A CivFanatic Running for Florida State Legislature

Classic Communist Tankie take, I’m rolling my eyes so hard right now I can see my own optic nerves :rolleyes:. Next thing you’re going to tell me is that China, North Korea, and the USSR are utopias to live up to :rolleyes:. I don't need to be commiesplaned to about my country's past atrocities. If you're not willing to address the atrocities communist regimes have done (and don't spoon feed me the "ThAtS nOt ReAl CoMmUnIsM!" 💩 ), then don't come to my face and commiesplain about my country.
You know, homie, I'm from America. I grew up here. You did too, but as far as I know you've never left. Me, I've lived in China. I've been around the block a couple times. I could tell you some stuff about living in an "authoritarian regime" that would blow your mind. Here's one thing: you know an authoritarian regime usually presents itself internally as a great place to live? Now ask yourself why you think the country you've lived in and hated living in your entire life is still better than China, North Korea, and the USSR.
I know this was directed towards Valka, but I can already smell the smugness oozing from this post.
Wow, really? Quite a nose you got.
I know full well that if you and your ilk ever do get in power, I'd end up going through a Chinese Cultural Revolution style struggle sessions and thrown into the gulags because I once held views that are antithetical to wokeness and that I was a "socially manipulated individual" not fit to operate "the means of production". Not to mention you’d be going after my wealth and property.
Look, I can tell you fantasize about this all the time, but more likely than not you're too insignificant for anyone to bother to want to put into a gulag. If you end up getting put in one, it probably will be because you kept showing up to the party offices giving all kinds of mixed signals about "dose dam guwags >.<" and "pwease dont put me in da guwag uwu~"
Don’t approach me with a smile on your face when you have a pair of handcuffs in one hand and a clipboard of all of my “sins” in another, ready to throw me into the gulags or put me to the wall to be shot by a firing squad.
Trust me buddy, nobody is approaching you with handcuffs and a smile.
The issue I had with the “check your privlage” statement was that it annoyed me to no end when I was working in a crummy retail job and been perpetually underemployed for nearly a decade. I often retort when presented the phrase “How the hell am I privileged?! I’m working a sucky butt retail job on minimum wage, part time, and no benefits (health and dental insurance) for a good decade of my life!!! Do I look like I was born into a family of millionaires/billionaires?!”.

It wasn’t until after I finally got a good paying job that I thought about it again and thought about “privilege” in the wrong way (Growing up, privilege meant a special benefit that can be revoked (I.e. “you will loose your computer privileges if you misbehave”, “it’s a privilege to have a driver’s license, not a right”) and “privileged” was used as a synonym for someone of high wealth and status). I ended up recontectualizing “societal privilege” to mean an advantage (or in gamer speak, a perk) one has to make less academic in my mind.
You've asked this question like, millions of times over the years. I personally have observed many of those interactions play out in real time. Every single time, you've gotten an answer; some patient, though over the years increasingly less so, and I saw get drilled into you multiple times "But it would be worse if you were black," and "That means your interests are aligned with fellow workers, not the elites." And on both of those points, it was weeks if not days if not hours before you were once again back on your bull.

Do you know how many times I stuck up for you to (former) friends of yours? And do you know how much of a jerk I looked like when you proved them right every time? I think you owe me an apology.

Now ask yourself why you think the country you've lived in and hated living in your entire life is still better than China, North Korea, and the USSR.

Do you think that living in North Korea is as good as living in the US?

Do you think that living in North Korea is as good as living in the US?
I think that what the US has done to the Korean people is horrible.

Do you know how many times I stuck up for you to (former) friends of yours? And do you know how much of a jerk I looked like when you proved them right every time? I think you owe me an apology
Why don't you take your personal issues to PM? 💡

Had a few friends from here live in China. Similar to my time living in a country with an officially authoritarian regime, there's a lot of "do what you want" freedom over there, at least in the 2010s. I am all for democracy. I am not for dictatorships. But we imagine daily life under authoritarian regimes differently than it is.

You know, homie, I'm from America. I grew up here. You did too, but as far as I know you've never left. Me, I've lived in China. I've been around the block a couple times. I could tell you some stuff about living in an "authoritarian regime" that would blow your mind. Here's one thing: you know an authoritarian regime usually presents itself internally as a great place to live? Now ask yourself why you think the country you've lived in and hated living in your entire life is still better than China, North Korea, and the USSR.
I'd rather much live in the United States and other liberal democracies than an authoritarian regime like China and the USSR, Thank you very much. I know that I have the freedom in the US to criticize Joe Biden or any other president without fear of getting arrested for dissent. In China, you can't even speak ill of Xi Jinping without incurring the wrath of the CCP (One notable one is a ban on depicting Xi as Winnie the Pooh) and don't get me started with the crackdown and suppression of the 1989 Tiananmen Square protest and massacre and the recent Hong Kong protests.
Look, I can tell you fantasize about this all the time, but more likely than not you're too insignificant for anyone to bother to want to put into a gulag. If you end up getting put in one, it probably will be because you kept showing up to the party offices giving all kinds of mixed signals about "dose dam guwags >.<" and "pwease dont put me in da guwag uwu~"

Trust me buddy, nobody is approaching you with handcuffs and a smile.
Or that I once held "reactionary beliefs". Also, you don't know how I interact with people outside of these boards, especially offline. Also, I don't work in an office anyway. I actually work at a factory floor operating a large CNC machine.
You've asked this question like, millions of times over the years. I personally have observed many of those interactions play out in real time. Every single time, you've gotten an answer; some patient, though over the years increasingly less so, and I saw get drilled into you multiple times "But it would be worse if you were black," and "That means your interests are aligned with fellow workers, not the elites." And on both of those points, it was weeks if not days if not hours before you were once again back on your bull.
I'm just going to leave this here: "Change Gabe's surroundings, and you'll change Gabe". You do not know the conditions that I have gone through in the past year or so has been improving greatly since getting a new job that I can finally get out of the mind funk of retail hell and that I can finally go through a baggage car of issues that I've had.
Do you know how many times I stuck up for you to (former) friends of yours? And do you know how much of a jerk I looked like when you proved them right every time? I think you owe me an apology.
I'm still awaiting one for the constant beratement of social democrats on IOT chat.

Had a few friends from here live in China. Similar to my time living in a country with an officially authoritarian regime, there's a lot of "do what you want" freedom over there, at least in the 2010s. I am all for democracy. I am not for dictatorships. But we imagine daily life under authoritarian regimes differently than it is.

Chinese government generally operates under the bribe system of keeping its population happy, generally there are certain invisible lines that you dont cross to attract the attention of the government
The avg chinese currently do enjoy many freedoms, but also no have a rather consolidated government, where there is little movement and inability to make changes
Again there are benefits but generally with consolidation of power it rarely ends well. Though there are exceptions

Moderator Action: I would recommend that something that looks like it's a private chat should be taken to PMs. Public castigation is rarely a good correction measure.

Why do you care about how many times you looked like a jerk over the internet when your identity is anonymous???

I mean it is a gaming forum after all, nothing serious. Simple child's play.

After reading Crezth's last few posts, I'm hearing the rumbling of tanks.
Not sure why.

hewwo, pwease gib me un tikky to da g-uwu-lawg

huwu, dis pikaxe sew hweavy~

*tink, tink, tink*

Lol, this is fun.

I don't want to live in N. Korea, though. They don't have Internet for posting to civfanatics!

"While there is no doubt the North Korean regime has committed serious human rights abuses,"
Have you ever heard of the United States of America?

Top Bottom