Altered Maps IX: Playing Musical Chairs with the Landmasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee Kay

Three days sober
Welcome to the Altered Maps thread the Ninth, part of a long-running series which is now listed fourth in the Google Search for Altered Maps. (Yay). Here we invite you to post interesting, unusual, strange, altered, ahistorical or historical maps.

Altered Maps (the original!)
Altered Maps 2: Uber-Yugoslavia FTW
Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!
Altered Maps 4: Partitioning Eastern Europe Like In The Good Old Days
Altered Maps V: The Molotov-Threadentropp Pact
Altered Maps VI: Xorda Gene Bombs.. going from Earth to Mobius
Altered Maps VII: Making the World a Better Place
Altered Maps VIII: World borders just got garbage-dayed

Dislike the world's borders? Tired of the same old conflicts? Redraw the map yourself! Here are some blank maps to get you started.

Spoiler Warning, maps! :

More blank maps HERE

The European Union, 19th Century Frenchman style

I am proud to report that a Google Image search for "Altered Maps" now gives me a map you made as the first result. :clap:

Haters gonna hate Veliky Novgorod. Nizhny Novgorod is Russia's Detroit.

Yes, I thought that was a bit of a strange choice. And labelling it as "Novgorod" rather than its proper name. Also strange: Belgrade as the capital of Greece (central location I guess). I'm guessing Poland and Circassia built new capitals.

I am proud to report that a Google Image search for "Altered Maps" now gives me a map you made as the first result. :clap:

So it does! :p

I can't seem to be able to post it here though. In fact, I can't access my Photobucket account at all.

Edit: found the problem. Here it is. I think it's an ahistorical scenario where Japan didn't become isolationist.

Spoiler :

Why does "Isles Britaniques" extend all the way to Iceland?

Check "Thread Tools" in the top right-hand corner of the thread. There you'll find "Subscribe to Thread".

Canada divided by zero?

Check "Thread Tools" in the top right-hand corner of the thread. There you'll find "Subscribe to Thread".

What about if you don't want to actually subscribe to a thread, you just want to have the thread marked as one you have posted in? I don't subscribe to many threads, but I like to know if there are threads that I've posted in before when looking through OT.

btw, that is largely the purpose of this post.

That I am :p I wasn't anywhere near the explosions:

"Första" = First
"Andra" = Second
"Den" = The

You can figure out the rest.

I hadn't heard about the two explosions until just now when I checked the BBC news. I'm glad you're all right, Yared.

I didn't know about it until I read this thread. :crazyeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom