[LP] May 2023 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

It seems like now each first Great Admiral triggers the Elizabeth's ablity, they've changed the ability description and some requirements.
Notably, they actually added a new requirement type to the game core: REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_HAS_GREAT_PERSON_CLASS

New modifier effect types or requirement types being added is fairly unusual for the LP and wasn't done for any of the new leaders' abilities otherwise. Such DLL edits or fixes were only done as part of the base game patch that came with the Great Warlords pack, I think.

While I understand the goal of minimizing the work done, it just seems simple at this point to have the handful of people fixing the bugs simply copy/paste a list of what they're updating. We're not talking about a huge amount of effort here.

Not producing patch notes is a huge pet peeve of mine. I'm little more forgiving when there's a massive amount of changes. I'm fine with some generalizations or even a few errors if they're actively iterating on numbers which I've seen plenty of times.

But bug fixes should be pretty clean. You've got a ticket for a bug. If you close the ticket, say you fixed the issue.

While I understand the goal of minimizing the work done, it just seems simple at this point to have the handful of people fixing the bugs simply copy/paste a list of what they're updating. We're not talking about a huge amount of effort here.

Not producing patch notes is a huge pet peeve of mine. I'm little more forgiving when there's a massive amount of changes. I'm fine with some generalizations or even a few errors if they're actively iterating on numbers which I've seen plenty of times.

But bug fixes should be pretty clean. You've got a ticket for a bug. If you close the ticket, say you fixed the issue.

Patch Notes would also be particularly appreciated for console users whom haven't had any official gameplay bug fixes since April 2021.

Also got an update on Mac. Maybe this is bundled with the April update for us? Although I can't check now.

Indeed, RulersOfEngland_Leaders.xml, RulersOfEngland_Modifiers.xml, RulersOfEngland_ConfigText.xml (and associated translations) seem to have been changed by the 41.2 MB paths. Bigger updates may be due to the patch verifying the game files and replacing any or part of the files you might have modified. I'm already used to it - I've modified the player colors directly in the game XML, and I need to review if they have been reverted every patch (yep, maybe it's not the best to do)

Top Bottom