Random Rants XV: Like a Fine Whine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill3000

OOOH NOOOOOOO!
Supporter
Previous thread

Post whatever you happen to be angry/sad about or have a problem with right now.

Giving advice is fine, but please try not to hurt anyone's feelings, lest you feel the wrath of the mods.

Rant: Stupid final papers. Stupid philosophy professor. I know this isn't a new rant, but it's a continuously aggravating one that has poisoned my mind. :mad:

Also, stupid Europa Universalis: Rome game constantly crashing. :mad:

Back to my ranting form (surprisingly non-angsty):

Why the hell does the local supermarket have to play such CRAPPY FRICKIN' MUSIC? Sure. People want to listen to music when they shop. But not music that absolutely sucks ass like the type you play. Does anybody want to hear slushy 80s love songs or horrible pop of the early 2000s to late 1990s? No. So turn that crap off and play some good music.

Back to my ranting form (surprisingly non-angsty):

Why the hell does the local supermarket have to play such CRAPPY FRICKIN' MUSIC? Sure. People want to listen to music when they shop. But not music that absolutely sucks ass like the type you play. Does anybody want to hear slushy 80s love songs or horrible pop of the early 2000s to late 1990s? No. So turn that crap off and play some good music.

Uh, yes.

--

It just may be that your music is coming from Muzak Holdings, a company! When you're shopping, you don't want people to be rockin' to the sounds of Aerosmith or some genuinely good music. Rather, you want them to be calm, mellow, and unthinking. What this company does is take songs that people know and smooth them out, making them incredibly bland and boring. This helps the music to blend into the background--and people listening to slower, relaxed music tend to browse longer.

those geek squad ******s changed my computer and purposely prevents paint shop pro (9.1) from running on my computer, and no one can help me fix it! [pissed]

We need to have the next rants thread be titled "I hate Drinks with Ice in Them!":lol:

:lol: Yes I believe that is now required for the next Rants thread. If it is not titled this, then I will exercise my freedom of speech, calling the OP dirty things like "silly" and "foolish"!!!

If the next rant thread is not titled this, it will be declared illegitimate by the order of the Rant God and ignored. "I Hate Drinks with Ice in Them!" is the only title that shall be accepted.

I rant that this title was not used, as earlier said that it would be.

I also rant that although I have reached 5,000 posts, that goes down by about 50 when the last thread gets archived.

And oh yeah, the Funny Pics thread just sent my computer into an infinite loop.

It just may be that your music is coming from Muzak Holdings, a company! When you're shopping, you don't want people to be rockin' to the sounds of Aerosmith or some genuinely good music. Rather, you want them to be calm, mellow, and unthinking. What this company does is take songs that people know and smooth them out, making them incredibly bland and boring. This helps the music to blend into the background--and people listening to slower, relaxed music tend to browse longer.

Surprisingly, it's not elevator music. It's worse.

I was shopping at Best Buy once and they were blaring some horrid speedy/death type metal music out of the store speakers. It gave me a headache and drove me from the store. They lost a sale to me that day because they were not playing quiet, peaceful music.

I know exactly what you mean, the worst part is that the price keeps drawing me back. :mad:
It's like they don't even want to cut my beard. They have this big attitude. And how am I supposed to work with only two blades? Like I'm a freakin' caveman. I need at least 3 to do this properly. :gripe:

I'm moving once again! Just when I finally got settled enough I thought I was gunna' make my re-enterance into the OT, too. Oh well.... at least on the bright-side I'll leave this cursed Red State.... the only problem..... there's a chance I go to the even more accursed Red State directly to the north :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom