• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
VP Congress: Session 5, Proposal 36

Patriotic War (Current)

Land Units gains +20% CS when in or adjacent to a city. When you conquer a city for the first time, all units are healed. Can build T-34s

Proposal
Land Units gains +20% CS when in or adjacent to a city. When you conquer a city for the first time, all units units within 3 tiles of the city are healed. Can build T-34s.

Rationale
The healing bonus on this policy is actually very exploitable. It provides a "Sweden-esque" level of healing control (where Sweden can buy a great general late game to insta heal their army whenever they need it). An order player right now can weaken an island city for example, and just leave a small force near by. Then after they have damaged their forces across the world, they can take the city for an immediate insta heal. It is incredibly, sometimes brokenly powerful.

This version maintains the spirit of the proposal, allowing your forces to take a city, instantly recover, and continue pressing. But now its a localized phenomea, so you can no longer take some side city to get the bonus. Its still a very good bonus, but without the exploit.

Last edited by a moderator:
might be easier for coders if the heal affected units on tiles owned by the city.

might be easier for coders if the heal affected units on tiles owned by the city.
maybe only issue with this is that it will be arbitrary to the user what those tiles are, as the conqueror won't know what tiles are there's until the city gets taken over.

If it is significantly easier though I think its a fair compromise.

This isn't hard to code.

This isn't hard to code.
The only reason I say this is because the vanilla belief ability that gave % combat strength for being within X tiles of a city following your religion was changed to being on a tile owned by a city following your religion. The reason given was that it was less computationally intense.

I guess for a rare event like a city capture it matters a lot less, or not at all.

I did not reason there was a map-wide heal on this ability. Totally crackers, must be removed imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom