New Unit: Lycon Legion 08/29/04

Very cool unit :)

i suggest you change the name though, to either:

Lykos (greek) legion

or

Lupus (latin) legion

some more lycophiliac info:

* werewolf in greek is "lykanthropos", as in misanthrop(os) which is hater of men-people.

*a well-known misanthropic (see how everthing links to everything else :lol: ) latin saying is: "homo est lupus homini" (man is wolf to man), or in another version: "homo homini lupus" (man is man's wolf)

*there are a myriad old popular tales throughout europe of people being transormed to werewolves after dark. In the balcans a very popular twist in such stories is that it is the woman that gets transformed into a wolf.

*a wolf is a very strong symbol of many things, particularly of things of sexual nature, but also symbolises the outcast.
It isnt at all strange that wolves are very often characters in cartoons; a wolf pack can also be seen as a parallelism of elementary or highschool groups of pupils & surely everyone has once felt as if they were just that, when being approached by such a hostile group

edit: ah, im sorry, i didnt realise that the last post here was from so long ago. this makes this a real :bump:

Yes, but since it was bumped I'll respond. The word Lycon here is a shorter version of Lycanthropes, which is possibley a modern conversion of that greek word you mentioned. It might not be totally accurate in terms of history, but in D&D it fits perfect. A Lupin in D&D is an enemy to the Werewolf, which belongs to the family of Lycanthropes in D&D. Obviously I'm not talking about anything in a school book, but in a game, which this units suites perfectly to me. ;) So in effect, I'm not saying you are incorrect, so don't take it that way, I'm just referring to the reasoning behind the name it has now.

Top Bottom