2014 US Midterm Election Results & Discussion Thread

New Hampshire is seeing/expecting over 50% turnout. Not sure yet whether the general turnout leans R. Of the four statewide/federal races (all four Dem incumbents), one US-Rep race is better than even odds for the R to win, the governor and the US Senator (Shaheen vs Brown) are ever so slightly leaning to the incumbents in day-prior polling, and the other US-Rep race has the Dem up by 10 points.

I'm wondering whether Shaheen's well-established get-out-the-vote machine will overcome a complete meh attitude with the state's Democratic base...

The exit poll looks good for Shaheen in NH (+2?) and Hagan in NC (+3?), which is good news for the Dems coming on the heels of the quick call in Kentucky. I don't think the polls were heavily weighted to either side.

Oh, missed this: Tommy Corbett, GOP governor of Pennsylvania, has been defeated by The Bearded One.

While I agree that's wrong, I don't really see how it is any different for ALL of the news organizations to do exit polling and results for Presidential races for States that have finished but while other States are still voting. A race is going on and results are being given. That's always wrong, but I don't see a big uproar about it.

P.S. - You should follow it on BBC World News. That's what I'm doing.

Rick Scott's reelection campaign song should be "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson.

EDIT: I have a bunch of websites open, adding BBC to the mix.

The exit poll looks good for Shaheen in NH (+2?) and Hagan in NC (+3?), which is good news for the Dems coming on the heels of the quick call in Kentucky. I don't think the polls were heavily weighted to either side.

Maybe a little to the Republicans, based on the NH vote so far. Of course, it matters how it breaks down. In any event, bias does look slight, at least in the first test. That will be more relevant in the state races, because it looks like the Republicans will take the Senate. Kentucky and Arkansas were two states where the Democrats had a chance and both are called early.

J

Maybe a little to the Republicans, based on the NH vote so far. Of course, it matters how it breaks down. In any event, bias does look slight, at least in the first test. That will be more relevant in the state races, because it looks like the Republicans will take the Senate. Kentucky and Arkansas were two states where the Democrats had a chance and both are called early.

J

Possible. We need the final margins to know for sure, but Shaheen is leading by 6ish points right now. It's looking like she will hold her seat.

J

Kentucky and Arkansas were relative longshots for the Dems so far as the competitive races went.

That's too bad. It's interesting to watch foreigners cover it. I'm bouncing between that and another "alternate" news channel. Not sure how many people even know it exists, but it's called "One America News Network." Not sure how to describe it yet. Right now, they're interviewing Bill Richardson on BBCWN.

Possible. We need the final margins to know for sure, but Shaheen is leading by 6ish points right now. It's looking like she will hold her seat.

Easily. If she were only leading by a couple of points, it would look much worse for blue team. Hagen is getting some breathing room in NC, so the Democrats will likely hold serve on those two. The shocker of the election is Virginia. It is beginning to look like Gillespie will pull the upset.

It looks like Kansas will have a Democrat as Governor. The Senate races is dead even early, so I expect the lack of a rural political machine to be fatal for Independent Orman.

I have to love the first report on the Montana gubernatorial race--Gosar leading Mead 6 votes to 5. It's listed as 1% reporting. That would project to about 2000 votes for the whole state.

J

Rob Ford eat your heart out, Buddy Cianci is leading in the polls in the Providence mayoral race.

Kentucky and Arkansas were relative longshots for the Dems so far as the competitive races went.

Yeah, GA and possibly KS have better odds. And IA and CO are basically required for them to hold the Senate.

That's too bad. It's interesting to watch foreigners cover it. I'm bouncing between that and another "alternate" news channel. Not sure how many people even know it exists, but it's called "One America News Network." Not sure how to describe it yet. Right now, they're interviewing Bill Richardson on BBCWN.

Never heard of that one either. My basic package here has about 50 channels, mostly the old standbys.

Easily. If she were only leading by a couple of points, it would look much worse for blue team. Hagen is getting some breathing room in NC, so the Democrats will likely hold serve on those two. The shocker of the election is Virginia. It is beginning to look like Gillespie will pull the upset.

J

The GOP usually leads on election night until the Washington suburbs come in. Don't jump to conclusions on that one.

Also, it looks like Massachusetts will get its first gay attorney general.

Top Bottom