Bug - 11/3/2006

NavyDawg

Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
Here is my Bug man. Included are four attacks, so you can mix and match. This could be used for two units: one with melee attacks, one with the bug plasma attack and drop anim. Hopefully this guy will be useful for a sci-fi scenario. Enjoy.:)

I hope to include some sounds in a later post, but have not made any yet. I figured I may as well upload the unit, since it's already a large file and any sounds will be in an additional d/l.

Download the unit here.

Update: Also check out the Starship Trooper.
See Also a new and improved unit_32 pcx by Vuldacon in post 38.

Attachments

• Bug_Sting.gif
    Bug_Sting.gif
    55.7 KB · Views: 400
Okay, it reminds me of NeoLords from the old Exosquad cartoon.

:lol: That is one mean bug! Nice job:goodjob: !

is the bugplasma attack this yellow energy shot like thingie - me thinks, bugplasma should be little less so hightech.. it should be shot with the arch, not straight to opposer.. also shot itself should be more like splash of biological goo, not dots that really remaind energyshot - with such attack, it feels more like robot, not biological mutant (but in this case also in death, oilflow would be better than green goo). And mabe speed up all the attacks.. i know, it's only the preview so slow, but still, bugs should be very agressive and fast.. i think
Yet, this bugman really rocks. And it's good to see you are making scifi units also

You did an awesome job animating this guy NavyDawg. I didn't even know this model came with Poser. Makes me want to spend some time digging through my libraries to see if there are any other little gems like this one. You've definitely set the bar high for next month's unit competition. I know I'll have to come up with something special if I intend to compete with this guy. Great job! :thumbsup:

I'm reminded of Space Pirates from Metroid Prime, which means you've done an uber job, cause that was an uber game.

These animations are fantastic, like really, they're superb, as in you're duking it out with aaglo with this guy.

:thumbsup:

PS: Maybe some Space Pirate sounds would be just the ones this guy needs? :hmm:

:drool:

Now I'm just waiting for the sounds and it's going into the playground mod! (old alien unit was missing sounds, and I couldn't find any good ones to go with.)

Nicely animated. The green ooze really makes the death special.

4 attacks, eh? Going all out on this one I see... so attackA attackB attackC and defend... and then there is no need to mix and match, all will be used.
On the file size. I just post them to the database here (see the link from the main C3 C&C forum). It allows files to be up to 10mb. My troll was around 2.7mb with the sounds.

Thanks all for the nice comments. I added the green goo with 3 cylinder primitives. I thought the blood gave this unit a more organic feel.

I am going to use this for two units as I described in the first post, a paradrop bug (offense) and a melee bug (defense). That's why there are so many attacks. Also, the model seemed to lend itself to multiple attacks. I'm not really sure what the so-called "Bug Plasma" is, but I wanted him to have a ranged attack and like how it turned out.

Until I get some sounds posted, try using some from a firaxis dino (raptor?) or the Skreech unit by Vuldacon. A wing flap (like Aaglo's bat) should work for the fly/drop anim for now.

Bjorn, I did upload him to the DB, but I know some people have dial up, so I try to keep my files as small as I can.

Superb looking unit and animated quite beautifully. An excellent unit all around.:goodjob: :)

Bjornlo said:
4 attacks, eh? Going all out on this one I see... so attackA attackB attackC and defend... and then there is no need to mix and match, all will be used.
How does defend work exactly? Because I don't remember seeing anything about it in that thread on how it exactly works, for it had some random occurances only.

Top Bottom