Australia Ideology War

Colt374

Chieftain
Australian Ideology War v.1.1

The scenario of a civil war in Australia between Republicans and Monarchists.

****** Version 1.1 now released!!!!!!********

This scenario made for CIV III PTW - specifically V.1.21.

Download Here : Australia Ideology War V1.1 (approx. 18 Meg)

Welcome to the first ever (that I know of) Australian Civil War Scenario. It is my first major mod, and I now present it to you all for your enjoyment and/or frustration.

This is based on a hypothetical what-if premise.... For all those that don't know recent Aussie history, there was a referendum back in 1999 (or around there) to see if Australia should become a Republic or should stay a Constitutional Monarchy (It was a pretty contentious issue). In the event, the Monarchists won by 52% to 47%, or around that figure. At the time there was a bit of an uproar about how badly worded the referendum was, and how it was biased toward the monarchists. But everything stayed the same.

In this scenario, history has taken a slightly different course, and war has actually broken out between the two above-mentioned factions. The Republicans would not accept the results of the referendum as it was so biased, and have declared their own republic. Cities have made allegience to one side or the other. State borders no longer exist. Sydney is the captial of the Republican uprising, while Canberra remains the capital of the Monarchists. Expect a lot of confused, close-in fighting. And good luck trying to get the resources together to build those modern units.... some resources are only found in certain locations in Australia, and this scenario reflects their locations pretty accurately, (except oil, since all we have are off-shore drilling rigs in OZ). So make sure you hang onto those outback towns or you'll never get your hands on things like oil or uranium. Expect a fight and a half with masses of infantry for awhile at the start, too.

To make it even worse, the aborigines have risen up in Central Australia to claim their land back. So there are 3 civs only in this mod. It really is more of a war game than a Civ game.

At the moment it is set to play as the republicans. If you wish to play as the Monarchists or the Aborigines, you can do so just by changing the Human player setting in CIV3XEdit, (under Player Properties), and starting the scenario. Be warned the Aboriginies are not really meant to be played.

Please let me know of any errors or inconsistencies. Thanks.

- Colt374

P.S. I'll get some screenshots up in the next few days.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS : Unzip archive to your /Civ3PTW/Scenarios folder.
Changes List

V.1.1 ...
*Added Leaderheads for each Civ. Thanks for this Maciek!.
*Increased defensive bonuses for cities.
*Corrected some units availability settings.
*Changed Governments so Const.Monarchy and Republic are identical.
*Despotic (aboriginal) changed to be more inline with other two govs.
*Added settlers back into game but only for Aboriginal civ.

v.1.0 ...
* Added map.
* Added Western European, U.K andd U.S units from World 2003.
* Altered some resources. Altered some techs to suit, (cant remember which.
* Removed all civs except three.
* Changed remaining civs to Aboriginal, monarchist and Republican.
* Removed Settlers.
* Increased Tech costs.
* Increased worker action time.
* Other various minor changes (which I can't recall so they don't get listed)

************************************************** THANKS GO TO :

Sir Eric - for his great OZ map that I have based this scenario on.
The World2003 Scenario team - for some of the units and ideas in my game which I borrowed from the World2003 scenario, (excellent scenario BTW - check it out). Thank you so much for your help and additions guys!
My Wife - Who puts up with my making mods every evening. :)

Please note : This software is based on World 2003 Copyright (c) Maciek Plewa, Christopher Sharp. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorised distribution, modification for non-personal use, and/or creation of derivative works without copyright holders' permission is prohibited.

LOOK OUT FOR MY NEXT AUSSIE WAR MOD - Australian States Civil War.

Edited to fix download link. 18/8/03
Edited to add copyright notice for World 2003. 20/8/03
Edited for Version 1.1 release. 25/08/03

Well I just played a couple of go's and I thought it was great!!

I liked Snoopy's terrain graphics and I thought that the geographical changes were good too. :goojob:
Cant wait to finish it.

Sounds interesting, i didnt even know australia was a constitutional monarchy.

Yep, we certainly are a Constitutional Monarchy. We have a constitution and our head of state is the Queen of England. A lot of people are still fighting to get Australia made a Republic though despite the referendum results.

This looks really cool :goodjob: well done. Seeing as I'm english i guess I'll have to be the monarchists!

G'day Colt, I have civIII heroes and am having trouble installing your scenario. Have I got the wrong game? Regards, coyzee.

One more thing Colt, we do have oil on the mainland. There are a number of exploration rigs that are pumping oil around the curtain area in north western australia. Regards, coyzee.

Hey Colt,

I have converted this to a .biq file and now playing on both a PC and a Mac - a pretty cool senario. I was thinking of making a few changes, updating some files (but not really changing anything major) - a version 2 I suppose, is this ok? (although I realise its been quite a while anyone's been on here I really like this senario)

I would have to say hes probable not around anyomore. Its been 5 months since hes last been on the forum...

Hey Colt,

I have converted this to a .biq file and now playing on both a PC and a Mac - a pretty cool senario. I was thinking of making a few changes, updating some files (but not really changing anything major) - a version 2 I suppose, is this ok? (although I realise its been quite a while anyone's been on here I really like this senario)

You could always sent him an email through his profile.

Top Bottom