A Jet has destroyed a farm ... okay, now SHOW ME WHERE!!!!

Kolyana

Czarina
So I've just got done with an annoying game. "Annoying" because in a war against France, their Stealth bombers and jets kept on destroying my land improvements. No gripe there ... all is fair in love and war ... but my complaint is that everytime it happened I got this long scrolling list telling me ...

A Bomber has destroyed a farm
A Jet fighter has destroyed a village
A Stealth Bomber has destroyed a ...
And etc, etc etc ...

BUT NONE OF THESE SHOW UP IN THE EVENTS LOG ... or attack log ... or any log.

In essence I had no way of knowing WHERE these attacks occured and I couldn't even click an event to see where they happened.

Please ... add these to the event log so I can go back and find out where it all took place!!

yeah, i got the same mess like yours. i want to know how to solve the problem.

I think the best way to indicate damge to your land, (or other lands) is showing the ground on fire, with smoke rising a little.... at least you know that something is not right on the land and can then save time instead of looking around the map

Good Idea, but something small and not too fance, don´t want Civ4 to get anymore slower than it alrdy is!

That's fine, but the problem I had was that I was on 3 continents and had no idea where to even look ... even using that sort of visual clue (which I like, btw), I'd have to skim over my entire empire looking for out of place tiles.

I have found the lag in the event log to be truly annoying. You here all this junk a turn after it all occurs and yes, you never know where all the stuff occurred, especially by something like an invis unit.

Personally, I'd like to see them implement a new feature that scrolls the screen to the incident and pauses there so you can evaluate what happened. I'm always losing workers and improvements to barbarians that sneak in and do me damage and I just didn't notice the little indicators on screen. There needs to be some improvements in this area of the game so you don't get blindsided so much.

You can usually find them in the log under CTRL+Tab and then jump to it. It is just really annoying that you cannot directly click on it like with green events.

These events aren't even logged, so you certainly can't click on them. They also don't seem to have an animation, or they are ignored by "see enemy movements", because the camera never pans to that spot.

I'd like to see the camera zoomed to the area affected *and* a log entry.

Do you have opponent move animation turned on? I realize it zips by pretty fast, but I find that it helps some to figure out what is happening where.

Yes ... definitively and it works for barbarians and foot soldiers, but not in this instance for plane movement.

Doesn't it show up as a red dot blinking on the mini-map?

I think they all show up, but just that they're so rapid-fire and while you're in the middle of doing something. I believe every single one of them shows up, but you have to have quick enough coordination to not only find the incident circle that pops up, to direct the screen to that place, but you also have to note the place and then click quickly on the next one until they are all done. If you're in an aerial war with someone this is quite impossible to do, and even a great many actions caused by ground units, should they be done continually is enough to screw the process up, because if there's another one in the queue it will then require you to repeat the process quite quickly.

I also think the red dots on the mini-map are temporary too, but may stay there a little while longer. I would prefer something like a very small red 'X' to be placed in the upper right corner of the hexes that had been attacked and stay there for that turn, which could be toggled off if you so choose.

Top Bottom