Late Victorian Greek (1880-1914):

(1914 - ):

Bulgarian uniforms:

Romanian Uniforms:

Romanian Infantry 1913 and Wallachian light infantry

Egyptian / Persian / Central Asian Turkic Uniforms:

Spoiler :
Egyptian Uniforms:

The Egyptian Army of 1882: Officer, in full dress; private in summer uniform.

Nizamior (Nizamiye), Regular Troops of the Turkish Army at Kanka, illustration from The Valley of the Nile in 1848

Persian Uniforms from the Qajar Period (1791-1925):

Forces of the Persian Constitutional Revolution:

Central Asian Turkish Khanates:

Man from Khiva, Emir of Bukhara, Teke Turkmen, Girl from Samarkand, Police Soldier from Bukhara

Central Asian tribal chief and British-Indian officer

USA; Confederate; Californian & Texan Republic Uniforms:

Spoiler :
Confederate (CSA) Uniforms:

Cavalry ................ Infantry .................. Artillery ................... General ............... Officer ................ Cav. Officer

Artillery Captain

Louisiana 'Tigers' Zouaves (CSA)

American (USA) Uniforms:

Uniforms from the US 10th Infantry, 1899

The Iron Brigade

79th New York Volunteer, Highlanders

14th Brooklyn Volunteers

Californian Uniforms:

Texan Uniforms:

French Uniforms:

Spoiler :
French Uniforms:

the french are done, russians next....

@ Tunch Khan; thanks for the contributions, a lot of good stuff there.....much appreciated :goodjob:

any news about russians?

could'a sworn i had posted a prelim shot :confused:, but in any case, they should be out in 1-3 days....

here is a preview of two of the three....(i am at work now, so cant post in game shots)

EDIT: does the guy with the helmet look like his head is too small??

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 3,399
guys in green were armed with smoothbore muskets
riflemen (called 'jagers') were dressed like this:

(crimean war, 1856)

darn killmeplease, killmeplease!....yeah the "officer type" is "in reaity", way off, with the red vest, I am changing it for a more historicaly realistic double botton down green jacket.....chances are i'm going to leave the others green as well for now, possibly, if i do some musketmen (early 1800's), these greens wont have to change much, except for headgear, and i'll revise these riflemen....i found this site, of a re-enactment, showing both unifrom types fighting together, but i do understand your "rifleman vs musket" point

Some images of British;

@ Nutty - Don't use 18th century redcoats to represent 19th century rifleman, that'd just look ******ed.... They should be musketmen? How do you figure? The British Army didn't go uniformwise from fighting Massecussetts minutemen in the 18th Century one second to suddenly fighting Boer farmers wearing Khaki (The Boer war started very last years of the 19th century for the uneducated). And the notion that the Brits were late to adopt rifles and kept using muskets is just plain wrong - the British Army were using Rifles like the Baker in large numbers during wartime operations at the same time that the pre-Civil War U.S. Armies were chasing Indians around the plains with Brown Bess'. Indeed, the Martini-Henry rifle was almost ubiquitous with the British Army of the 19th century.

If you're going to develop a Rifleman unit re-skin for the English civ at all, don't restrict yourself to some Revolutionary War-era imagery. This is after all, a Riflemen development thread, not a Musketmen development thread.

23rd Royal Welch Fusiliers, circa Crimean War 1860s.

2nd Warwickshires, Anglo-Zulu War 1879 (Note that the helmets were actually supposed to be white, but enlisted and NCOs as well as field grade officers often dyed them with tea to make them a khaki colour).

Napoleonic Wars (So the early 1800s), 33rd Foot

If you want the ease of simply porting over a decent English rifleman unit, I think you'll find the Rifleman unit with the black pith helmet used for Avain's QC for Civ4 (in fact a number of Civ4 mods use the same model) is quite accurate, notwithstanding the fact that that the time there was a number of different uniforms that the British used until they truly took steps to standardise uniforms (with the exception of certain accoutrements) in 1905.

the russians are done HERE....

thanks for the continued pics :goodjob:

were you planning on making a combined ethnic rifleman file? if not, it would be great if you would put all of the main riflemen (NOT CSA or alternative units) into a combined file, so that you don't have to turn on all of the seperate mods.

were you planning on making a combined ethnic rifleman file? if not, it would be great if you would put all of the main riflemen (NOT CSA or alternative units) into a combined file, so that you don't have to turn on all of the seperate mods.

yes....I will probably do that when i get them all done.....the "GRAND" goal would be some sort of EDU mod like VD or Diversica for civ5, but with a broken NEXUS viewer (and broken mod tools in general) it's not likely any time soon :mad: :cry: :sad:.....

.....not sure how it would work with the DLCs, that is, would it include spanish, vikings, etc in the same file or require different????? perhaps a more experienced XMLer could do the job ;)

stupid question: How to I install these?

can someone help our freind?....i create them in mod buddy and they r where they are supposed to be but i dont really remember were the "mods" go :blush:

BTW....the egyptians are done!

Top Bottom