RANDOM RANTS XLVI: Slightly More Than a Month-ly Edition #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joecoolyo

99% Lightspeed
CONGRATULATIONS OT​
We Did It!​

We have the thread nailed down to hitting its limit in slightly more than a month!

Next goal: Monthly edition! Reach goal: Weekly edition!​

Previous Editions​
Random Rants (The Original!)
Random Rants Two
Random Rants 3
Random Rants 4: Keep Complaining
Random @#%& rants 5: Life is a female dog.
Random Rants VI: See, this is why we can't have nice things!
Random Rants VII: Why do they ALWAYS do that?!
Random Rantii VIII: When will Latin DIE?
Random Rants IX: I'm Mad As Hell, And I'm Not Gonna Take It Anymore!
Random Rants X: Mraarrrrrrr!!!!!!
Random Rants XI: This Title Actually Has Some Imagination
Random Rants XII: It's Alright To Cry
Random Rants XIII: I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
Random Rants XIV: You're gonna love my nuts
Random Rants XV: Like a Fine Whine
Random Rants XVI: Whambulance Dispatch Center
Random Rants XVII: Rage Against The Machine
Random Rants XVIII: It's cold as hell!
Random Rants XIX: Failure Tactics
Random Rants XX: I CAN'T FIND MY FAGS!!!
RANDOM RANTS XXI: Relapse
RANDOM RANTS XXII: The Angry Dome
RANDOM RANTS 23: Christ, you know it ain't easy!
Random Rants #XXIV - The Angry Mob
RANDOM RANTS XXV: Put a Smile On
RANDOM RANTS XXVI: Those Damned Kids!
Random Rants XXVII: The Rent Is Too Damn High!
RANDOM RANTS XXVIII: Everything is Flammable
Random Rants XXIX: Watch your %*$@ Language!
RANDOM RANTS XXX: age-restricted
RANDOM ANTS XXXI: I hate my job
RANDOM RANTS XXXII: I'm In a Glass Case of Emotion!
RANDOM RANTS XXXIII: World, Y U make me fed up wit U?!!
Random Rants XXXIV: Severe Cussing and VERY Illegal Pony Fights
Random Rants XXXV: BANNED IN THE UK
Random Rants XXXVI: Can't Sleep, Clown Will Eat Me
Random Rants XXXVII: The Server Is Too Busy
Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems
Random Rants XXXIX: Coming up with a title is stressful
Random Rants XL: I'm having trouble growing my wood
Random Rants XLI: Life won't take the lemons back!
Random Rants XLII: The Four-Part Plan
Random Rants XLIII: So Much Whinging Your Head May Explode
Random Rants XLIV: I Can't Find The Answer
Random Rants XLV: Isn't This Just a Ray of Sunshine?

Rant: A new rant thread...

I thought the title was meant to be a rant? :mad: :p

you forgot the angry red face

What an awful title! :shake:

I was personally hoping for a weekly edition, but you guys don't Rant enough.

Anyways, inaugural Rant:

Spoiler :

Feel like absolute crap, first time in a while. Catalyst is my rhetoric class.

Second in line to give a speech, sounds nice, I get it over with nice and early and don't have to worry. But no, instead I worry more after the speech than I do before I gave it. I have to sit through every single other speech in the class and realize what a crap job I did. I didn't look at the audience enough, I talked too fast, I didn't point out stuff on the board like I planned, I carried my paper up there even though I memorized it, and I watered it down to fit into 5 minutes even though others went on for 10 without issue. And then, one the second day, I get to see the one thing I thought made my speech unique stolen from me and then put into another speech, and she's lauded for it!

Then the teacher decides to go up there and summarize his feelings and praise about each speech on the second day, except he only mentions the ones who went on the second day. I guess the people who went on the first day don't deserve any praise, or pat on the back, not even for going first. We get shrugged off.

I just feel incredibly depressed and unappreciated right now. I put a ton of work into this speech only for it to make me feel like crap. I'm probably going to end up with a B, or a C, just because I didn't get a chance to look at how awful I did and tell myself not to do that, or just outright steal techniques. There goes chance of an A in this class, or a happy spring break.

EDIT: This, and the fact that I feel ignored as well. Nobody really bothers to talk to me, or acknowledge me. I'm just the quiet kid who doesn't deserve any sort of attention. Just more fodder for loneliness.

^ This is the one true Rant Smily.

My left ankle still hurts. I damaged it last year in May in Peru. Nothing specific, just put too much pressure on it over 5 days of crazy hiking. Some tendon in my foot just gave up or something and it's been healing very slowly.

So now I can't go hiking until it's healed.. and it's healing just too slowly. I'm seeing a physio dude about it next week, but I really want it to just heal already.

DISAPPOINTED$!$

I have way too much stuff to do, and absolutely not enough time in which to do it.

So I usually spend all my time, rather than getting anything done, worrying about how I don't have enough time.

I don't like this title either. :mad:

And my favoritest video game of all time that I worship as a LIVING GOD and whom I've enjoyed since elementary school, SimCity, has been RUINED FOREVAAARRRRRR!!![pissed]

I'm out of alcohol. Need to stock up heavily for the glorious Irish holiday soon to be upon me.

First off, title should have been "I DON'T LIKE FOOD ANYMORE!" with the following image:

Anyhow, I had a group presentation today. Wound up giving it alone, because one of the guys was "sick" and the other doesn't speak very good English. The least they could have done was stand up next to me, make me feel less alone. I do feel kind of bad for not giving them more to work with, given that they're both ESL, but I still feel a tad ripped-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom