Ethnic riflemen development thread

yes....I will probably do that when i get them all done.....the "GRAND" goal would be some sort of EDU mod like VD or Diversica for civ5, but with a broken NEXUS viewer (and broken mod tools in general) it's not likely any time soon :mad: :cry: :sad:.....

.....not sure how it would work with the DLCs, that is, would it include spanish, vikings, etc in the same file or require different????? perhaps a more experienced XMLer could do the job ;)
Hulfgar's Modpack and R.E.D. include almost all your units for those wanting examples.

The DLC use independent files for artdefine, so there's no problem adding one unit mod with them, the problem is to use different units mods together as we can't use independent artdefine for mod...

can someone help our freind?....i create them in mod buddy and they r where they are supposed to be but i dont really remember were the "mods" go :blush:
in the "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS" folder

great ! :goodjob:

persians are DONE

@ Nutty - Don't use 18th century redcoats to represent 19th century rifleman, that'd just look ******ed.... They should be musketmen? How do you figure? The British Army didn't go uniformwise from fighting Massecussetts minutemen in the 18th Century one second to suddenly fighting Boer farmers wearing Khaki (The Boer war started very last years of the 19th century for the uneducated). And the notion that the Brits were late to adopt rifles and kept using muskets is just plain wrong - the British Army were using Rifles like the Baker in large numbers during wartime operations at the same time that the pre-Civil War U.S. Armies were chasing Indians around the plains with Brown Bess'. Indeed, the Martini-Henry rifle was almost ubiquitous with the British Army of the 19th century.

Sorry, Uncle, didn't see this message.

Um, I'm not sure if we have any real disagreement, just that I was talking about the first half of the 19th century, and you're talking about the last half.

I was saying that there is a quality redcoat unit from Colonization which has already been converted that I think works well for English musketmen. My tacit point (which was evidently unclear) is that we ought to make it easy to visually distinguish the English redcoat musketmen from the English riflemen unit.

Before this thread started, I began modelling a couple of units circa the Napoleonic Wars. The English one was a "greencoat" unit representing the light infantry (skirmishers) of the 95th Rifles and the 60th Regiment of Foot.

Yes, the Brits were early adopters, not late. But the regular infantry were using smoothbore muskets until the army started rolling out Enfields, quicker-loading Minie rifles, in 1851, and they still hadn't finished the change until after the Crimean War.

japanese are HERE

Bernie all your Riflemen are first class!

Do you need more pics and if so which nations would you like ?

When you're done with riflemen would you do some napoleonic era musketmen (line infantry)?
If so I can provide you with uniforms pics from the armies involved in Waterloo.

Sorry, Uncle, didn't see this message.

Um, I'm not sure if we have any real disagreement, just that I was talking about the first half of the 19th century, and you're talking about the last half.

I was saying that there is a quality redcoat unit from Colonization which has already been converted that I think works well for English musketmen. My tacit point (which was evidently unclear) is that we ought to make it easy to visually distinguish the English redcoat musketmen from the English riflemen unit.

Before this thread started, I began modelling a couple of units circa the Napoleonic Wars. The English one was a "greencoat" unit representing the light infantry (skirmishers) of the 95th Rifles and the 60th Regiment of Foot.

Yes, the Brits were early adopters, not late. But the regular infantry were using smoothbore muskets until the army started rolling out Enfields, quicker-loading Minie rifles, in 1851, and they still hadn't finished the change until after the Crimean War.

Yeah sounds fair enough mate, and you're right we don't disagree really :) I just think it'd be a shame to see a Rifleman unit wearing a tri-corner hat... ;)

Picts from french and english colonies :

For Asia :

China :

Vietnâm :

Tonkin :

For Afrika :
Senegal

Somalia

King's Afrikans Rifles

India :

hello bernie14!
could you please model a line infantry unit?
i need it for my mod

Bernie all your Riflemen are first class!

Do you need more pics and if so which nations would you like ?

When you're done with riflemen would you do some napoleonic era musketmen (line infantry)?
If so I can provide you with uniforms pics from the armies involved in Waterloo.

seems napoleonic requests are a plenty!!!!!

@killmeplease and Hulfgar....start up another thread for musketmen with priority to the napoleonic types you would like and i will get to them after my current project.....

hit a little snag with the iroquois and alpha textures (seems like the transparencies dont work with the fbx or gr2s) in addition, have not had alot of time to play, so....:sad:

in any case, he is a preview of 2/3 of the iroquiois so far......:)

PS AWESOME pics posted!!!!

got enough brits...great indians, africans and asians!!!

any arabs?

another Senegalese :

now for Arabia :

Spahis :

They are not exactly arabian riflemen but the dress should be quite the same. Probably with less blue/white/red because the troops above are french colonial troops from north afrika (Algeria I think).

Arabian riflemen would probably have more white or sand colors.

Spahis from Morocco :

ok the iroquois are done....HERE

i will be working on the napoleonic era "musketmen" next......

Greek riflemen to fight with those Ottomans on the first page.

http://www.army.gr/default.php?pname=1868_1910_upaks&la=1

Translation from left to right:

Infantryman 1868,
Mounted artillery sergeant 1897,
Artillery Corporal,
Infantryman 1897(RECOMMENDED, the only "infantryman of the period to have taken part in a war, check the NCO, 3 men on the right as well),
Evzone light infantry Corporal 1897,
Royal Guard Evzone,
Infantry Master Sergeant 1897,
Cavalry Corporal in Dress uniform 1897,
Cavalryman campaign uniform 1897,
Artilleryman 1897,
Engineer corps 1897,
Field medic,
Infantry musician 3rd class.

I have more pics for Greek riflemen of the period. I suppose the Greek version is pretty easy to do compared to the Russians and Ottomans.
Needless to say your work is truly amazing.

thanks again for pics :goodjob::goodjob:

@ Palaiologos2....I am thinking of doing the Infantryman 1897, the Evzone light infantry Corporal and the Infantry Master Sergeant 1897

Top Bottom