Alerum's Unaltered Game Play

I'm sorry guys but I haven't played Civ4 in so long I didn't even know there was an update. But David is right in that we'll have to wait for everyone to update there own MOD and I don't know how many of the original MOD creators are still around.

Well, it looks as if Beyond the Sword is going to be the final expansion for Civ4, and I was thinking now is the time to bring back this MOD.

I've been out of the loop for a while, so will be going over the current mods that I feel should be added, and seeing which work on BTS.... unless someone knows for a fact that there is something that makes them not work in BTS?

Anyway, I'll be expanding the MOD only slightly. I still want to keep it a MOD that changed no aspect of gameplay, so if you have a suggestion for a MOD you think I should add keep this in mind. As always, if there is a MOD you wanted added, let me know, and if I am able to merge into AUGP, and feel it won't alter gameplay, I will add it in.

LAIL, Wa MR.

Alerum68 - welcome back. With your long break, several people picked up your mod idea and developed it for Warlords but also extended it for Vanilla.

You might want to check my mod but check with 'EmperorFool' too as he may have already picked this up and be making changes. My mod started with yours, added mostly from HOF stuff but also expanded the logger, added unit naming conventions and updated the scoreboard (some of these things might have been in your mod - memory is fading). The main addition to my mod was an in-game option screen that can be used to turn various elements of the mod off and on (alt-j brings up the screen) - look at post 3 in my thread.

Also look at Gaurav's mod. The major change here is that Gaurav went HUGE ... and added some large elements like "actual quotes". There are also other differences.

Also look here too.

Hi Ruff. Good to see you. To be honest my hope was to log on and find all the other UAGP MODs to already be in BTS.

I've downloaded some of the MODs I want to add, but haven't tested them yet. Since I've been gone has the INI parser project taken over, or are people still creating MODs differently? I think my original config for the MOD is extremely outdated, and I'm going to have to start from scratch, I want to make sure it's a bit easier to configure. You have no idea how many hours were spent trying to get some of those early MODs to work together....

Are you planning on bring back your Cobbled SG for BtS? And as always, I'm probably going to be stealing some parts from your MOD, as well as the other you mentioned... Jray's looks the most promising to build off, or at least to find what works and what doesn't, without having to install the MODs out there.

You have no idea how many hours were spent trying to get some of those early MODs to work together....
Yes I do. When I released v2 of my mod, I started completely from scratch. I started by looking at the HOF mod - it combines a bunch of these things.

Are you planning on bring back your Cobbled SG for BtS?
No. Not buying BtS.

Top Bottom