[Fast Tracked] (6-23) Hideable City Production Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozrael

Chieftain
Add a small, unobtrusive button at the far right of every option in the build menu for a city.
hideoption.png

If you can't see it, it's a tiny x on Settler of a slightly lighter color than the overlay. If you click it, this option disappears from your build menu.

It's a slight mental overhead every time you choose what a city should build next, and you have to filter out options you intend to never pick for this city in the entire game. A smokehouse for a desert city, perhaps. A caravansary for your major port, perhaps. I frequently have cities working a process with a dozen or more options I plan to never select. Hundreds to maybe thousands of times a game I have to take that fraction of a second to sort through them to consider what other option I might prefer.

Of course, this shouldn't be irreversible. I'm frankly not a UI person so don't want to prescribe the solution, but to satisfy the posting requirements perhaps a button near 'reset tiles' in the citizen manager for 'reset hidden build options'. Some way to change your mind or fix a misclick.

The vast majority of the time I bet the vast majority of the players won't care about the existence of this button, so not taking up much screen real estate or attention is important.

I'm not married to any of the particulars of this proposal so long as I have some way to banish an option to the netherrealm, so please lmk if changing any of the specifics would make this a more interesting proposal to you.

if this can be done easily (we would have to track per city so hopefully that is not a big overhead), I would LOVE LOVE LOVE this option so much.

And yes I think the way to do it is include a "reset all hidden options" button. Bonus points if you want to just have a "show hidden options" and then let me unclick each one, but it doesn't need to be that fancy if its extra effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom