Alerum's Unaltered Game Play

alerum68

Priest of Hiroshima
I love all the MODs that are coming out for Civ4, but we're all aware of the divserity in files that are moddified. This is causing some not to run properly without being merged. Several people have already combined MOD packs together, removing these challenges, so the average player could easily have all the MODs without having to merge and combine them. There is one problem that I've seen with them though. They ALL change aspects of game play. So I decided to put together my own pack that will have a few of my favorite mods that changed the interface and easy in which you can play, without actually changing aspects of the game, that way it can be used in Succession Games, and hopefully GOTM and HoF games.

The MODS Included:

5-Man Formations - by Anhu
ActualQuotes Diplomacy Text v1.21 - by Willowmound
Autolog v1.2 - by Eotinb
Clock MOD - by Tubby and Rob0
Customizable Domestic Advisor v0.93 - by Taelis
Disable Introduction Movies v1.2 - by Sevo
Enhanced Military Advisor - by Supreme Overlord
Extended Color Table 1.0 - by SimCutie
Exotic Foreign Advisor v0.94 - by Requies
GreatPerson MOD v0.3 - by Requies and Dr Elmer Jiggle
PlotList Button Enhancement v0.96 - by 12Monkeys
Score Graph v1.8 - By Ulfn
Reminder MOD v1.0 - by Eotinb
Re-Intercept Bug Fix - by 12Monkeys
SevoPedia 1.93 - By Sevo
Show Attitude MOD - By Snaitf and Rob0
UnitUpgrade Civilopedia - by Vovan

Thanks to Cammagno for helping to getting this off the ground.

If you can think of a MOD that should be included here, let me know! I'm more then willing to add it as long as it meets the criteria. Also, if you run into any problems, I'll try and figure it out but I'm not a programmer, just was tired of having to install these group of MODs everytime I did something stupid. :smoke:

If you are a MOD designer, and I forgot yours: Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa! Post a message or send me a PM and when I have time, I'll throw it in. If you are one of the designers that I included above, and want your MOD removed just let me know, and I'll take it out. Any comments are welcome folks.;)
Known Bugs:
-Running the Custom Domestic Advisor with more then 20 cities will cause the advisor to be cleared of all info. To Fix just escape out of the advisor screen, and press F1 to open. This is related to the Examine City Button and is part of the C++ code, so cannot be altered.
-Game cannot be played with "No-Cheating selected."

Spoiler Version Info :

v1.00
- Intial release

v1.01
- Added SevoPedia and Unit Upgrade CivoPedia.
- Updated Autolog from 1.1 to 1.2

v.1.02 -
Bug Fix

v1.03
- Added Show Attitude MOD
- Change Enhanced Foreign Advisor to Exotic Foreign Advisor. Exotic added "At a Glance" and "Info" screens.
- Added Clock MOD.
- Added Reintercept Bug Fix.
- Changed named to Unaltered Game Play.
- Upgrade SevoPedia to 1.9

v1.04
- Updated GreatPeople MOD.
- Updated SevoPedia to 1.91

v1.05
- Updated SevoPedia to 1.93
- Updated Exotic Foreign Advisor to 0.94
- Added Extended Color Table.
- Added 5-man Formations.
- Added New Roads MOD. (Small Light Road Version)

v1.06
- Cleaned up the file structure.
- Removed Roads MOD.
- Added modified Code to Clock that now shows max turns. ex (104 of 430).
- Added Modification of Attitude MOD which shortens length.
- Changed Reminder Hotkey from Alt + R to Shift + R.
- Changed Autlog Hotkey from ALt + E to Shift + E.

Attachments

• Alerum's Unaltered Game Play v1.06.zip
    409.3 KB · Views: 4,527
Great mod collection, great idea. This is what I was going for with my original Fusion mod: a collection that incorporates the good stuff out here without changing gameplay overtly. Kudos!

Thanks Sevo! I loved your MODs, just kept having to reinstall everything when I wanted to play a SG round. I hope you don't mind that I'm using your MODs.

Looks nice. This is exactly the mod I would have made for myself if I wasn't too lazy to put it together. ;) I hope to try it this afternoon.

I do have one suggestion. In your ZIP archive, all the files are prefixed with Alerum's Combined Interface/CustomAssets in the path. This makes it awkward to install (*). If you make the archive starting at the art, python, xml level, then it can be installed in either CustomAssets or as a Mod equally easily.

