[LP] May 2023 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

Chiss5618

Chieftain
Moderator Action: A small unannounced and unadvertised patch dropped shortly after 12pm ET today. Specific details on what has been updated are unavailable currently, though the issue with Elizabeth's Great Admiral ability not proccing with certain GAs appears to have been corrected.

Everyone on PC should have received a 41.32 MB download. It also appears consoles have received an update as well.
Game version has been updated to - 1.0.12.46

Moderator Action: Original post follows:

Anyone else just receive a 1.2 GB update to the game? Steam DB reports that an update was released roughly 15 minutes ago. Does anyone know anything about this, or are we going to have to wait for patch notes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious that there is no social media post promoting this.

Based on the SteamDB activity for the past few weeks, I anticipated that this patch would focus on restoring cross-platform multi-player.

For me it was 41.3 MB update.
The game version now is 1.0.12.46
No other info, but it hasn't reenabled my disabled mods, like scout cat, thanks for that.

Last edited:
FWIW, my Civ6 got a download of only 41.32 MB. Steam.

That's especially bizarre...
it is.. but i got it at around 11-12am eastern today.

my xbox series x version is now 1.1.2 (363035)

i dont know what the version number was prior. the update was unexpected.

edit: i use mac too.. that version is still 1.012.43 (361092.84) metal.. so consoles are now on a newer version than mac (at least on xbox).. i know aspyr on mac and console. i wonder what's doing?

Last edited:
Hello Civ 6 Fans,

Yep...just downloaded and updated with a 41.3 MB patch. Also my version is now 1.0.12.46
Wish we all got a 3 gig patch and opened up the menu with 6 or 7 new Civ's to play or a 100 turn max vanilla beta of Civ 7 so we can see what they have thus far in the works.

Hope to see what the update is all about and if it really does anything for single player which I am.

Brew God

Hello Civ 6 Fans,

Yep...just downloaded and updated with a 41.3 MB patch. Also my version is now 1.0.12.46
Wish we all got a 3 gig patch and opened up the menu with 6 or 7 new Civ's to play or a 100 turn max vanilla beta of Civ 7 so we can see what they have thus far in the works.

Hope to see what the update is all about and if it really does anything for single player which I am.

Brew God
I'd be happy if they fixed most of the game stability problems introduced in the 2021 patch

Yeah, I've just noticed the same. Finally! I can retire my mod that fixed that :)
If they changed anything else and you happen to notice, please let us now. :) on my wildest dreams they also change her agenda to tie it with trade deals instead of trade routes

Praying that they fixed the multiplayer not working on PlayStation systems...

Top Bottom