid to go against the crowd when it suits him. Maybe I'm putting far too much of myself in here, since I massively empathize with his reactions this game, but the whole mild alteration as things happen feels like a natural town evolution. Zack's quitting (minor hyperbole) and following the rest of the town to 'salvation' on the other hand stinks to all hell as artifice.

2. I'll post thoughts later and note any dramatic changes based on my archive scrawling, But you're up-ticking as I'm seeing Zack and maybe Glossy as scum. You and Glossy as a scum team is bizarre to me, I think if one flips one way, there's a notable chance of the other not being the same alignment. Zack's current ease of pushing you though makes me really question the day 2 vote I made. Neutral-ish, I'd push Glossy over you, but I'm not comfortable with either yet. Whereas I'd vig Zack or Chox if I could.

Spoiler :
Full disclosure, I was a bit irked with a reaction from you and that's kind of tainted my read. Unlike Lassie and all the other new players I've rather enjoyed, you kind of left a bad taste initially. My initial question about you being another poster I was familiar with was completely OOG, but you treating it as some kind of potential ploy was just baffling to me. It makes vaguely more sense in light of such things a poster saying how they were thinking about the game while doing real life stuff, but it was a major disconnect.

I treat mafia as a fun experience but I play within certain restrictions. I wouldn't whine about life sucking to sucker people into a win. That's pathetic. Similarly, my being sick is legitimate. It means nothing one way or the other alignment wise, but I was most certainly ill. So you're questioning me as asking the question being some kind of ploy really set me through a loop, and then the passionate reaction when my meta appraisal was off left me wondering how neutrally I was appraising the situation.

So I consciously backed off because I wasn't sure I'd treat the situation with grace and decorum, and I was worried I was voting you for out of game reasons, which is something I deplore. Anyway, this is probably not helpful, but that's the reason I just up and quit on my case on you.

I gotta run in a minute but ta for reply. Skimming this I think I like the reasoning wrt bold for BL meta and this game.

I think this is the second time you've mentioned expecting Sushi and I to have opposite alignments and I have to admit I see both elements of Town work and Scum lack of thought in her play so I don't follow that reasoning. Can you explain? Looking from an outside perspective our back and forth on each other could be Town-Town (though I maintain her cases against me are reaching), or Scum-scum distancing (though I am 100% Town here). Basically, you saying it has to be one v. the other makes me nervous that it's just another way to set up my mislynch if I'm wrong about her being scum - a position you would obviously be aware of if you are scum.

Spoiler :

I don't understand the relevance of the bold but the rest of this reads as legit to me. FWIW I'm an overly paranoid player who recently got buddied all the way to F3 and something about that post reminded me of the last Scum game I played where my partner used an Alt account and let on that he knew other players. It was the reason you drew my attention/I thought to question you, but it's not why I voted you - see my reaction to your case on me, and my thoughts after your ISO.

Also, that had nothing to do with you being ill. I also play with similar restrictions and I actually gave you space there because benefit-of-the-doubt for being sick.

I won't be back home until late this afternoon.

Hard claim Town. The best I can offer the Blue crew is that I'm around at the moment, and I'm consistently doing work to solve/find the scum.

If I happen to get maj'd before I return take a serious look at those jumping on me with little actual work/reachy cases/voting me over others they think are more scummy.

Top of my head Sushi, Zack, Cuth and Edse look bad on my train atm.

Cuth, for example - how has my active game changed since the beginning, when you were swearing black and blue that it was just like when you saw me Town, and nothing like how you saw me play as Scum?

Stating a hesitance is not being contradictory

Saying 'Lies are more likely to come from Town' and then still voting there seems contradictory to me, but it's not something I'm going to vote you for alone, especially since you show evidence of continuing to think, and changed accordingly.

Can you explain why you switched to Cuth?

Ie, reasons why you thought he was scummy/the best player to vote, and why you didn't elaborate why he was better than a competing train?

Top Bottom