A New Dawn on Earth and the Space Adventure II

Imp. Knoedel, was you able to open the save?

No, but I also haven't followed any instructions yet. :lol: I'll get back to you once I did.

I am installing the non steam version in "C:\Games" and when it is done I will create a new save and I will provide it here.

Wait a minute, why should I install the mod in the downloads folder if I'm just gonna move it to where it belongs right afterwards anyway? Couldn't I just install it right in BtS' mod folder? If it's for changing the folder's name, yeah I guess UAC won't let you rename anything in the program files folder, but UAC also wouldn't let you move a whole folder into Program Files just like that so this seems kind of a paradox. :confused:

Wait a minute, why should I install the mod in the downloads folder if I'm just gonna move it to where it belongs right afterwards anyway? Couldn't I just install it right in BtS' mod folder? If it's for changing the folder's name, yeah I guess UAC won't let you rename anything in the program files folder, but UAC also wouldn't let you move a whole folder into Program Files just like that so this seems kind of a paradox. :confused:

This procedure worked on my two notebooks and kruver's notebook!

This procedure worked on my two notebooks and kruver's notebook!

And just installing it straight in the Mods folder doesn't because...?

I have installed the non steam version in "C:\Games". What kind of test we can do now?

I tried to open the save created by Nighthawk on the non steam version (in C:\Games) and the protected assets message is still there.

Edit: I opened the save provided by me in this thread, on this non steam version and everything runned ok.

Yes... which I can do... in the mod folder...

I am a team translation member of the mod's new project (Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 2.x) and to test the translations in the game I have the mod's folder named "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn". So, to avoid conflicts, I renamed the folder of the 1.75C version of the mod in the Downloads folder and after I moved it to the definitive mod's folder.

I am a team translation member of the mod's new project (Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 2.x) and to test the translations in the game I have the mod's folder named "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn". So, to avoid conflicts, I renamed the folder of the 1.75C version of the mod in the Downloads folder and after I moved it to the definitive mod's folder.

But... I... You... Uuuuuuurgh fine I will follow your instructions this weekend sometime.

You can do that, Mr Knoedel. My system is so peculiar there's no way the mod will work at all if it depends on assumptions like that, so I'll do it the direct way. If mine works, everybody learns and you lose 3 minutes. WAHAHAHAHAH!

edit: Beyond The Sword cannot start. Initialize Renderer failed. I got this error when trying to make other mods like Final Frontier work, too.

I'd greatly appreciate advice how to back out of these changes. Just switch off the beta mode for BTS?

edit: Ok, I really really want this to work, so I'm still trying. But I would appreciate that backout advice.

All right, I'm giving this one more try.

I'm redownloading the mod installer, which will take a few night hours ahead, if I'm lucky. So I'll only be able to follow the other test intructions on the next night (~23hrs from now).

But I must say I'm not using a steam version and all my file paths are personally customized. You see, I rather keep the downloaded files and the game files on a diferent partition than the one harbouring the Windows OS files. Data safety learned from (bad) previous experiences - so in the event of a major OS HD installation failure, most of my savegames won't be lost in the consequent HD cleaning up procedure. So there'll be no "C:\Users\...\Download" and etc for me. But I'll try to follow through the best I can.

I'll give news when I have them.

I'd greatly appreciate advice how to back out of these changes. Just switch off the beta mode for BTS?

edit: Ok, I really really want this to work, so I'm still trying. But I would appreciate that backout advice.

Horseshoe_Hermi, I guess you can revert the changes switching off the beta mode for BTS, but I am not sure.

haha wow, apparently GeForce experience was silently screwing up my system for like.. months. It doesn't even load. I removed it, tried reverting, that didn't even work, removed it entirely and now I can run the mod!

I can load the save..... I think. Which mode should I load it in? I checked Direct IP and I got to a room setup screen.

edit: I would like to play.... Mehmed?

I have some considerations:

1- I have installed in my notebook the steam version, located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common" and the non steam version, located in "C:\Games\Firaxis Games".

2- I have installed in my wife's notebook the steam version, located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common"

3- Kruver has in his notebook the steam version, located in other folder (I don't know which folder, but I know that is not "C:\Program Files (86)\...\").

4- The save "Test_AND_BC-6000_to_TestMan" was generated with my steam version of the game, and the save "Test_AND_2_BC-6000_to_TestMan2" was generated with my non steam version of the game.

5- Both saves was opened, normally, with no problems, in my two versions of the game (steam and non steam), both versions in my notebook.

6- Both saves was opened, normally, with no problems, in my wife's notebook (her notebook has only the steam version).

7- Both saves was opened, normally, with no problems, in Kruver's notebook (his notebook has only the steam version).​

With this in mind, I think I can draw the following conclusions:

1- I guess the mod's installation in the downloads folder before rename the mod's folder and move it to definitive mod's folder, is not so important. What is very important is that the definitive mod's folder be renamed to "ROM-AND".

2- I guess the problem is caused not by incompatibilities between saved files of steam and non steam versions, neither by the localization of the game's folder.

3- I guess the problem is caused by the situation quoted bellow.

4- If you face the message "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed", when trying to open the saved file, Admin Password has nothing to do with it, even though error message leads you to believe otherwise. This is a known problem -- when one does not have clean install of BTS and/or of the particular mod -- it will give you this error message. If one does not remember which files where modified the only solution is to reinstall BTS and/or the mod.
(Tigranes, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...=547649&page=3, post 47)

What do you think about these conclusions?

haha wow, apparently GeForce experience was silently screwing up my system for like.. months. It doesn't even load. I removed it, tried reverting, that didn't even work, removed it entirely and now I can run the mod!

I can load the save..... I think. Which mode should I load it in? I checked Direct IP and I got to a room setup screen.

Horseshoe_Hermi, I don't understand, did you load the mod?

Edit: If so, go to the options: multiplayer -> play by e-mail -> load game, and try to open the two provided saved files.

Top Bottom