New Unit: Lycon Legion 08/29/04

A Viking Yeti

Carnal Leviathan
This is a werewolf-swordsman replacement unit I made for the CFC User's Mod (see my sig)... The cape is now all civ colored. Also, sorry for the very dark civ colors. I may fix that in a little while, but I don't have the time nor initiative to do it now.

Anyway, it come with all the .pcx's and required file, but the sounds just link over to the legionary sounds. It'd be great if someone could make custom sounds for 'em ;)... Special thanks to Dease, Husky, Muffins and everyone else in the OpenFX help thread, and everyone else that helped me with my many mess-ups that I forgot to mention.

Questions, comments, and complaints are all welcome... Well, maybe not complaints :p. :joke:

EDIT: Forgot the preview :p...

UPDATED: Fixed the .ini, sounds should work now, sorry 'bout that.

Lycon Legion 1.1

Attachments

• lyconlgionpreview.gif
    lyconlgionpreview.gif
    65.1 KB · Views: 3,820
question

is it just me or is he green? werewolf right?

comment

love the long sword... civ swords are all short... too short... and this is from an asian guy... (jk.. all other asians.. please dont kill me :cry: )

complaint

nothing major to complain about.
awww. shucks... :p

nameless53 said:
question

is it just me or is he green? werewolf right?

Uh... Really? I thought he looked grey. There isn't any green in the palette, other than the smoke colors, so it may just be you ;).

nameless53 said:
comment

love the long sword... civ swords are all short... too short... and this is from an asian guy... (jk.. all other asians.. please dont kill me :cry: )

:lol: Yeah, I think the civ swords (other than maybe the swordsman's) are too short, though I prefer long swords... Wow, that sounded bad. Swords, as in made of steel, just to make sure no one's thinking anything else *cough* namelesss *cough cough* :D...

nameless53 said:
complaint

nothing major to complain about.
awww. shucks... :p

Yay!

whaaaa!

dom called me color blind....

no it still looks green!!!!

its like .. um... a ugly green.. like mold... on bread...

The full name for this unit is the Lycontine Legionnaire. I thought of the original idea for this unit.

Here's some wolf noises (from Black & White) that could be used.

Yeah, but I'm too lazy to type the whole thing :p... Actually I used "lycon" since in just means "wolf", so "wolf legion". And I forgot all about the "naire" part. Thanks for the sounds, by the way.

I've been hoping for a werewolf unit for some time, but this isn't unfortunately the kind of werewolf I had in mind. ;) Unit looks good though. :goodjob:

Chukchi_Husky said:
The full name for this unit is the Lycontine Legionnaire. I thought of the original idea for this unit.

Here's some wolf noises (from Black & White) that could be used.

Actually, someone else already came up with something similar: http://www.palladiumbooks.com

In the Rifts RPG(r) and Palladium Fantasy RPG(r), both of which are published by Palladium Books, there is a race of humanoid wolves called the Wolven. The wolven have a culture and government that's similar to the ancient Roman Empire. As a matter of fact, when Earth gets virtually wiped out by a massive magical cataclysm in the late 21st century (Rifts(r) timeline), one of the few surviving pockets of human civilization is the Itallian penninsula. When the cataclysm went off, rifts to other places and dimensions (including Hades) opened up, and many supernatural creatures and aliens came to Earth. In this game's timeline, the Wolven, who are originally from Palladium World, came through a rift to Italy, where they helped the humans rebuild and form the New Roman Republic (with power armor that looks like Roman and Wolven Legionaries).

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about doing a Rifts (r) mod, if I can get Palladium's permission, and If so, I'll use this as one of the UU's for the New Roman Republic in that mod (it'll be called the Wolven Legionary).

Oh, and Nice unit, BTW. :goodjob:

Great unit :goodjob: The attacks are my favorite
The death is rather abrupt, but overall I like it :D

have you tested those sounds ingame? quickly looking at the .ini I don't think they're reffering to the correct directory :hmm:

Hikaro Takayama said:
In the Rifts RPG(r) and Palladium Fantasy RPG(r), both of which are published by Palladium Books, there is a race of humanoid wolves called the Wolven. The wolven have a culture and government that's similar to the ancient Roman Empire. As a matter of fact, when Earth gets virtually wiped out by a massive magical cataclysm in the late 21st century (Rifts(r) timeline), one of the few surviving pockets of human civilization is the Itallian penninsula. When the cataclysm went off, rifts to other places and dimensions (including Hades) opened up, and many supernatural creatures and aliens came to Earth. In this game's timeline, the Wolven, who are originally from Palladium World, came through a rift to Italy, where they helped the humans rebuild and form the New Roman Republic (with power armor that looks like Roman and Wolven Legionaries).
My idea is similar, but different, as my idea is alternative history (read the civilopaedia). I couldn't write all the history as I reached the caracter limit.
I never heard of Rifts until now (probably because I live in England).

Dease said:
Great unit :goodjob: The attacks are my favorite
The death is rather abrupt, but overall I like it :D

have you tested those sounds ingame? quickly looking at the .ini I don't think they're reffering to the correct directory :hmm:

No, haven't tried the unit out in-game yet. Didn't think the sounds were off, but I'll check. If it is, sorry 'bout that.

BTW: Attacks are my favs too :)...

I copied the sound file names directly from the legionary .ini file, so I know they aren't off; the directories I typed in by hand, but I can't see anything wrong with them. Exactly what looks off about them :confused: ?

A Viking Yeti said:
I copied the sound file names directly from the legionary .ini file, so I know they aren't off; the directories I typed in by hand, but I can't see anything wrong with them. Exactly what looks off about them :confused: ?
..Civilization III\Art\Units\LegionaryRun.amb
should be ..Civilization III\Art\Units\Legionary\LegionaryRun.amb

the way I would do it is ..\Legionary\LegionaryRun.amb

Top Bottom