Achievement stories, ideas, setups

The VI achievements seem much easier to get than the ones for V. We haven't seen any scenario's yet and those achievements tend to be harder, but some of the vanilla V achievements took forever.

Yes, there's no have/get 100(0)...
Each one of the achievements in VI can be easily obtained in one game (with a right setup).

well the new scenario achievements have dropped so i'd like to give my input on some of them

for Jadwiga's Legacy, I recommend using the Polish on the Deity achievement

The Turks are only focused on attacking Vienna, so just generate a few WInged HUssars in Krakow to push the Janissaries back a bit

Make sure to keep expanding, as Empire is a crucial stat to the Score victory (in 60 turns)

Around Turn 40? the Swedes should start appearing from the north with Musketmen and they will try to take your cities, so have some Crossbowmen and Hussars at the ready (you may have been able to get some XP by killing the Teutonic Knights

Overall, Jadwiga's Legacy is pretty simple

Working on the Vikings scenario, seems to be pillaging all day every day xd

I'm back to playing Civ VI after more than a year off. I stopped playing for several reasons including the disappointing bugs I kept running into. But now most of those seem to have been fixed and I'm learning the Rise and Fall expansion.

I'm progressing slowly with the achievements, I just don't want to play too many games with special setups. However I just did one as a special setup and suggest everyone do so when trying for "Trans-Siberian Railroad". My set up was Huge map, Pangea, low sea level, hot, dry, Settler, no Barbarians, and only one opponent. You need to do this because the game is very fiddly when you try to get the 60 length trade route going. Imagine the map as a globe, you need to pick two cities, one of which has to be your capital, on opposite sides of the globe. If you go too far, the distance of the trade route starts to decrease. I had to build many cities to find the magical 60. At the start, with no barbs and settler difficulty, you can send all your units out exploring without worry. Find the ocean and move along the coasts to quickly get an idea of the shape of the land and found your first city near the east or west coast, being careful not to build it on an inlet. That may take a while, and you'll be losing money, so you don't need any more headaches.

Also use a later start, to allow you to explore faster, I did it with a an Information Age start to get "Through the Digital Age" done. Oh, I turned off the turn limitation, and the only victory condition enabled was Domination. You don't want the game to end if it takes a while to get your trade route up. Oh, I left the default number of City States, and that's both good and bad. I used them to plan my route, but if I built a trading post in one, then decided that it was going to be on my route, so I had to conquer it, It would lose the trading post and I had to set up another trade route to rebuild the post.

Well, I'm up to 43% done, even after working on it for a couple of weeks. About where I was a year ago, but many achievements have been added, so I'm just keeping up :).

I still haven't played the game with all the original leaders. I guess China is next, a normal game after the last weird one.

Last edited:
The best map for "Trans-Siberian Railroad" achievement is inland sea, because you can't circumnavigate it. I played in that map and it was easy.

Top Bottom