1.0.0.17 patch?

pulzar

Chieftain
Steam just downloaded an update before I started Civ 5, and I think the version went from 1.0.0.7 to 1.0.0.17... I'm not 100% sure what the original version was.

Was there a patch released this morning? I can't find any news on it.

It seems to have at least 2 serious problems. One is you now do not have citizen bust and have no means to move citizens to other tiles or structures.

The other is it does not paint the screen fully.

It is even more serious for me. The game crashes to desktop before I even get past the intro video (and disabling it just gets me a black screen that crashes). The game worked fine for me previously.

It is even more serious for me. The game crashes to desktop before I even get past the intro video (and disabling it just gets me a black screen that crashes). The game worked fine for me previously.

I seem to have the same problem.

How do I make Steam stop sychronizing? It's been sychronizing for hours and it's preventing the update (1.0.0.17) from applying.

Thanks in advance

Since this patch has been installed I now find that every time I verify the integrity of the game cache it will fail to verify one file and thus re-download it (this will repeat each time I then try and verify the cache). To try and resolve this I deleted the local files and so downloaded the whole game again, including the latest patch this time.

However it still has the same problem when verifying the game cache.! So I now refrain from doing that knowing it is just going to repeat the same cycle of re-downloading whatever file is causing the error.

Top Bottom