(*) I'm not sure I came up with the simplest approach, but I unzipped it into its own directory, then rezipped it at the lower level and extracted it into my CustomAssets directory.

FYI, while looking over this in more detail, it appears that some of the files may need some updating for the latest patch. For example, the one I've noticed specifically is XML/Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml. The patch made some changes to the cost and combat power of several units, and those aren't reflected in the modded file. That might be fairly significant for succession games and the like.

I archived it that way so if someone wanted they could install it as a MOD. The simplest way is just to go a level deeper in WinRar and then extract from there. Will ignore the first part.

I'll take a look at it, and see if I can fix it. If you don't mind, would you point out the units that you know are incorrect? Thanks!

I think the differences I found were:

• Jaguars: 40 hammer cost should be lowered to 35
  • Praetorians: 40 hammer cost should be increased to 45
  • Gunships: 20 strength should be increased to 24
  • Galleons: should be upgradable to frigate

The first 3 are all changes documented in the patch readme. I'm less sure about why the last one needed to be made. One way or another, the official Firaxis unit info file has galleons upgrading to frigate, and the modifed one doesn't. I'm assuming the upgrade is correct.

I've changed the first 3, but the one I have is showing the Galleon as upgrading to Frigate, unless I'm reading the code wrong.

<UnitClassUpgrades>
<UnitClassUpgrade>
<UnitClassUpgradeType>UNITCLASS_FRIGATE</UnitClassUpgradeType>
<bUnitClassUpgrade>1</bUnitClassUpgrade>
</UnitClassUpgrade>

That is inside part of the Galleon code in what I have. Forgive my ignorance, but if it's supposed to be in another location as well, let me know the location and I'll add it.

Edit: Uploaded updated file, as well as took out the first directory in the archive.
edit2: Just ran WinMerge on it, and found the problem with the missing code. Everything should be up to date now. I think the file in question was Requies Great Peson MOD being unchanged after the patch.

This doesn't work at all for me. I get many errors when loading the game; the first one is:

error loading Civ4UnitInfos.xml
Error parsing 35aeae as int datatype.

This one looks like a problem you inserted when you did the Jaguar change?

alerum68 said:
I've changed the first 3, but the one I have is showing the Galleon as upgrading to Frigate, unless I'm reading the code wrong.
edit2: Just ran WinMerge on it, and found the problem with the missing code. Everything should be up to date now. I think the file in question was Requies Great Peson MOD being unchanged after the patch.

I took another look at it. I think you found it. It looks like I steered you in the wrong direction. I don't still have the original files from your mod, but I think it was probably galleys that had their upgrade paths changed to allow frigate as an option.

Dr Elmer Jiggle said:
I took another look at it. I think you found it. It looks like I steered you in the wrong direction. I don't still have the original files from your mod, but I think it was probably galleys that had their upgrade paths changed to allow frigate as an option.

Yeah it was under the Galley that had the upgrade path changed. While I was at it, I was trying to run the Show Attitude MOD but can't get it to merge properly with 1.52 MODs. I know I can look it up on the forms, but does anyone know what the problem with the older mods not being loadable with 1.52?

alerum68 said:
While I was at it, I was trying to run the Show Attitude MOD but can't get it to merge properly with 1.52 MODs. I know I can look it up on the forms, but does anyone know what the problem with the older mods not being loadable with 1.52?

I've merged Show Attitude into my 1.52 game without problem....

aelfwyne said:
I've merged Show Attitude into my 1.52 game without problem....

Everytime I try to merge into the pack it comes up blank when I load the program. I'll take a look and see why it's not mergine probably.

not sure what program you're using to merge, but have you tried a 3-way diff? Sometimes you can see things you miss with just a 2-way... (original civ4 file + Show Attitude + file w/ other mods already merged)..

New Version. Install as normal, but make make sure to go to your /civilization4/customassets/xml/units and remove the file 'Civ4UnitInfos.xml' file. This fixes the issue the Dr Elmer found, and should fix it no matter what changes are made with future Civ4 Patches.

An excellent package, rather than thank each contributor individually please all consider youselves thanked.

I'm still learning the main game so don't want to change the gameplay yet - so this was ideal.

Top Bottom