A new SG for the unbeliever -> Me :) Goz1 in CIV5

Yup, anything you can sell - including open borders to friendlys - is pretty useful. I think it's a fair trade too. AI values access to other civs lands (kind of a "trust but verify" approach + the value of healing units, faster map nav, etc.) & we value not being broke.:lol: No rebellion here Gozpel... I'm sue whatever level you want to play for this game is cool with all. We respect your authoritaay!

Running 2 games (maybe one at Emperor & one at Immortal?) sounds like a good suggestion.

I agree that running 2 games could be fun. It might even be fun if we ran the same map and competed to see who could win first but I don't know if anyone else wants to make it a competition rather than just a fun team game.

If we play on Immortal then selling OB is probably going to be pretty necessary. Forgoing it would be a significant drop in income especially early in the game when you don't have any puppets set up.

If you don't feel that comfortable playing Immortal, Gozpel, we could play on Emperor and just place a few limitations on ourselves. I can play Immortal but I find it a little less enjoyable than Emperor due to some of the ridiculous things that can happen with the AI bonuses. It won't be fun if we get rushed in the first 50 turns and have no gold to rush-buy a defense. But, it also won't be much fun if we are sending our Stealth Bombers against enemy Crossbows. It would be nice if the AI actually had some idea how to play the game on a level playing field but I guess you play the hand you're dealt.

Running an Emperor game for the SG noobs like me and an Immortal game for the vets might be the best way to do it.

I like the idea of 2 games, one on Emperor and one on Immortal.

Players:

gozpel
Optional
NotSure
apocalypse
jeffah
grandad
Sparthage
Brichals
Cornmaster

Who wants to play on Emperor? I do.

Who wants to take the leadership on Immortal? Optional or NotSure, I'm sure. :)

If noone else signs up. we will have one team of 4 and another of 5, so think this over and we get something started. I already have a few maps saved on Emperor, the the teamcaptain for the Imms, sort out theirs. Ok?

Same map with different difficulties, how do you do that? That would be fun, but I don't see it as competition, since good Immortal players will have skills I never heard of. :)

But if there is an easy way of doing it, why not?

Same map with different difficulties, how do you do that?
Possible in Civ III, by filling in the same seednumber for the new map. No seednumbers are given for Civ 5, so I don't think it's possible for Civ 5. "Save map" guarantees you the same map, but the start positions will be all different, so that's no use.

But there are problems with a competition between two teams, because team members would need to be banned from even looking in each other's threads (they could get all sorts of advanced info about the map) and players of one team couldn't lend a hand in the other team. I think especially not being able to help each other out is a disadvantage for us.

8 or 9 people is a rotten number for an SG. Too much for 1 SG, a bit small for 2, we're unlucky with that number. Perhaps you should just put up some starts for your Emperor game, Gozpel.
I'm willing to start another thread for an Immortal game, but I rather see a little more feedback from everyone about what they want.

I'd be happy to join in an Immortal game. Might as well stretch myself if I'm playing in an SG.

Not sure how to make a map the same with the same start location and selectable difficulties. Maybe making a scenario? However I'm with Optional and I consider a competition to be less fun and hard to police.

When I suggested a competition I meant more of a friendly bragging rights thing. It is probably better to just keep it simple though.

Do we need to play on the same map? Playing on different maps with similar settings might be just as fun and it would allow each team to choose their own start and play their own game style. I think the only way to set up the same map with different difficulties would be to alter it in the Worldbuilder and save it as a scenario. Likely not worth the effort.

I am down for Emperor.

I have never done anything like this before and i would love to try it!

I normally play on emperor so i would like to join that one, however i could do immortal if there is a shortage of players :)

Welcome SomeoneLikehim! Most SG's get their fair share of newbies, and they mostly do fine.
You're player nr 10, so we definitely need 2 SG's now. I'll just open up a thread for the Immortal one, "Von Münchhausen II" that would be.
I would appreciate suggestions for civ and map settings for that one, so please come up with some ideas in the other thread!

Thanks, how does this work? Do we send the save games around? and how many turns does each of us play?

This forum has an excellent file upload system, with 'manage attachments' you just attach the save to your post. Something like 10 turns per player is a normal turnset, maybe a bit more for the first player or the first round. This is usually the call of the person who starts the SG.
A would advise you to have a look at the first Von Münchhausen SG, a couple of entries down in this SG section, that gives a good idea of how an SG gets played.

Thanks Optional, I'll start up a thread tonight too, for the Emperor players. :)

I stick to my settings as Askia and Fractal map and nothing extra. I have no DLC's (except Mongolia, if that count as one), so my game will be basically vanilla.

And with 2 different games, there's no need to avoid peeking into the Immortal thread. I might get a tip or two on the finer bits. :)

I deffinitly interest in the emperor playthrough Know that this will be my first try at emperor because I usally play at king But I don't thinx it will be a problem I dominate king and wanted to make the jump anyway so why don't make it this way

I have installed fraps so I know how to make screenshots however how to put them on the web is a other story

You need to save screenshot in JPG format and then uploud it however how do you do that :p

Great! Come sign up in the sg thread

OK I was a bit out of the loop and its great to see 2 SGs up and running now. So I can join one. I'm not sure about immortal difficulty so I don't know which to join. How many do you have on yours Gozpel? And Optional it seems like there might be just 3 so far on the immortal one. I could join the immortal one to add numbers or I could join the emperor one if it is not oversubscribed already. After so much inactivity in SGs it's all too much for me! I might have to dedicate my lunch breaks only on reading SGs.

Also what happened to CornMaster, He PMed me saying he wanted to join one but I didn't see him either of the 2 threads yet. Just saying he might want to join up.

Top Bottom